• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone has played the Zelda games chronologically?

For example playing Skyward Sword first then Minish Cap then Four Swords then Ocarina of Time
Im currently replaying all the Zelda games but i started with Ocarina first i will play Skyward Sword and the rest of pre Ocarina games after i finish all the Zelda games from the Adult Kid and Downfall timelines

Last edited:

MW7

I think I accidentally did one small section chronologically before when I played Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks in order.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Not really, there's no real incentive from a story perspective in doing so since the games don't really have a continuous narrative. But I did once play the 3D games in release order starting from Wind Waker to Breath of the Wild.

I've considered doing it, but I've got no RL friends to play FS with.
Good news! The 3DS version can be played solo. They made an add on where if solo, you'll have 2 separate Links, and can switch between them.

Only problem is you have to get it on the virtual console, I think, so if you don't do it before next year (I forget which month), it'll forever be unavailable to you as they are closing the 3DS eshop next year.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Good news! The 3DS version can be played solo. They made an add on where if solo, you'll have 2 separate Links, and can switch between them.

Only problem is you have to get it on the virtual console, I think, so if you don't do it before next year (I forget which month), it'll forever be unavailable to you as they are closing the 3DS eshop next year.
you're overlooking the bigger problem that it hasn't been available to download in several years

you're overlooking the bigger problem that it hasn't been available to download in several years
I was unaware of this. I got it immediately, for free, because I bought the original 3DS model before the massive price drop, and everyone who did so got a bunch of virtual console games for free, and one of the options was FS.

I apologize for the misinformation. I wonder why they took it off the eshop.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I was unaware of this. I got it immediately, for free, because I bought the original 3DS model before the massive price drop, and everyone who did so got a bunch of virtual console games for free, and one of the options was FS.

I apologize for the misinformation. I wonder why they took it off the eshop.
FS wasn't a virtual console game, it was a DSiWare game that, like frax said, was for zelda's 25th anniversary

it appeared again one random time for 4 days then disappeared forever (that time was when I got mine), and yeah they're distribution of that is still to me one of the most baffling things nintendo's ever done

As much as I like the timeline, I prefer the release order. It's been a while since I've done it... (freaking League..)
If you play Ocarina of Time first the Zelda games are more enjoyable Ocarina presents a Good Origin story about Ganondorf and how the Timelines are divided

if you ever replay all Zelda games i recommend playing Ocarina first the impact of the games are better if you play them after Ocarina i recommend playing Skyward Sword and Minish Cap as prequels to Ocarina and after finishing all the other games

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom