• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone got a solid opinion on ARMS yet?

Arms is an interesting title.

It looks like Overwatch and Punch Out got blended together and served with Nintendo sauce.

Its colourful, its unique, its Nintendo....

Its supposedly deep with the amount of items, elements, arenas and fighters all with their unique abilities being mixed and matched.

It doesnt look bad, but i'm not sure if i'm compelled to try it. It looks like it may be laden with DLC, have a small roster and i've seen no hint of a story mode.

I also wonder if, like Splatoon, the single player may feel underwhelming.

At this point i'd like to play something other than Zelda on my expensive new console so i'm drawn to both Arms and Splatoon, even though i'll neglect the online multiplayer aspects of both.

Are you torn on Arms?

Does it look compelling to you?

Are you looking forward to it or are you dead against it?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I feel pretty positive on this title! So long as it has a solid single player mode, I am set. ARMs itself creates a hugely interesting lore so far.

I am waiting for reviews and/or a demo before I make my final call though. Just like with the original Splatoon.

I love the characters, the fighting mechanics look great, I just want to no how much content there is(and if content will be coming down the line).

Though I think I should stress that I don't think Splatoon 2 or ARMs will be worth it unless you plan on playing some local multiplayer(which could be possible, as Nintendo is having a resurgence in the U.K.).

If you are looking for something new to play, I would actually recommend either Puyo Puyo Tetris or Disgea 5. Both have very meaty and good single players, and both have completely different play styles depending on what you would like. Also, there will be much make single player content down the line(Also, some amazing Indies such as Stardew Valley or Enter the Gungeon). I would recommend those over ARMS or Splatoon 2 for you.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Looks as appealing as a pile of faeces to me. I'm not interested at all. It's one of those multiplayer games with no story and will probably be released incomplete so they can sell DLC. Nobody else I know owns a Switch and with no story mode what's the point of playing by myself?

Looks as appealing as a pile of faeces to me. I'm not interested at all. It's one of those multiplayer games with no story and will probably be released incomplete so they can sell DLC. Nobody else I know owns a Switch and with no story mode what's the point of playing by myself?
The DLC looks to be in installments and free like Splatoon was.

If you own a Switch there is zero reason not to download the demo and try it when it's active. I certainly will be. I really feel this game is one that you will have to play and see if it feels right for you. Just looking at it does not do the game justice. Once you feel it by playing it, you'll know if you'll like it or not.

I am quite interested in this so I will try the demo periods to see if playing the game can hook me enough to purchase this.

It doesn't change my opinion on wanting the game whether the DLC is free or not.
I know. And that's cool. I just wanted to make the point.

D

Deleted member 14134

While the game may work as intended and be very fun I can't imagine that it would be popular enough to be considered a success. I can see a good chuck of the Nintendo loyal buying this and a small group outside of them but i imagine the average person will look at this and think along the lines of, well it looks fun but not worth the $60 price tag.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
While the game may work as intended and be very fun I can't imagine that it would be popular enough to be considered a success. I can see a good chuck of the Nintendo loyal buying this and a small group outside of them but i imagine the average person will look at this and think along the lines of, well it looks fun but not worth the $60 price tag.
The free DLC and the variety of modes definitely would keep this at bay.... Especially considering that Splatoon released with way less content, and sold over 4 million copies.

Splatoon had:
4 weapon types
A single player story mode
A single mode to play
5 maps
Free DLC down the line

ARMS will have:
10 characters
10 Maps
A single player story mode
6 game modes
30 different ARMS
Local Play
Free DLC down the line

Considering this exact thing was said about Splatoon as well, I think we should wait and see. I think ARMS is actually going to be a huge success so long as reviews and word of mouth is good. Again, just like Splatoon.
So those new characters huh?

And a global test punch like the splatfests for Splatoon. Is anyone gonna be downloading it?
Yeah. I am going to be downloading it. The test punch will be the deciding factor of whether or not I get the game. I need to feel these controls for myself before I make a proper call on this. On whether or not I buy it I mean.

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Well, to me it looks completely awful, but seems a little like Splatoon, which I LOVE. I doubt I'll buy it, but just like Splatoon, it was marketed horribly.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
If the controls are good, then ARMS could be a winner. I am cautiously optimistic and highly interested at the same time if that is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom