• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone got a definitive best party setup for Xenoblade chronicles for the Wii?

Hero of Twilight

I love Zelda, what more can I say?
Hi I've been playing loads of Xenoblade at the moment and I was wondering if there was an absolute best party setup.

I'm at the point where I've just unlocked 7

I've heard that Shulk, Dunban and 7 work together well, but I've also heard that Melia is the best damage dealer in the game, and it would be fun to use her. Up until now my party has been Shulk, Reyn and Dunban (I got better gear for them via gluttony Gogol cheesing)
Also any recommended arts for those characters?

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Early game, Shulk, Reyn, and Dunban have the best combination of arts and typically the best gear attained from defeating enemies. Sharla isn't too useful due to her weapon overheating all the time.

Mid game, Melia does become the main damage dealer and can be overpowered once getting her mechanics down, and Riki kind of replaces Reyn or Dunban as a universal tank of sorts.

Late game, Seven becomes an essential party member dedicated to AoE and some light healing--a definite keeper that you can build a suitable party around. If memory serves right, then Shulk, Seven, and Dunban or Melia tend to be the best ones to fall back on.

As far as Arts go, any that lead to the Break --> Topple combo tend to be the best ones to use in most situations, and Seven can play off them as well.

Hero of Twilight

Early game, Shulk, Reyn, and Dunban have the best combination of arts and typically the best gear attained from defeating enemies. Sharla isn't too useful due to her weapon overheating all the time.

Mid game, Melia does become the main damage dealer and can be overpowered once getting her mechanics down, and Riki kind of replaces Reyn or Dunban as a universal tank of sorts.

Late game, Seven becomes an essential party member dedicated to AoE and some light healing--a definite keeper that you can build a suitable party around. If memory serves right, then Shulk, Seven, and Dunban or Melia tend to be the best ones to fall back on.

As far as Arts go, any that lead to the Break --> Topple combo tend to be the best ones to use in most situations, and Seven can play off them as well.
Thanks for this, I just reached the village with the Machina people, so am I considered late game or mid game?

Hero of Twilight

Basically getting close to the late game/third act, though I'm mostly dividing it up as to when people join the party as opposed to in-game events.
Out of Shulk , Seven and Dunban, who should I take control of?

Last edited:
I found that some late game bosses can be quite difficult. I usually swapped between all party members but most often ran Shulk, Dunban and Sharla for the difficult fights.
Shulk for his arts selection, Dunban's just a beast & Sharla to heal the other 2. Only a casual player though.

Hero of Twilight

For now imma run Shulk, Dunban and 7 but after the main story I really wanna use Melia, Riki and Dunban

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom