• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone excited for the Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition?

Are you looking forward to it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely love Xenoblade Chronicles!!!

One of my favourite games of all time and the fact that it's gonna be not just ported but remastered onto switch makes me so excited to replay the world with an up to date lens.

Anyone else looking forward to it? Any moments, areas, characters, cutscenes or music you're looking forward to being redone?

Nope.

I played the original in Wii and didn't like it.
I played it again in the New 3DS and liked it even less.

I liked Xenoblade Chronicles X in Wii U but that game was very different to the first game.

I also really didn't like XC2 either, and while the Torna expansion was a massive improvement, it was too full of required filler for me to enjoy completely.

I've tried enough times with this series now to know I don't like it, so I won't be bothering with trying XC for a third time on Switch.

Fair enough. Haven't played X or XC2 only the original & loved it.

Out of curiosity how far did you get into your playthroughs & what didn't you like?

I played a little bit of the New 3DS version; around 5 hours. DM keeps telling me to buy this game because he claims it's one of the best RPGs ever made but I find the start so sluggish.

I'll probably pick this up eventually and try to finally make my way through it. The extra epilogue gives me some incentive to double dip.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
it's just flat out my favorite game ever, I've had it pre-ordered as soon as I could and I've been replaying xenogears to hold me over until then

I'm a tad weary on potential changes given from what I've seen on remakes of other games but also excited to see how they'll manage certain story bits after what xenoblade 2 brought in [we've already seen a certain change], and of course the epilogue

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yes I am. Xenoblade Chronicles was a fantastic game to top off the Wii era. The Definitive Edition release improves some of the bigger I had about the original (character models no longer look horrid and the menu system is greatly revamped). On top of all this, the environments look absolutely AMAZING in true HD and the small bits of gameplay looked buttery smooth as well. I'm excited about the original VAs returning to reprise their roles; the voice lines in the trailer weren't contextualized but the deliveries were yet another improvement.

And of course the additional epilogue, Future Connected, looks great, setting the stage for a new area which didn't make the cut in the original game. I love the air of mystery about Shulk and Melia's visit to the Shoulder, and the potential connections that it's gonna make to another universe. XCDE already looked like a fulfilling package from the initial teaser, but this free Torna-like expansion is gonna be awesome.

not just ported but remastered onto switch
I'm glad to announce that XCDE is a full-on remake from their mainline engine that started with XC2 so it's more than layering on some new textures and sending it out. Given that, I wouldn't even call this a port like (I think) XC3D was either.

Fair enough. Haven't played X or XC2 only the original & loved it.
X is a masterpiece that deserved just as much of a chance as BotW. XC2 is several steps down from the original (especially given the Tales-knockoff artstyle and bad gachas), and Torna is exactly what XC2 should have been gameplay-wise.

looks interesting, and I've seen it has extra content and all that so its basically the complete experience, however should I start with this one if I were to play this then get the rest of the series?

i was a big fan of X on the Wii u especially after obtaining the skell the game opened up massively i was going to pre order but ive since heard that skells do not feature in the game and i wasn't as keen on the combat on foot so now i am undecided.

And of course the additional epilogue, Future Connected, looks great, setting the stage for a new area which didn't make the cut in the original game. I love the air of mystery about Shulk and Melia's visit to the Shoulder, and the potential connections that it's gonna make to another universe. XCDE already looked like a fulfilling package from the initial teaser, but this free Torna-like expansion is gonna be awesome.

X is a masterpiece that deserved just as much of a chance as BotW. XC2 is several steps down from the original (especially given the Tales-knockoff artstyle and bad gachas), and Torna is exactly what XC2 should have been gameplay-wise.

Getting a copy of X has been on my to do list for a while. Always had newer releases getting in the way though. Heard mixed things about XC2 mainly about the voice acting but will still give it ago one day because aside from that I heard the game was good.

Always loved when remaster's add content and any extra Melia related things we get is a bonus.

Didn't know about the VA's reprising roles. Super stoked now :party: :party:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom