• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone else Really Hoping for Hard Bosses?

SuperGleeok64

For the Greater Good.
I actually want to have to pass through several "Game Over" screens before the game is done, and can't help but expect having to face the same boss multiple times in a row before a lucky decisive blow.
I assume you aren't including AoL?Yes, I would like hard bosses but not like (some of) the bosses in AoL. Usually it wasn't the boss itself that was hard it was not having the ability to heal right before the boss or during the battle. I'd also like to have choice to fight bosses again.

I thought the bosses where acceptable in MM.
But in any other Zelda game i have felt the bosses where to easy.
One boss i found hard was phantom ganon from OoT.

The bosses should be a challenge and require a bit of working out.
This is my only real problem with the Zelda games.

~SkullKid~

~Mazuke~
I hope they will be challenging and It would be cool if you could go to the boss and not be ready for and have to go back and find the right item

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
What I'm wondering is if Nintendo will start us off with only three hearts in SS like in every other Zelda game, or whether we'll have the same amount of hearts like in the demo. It looks like almost every enemy will take off at least one heart. The later bosses may even take off more than one heart. Ghirahim looked like an awesome challenge with many of demo players taking at least 3 or 4 hits before they defeated Ghirahim for the first time. So yes I'm hoping for hard bosses for sure bc Zelda needs that "challenge" that we've seen in the original LoZ and ALttP. I'm not even counting AoL, cuz that game is overkill LOL (even though its a fun challenge).

Miyamoto and Aounuma said themselves everything in this game will be a new challenge to the players so I'm pretty sure we'll see a good challenge in the bosses as well from the rest of the game

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I think the mini bosses should be challenging( like dark Link in OoT), and the real bosses of the dungeon should kick the crap out of you until you think with your head and discover a weakness or think of a tactic to defeat the boss. Even more fun would be if in some dungeons you could have companions that help you out with some ultra hard boss that cannot be beaten alone. :)

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I actually really don´t care. There have been so many discussion in this forum during the years, whether or whether not the bosses should be made more difficult in future Zelda releases. Let´s face the truth: Zelda bosses have never been and will never be difficult to master (well 2 or 3 exceptions there might be), But of course, one could always wish for a surprising future :)

The Zelda games I have played (basically all the games except for MM, TP, and WW, the latter of which I've seen reviews of that say their bosses are too easy) don't exactly give Zelda a history of hard bosses. So yes.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I would love to see challenging bosses in SS. What you say about TP is very true: The bosses were wayyyyyy to easy. I think the zelda games with the best difficulty would be ALTTP and LOZ. ALTTP has the perfect amount of bosses and the perfect difficulty. Skyward does look like its going to be difficult anyway so I wouldn't worry. With the new motion plus control and how Nintendo said everywhere is kind of like a dungeon the difficulty should be just right. Lets just hope the bosses match up to that though.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I hope for challenging bosses. I mean, I don't want basically undefeatable bosses that take a month to defeat. Just bosses that use clever tricks for you to figure out and avoid with a clever trick of your own. I hope it's bosses are harder than TP's bosses. They were a tad to easy and unsmart for me. Even the final bosses posed little challenge. I think that with the motion plus added to SS will give Nintendo the chance to explore with what the bosses can do, and how the player can defeat them. Bosses are large part of Zelda games, and without them, Zelda wouldn't be as great as it is now.

I wanna see not only hard bosses but bosses that take a long time to beat. I'd also be cool if the bosses could regain health too (but not too much), like if u stopped to get some hearts the boss would go to its cacoon to rest and heal too. Also if the surrounding could help or hinder u in small to big ways. One way would be to lite a tree on fire and make it fall on the boss or something. idk i'm just going wild here, it's prolly not possible yet

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Well, I don't like to have a boss so hard, I get angry then rage quite. After all that just to go feel better, I bike all the way to the grocery store, buy a canister of whipped cream and six chocolate bars, eat them all before I get home and take a nap. No, last time I did that it was AoL. I like to die a couple times till you learn the trick to beating it. It's always fun to have an 'Aha!' moment when you realize how to defeat the boss. I like challenge don't get me wrong, but I don't want it to me so hard it takes me 4 hours just to beat one boss. I want to die a couple times, get a little angry, then throw my controller in triumph as I deliver the finishing blow.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I think they should find a balance between the bosses being hard by themselves and hard to figure out.

Something a lot of people most likely noticed about pretty much evry 3-D Zelda is that some of the bosses basically handed their weak point to you in their "dramatic intro" and ended up only having challange to offer some difficulty. Some had problems offering it, like Armogohma (well, I had some trouble with it, to be honest), whose eye inmediatly screams "Hit me!" to most people who had expirience with Zelda bosses. It lost some difficulty because of that.

I don't think the whole boss lineup was as easy as everybody says, at least not the bosses themdelves. Stallord was quite a challange for me, maybe because he shares a bit ALttP bosses, where you had to manage resources like magic carefully sometimes times and just be quick and observant in others. Figuring out was half the fight.

Personally, I would like something like the bosses in Majora's Mask, who had several ways to be defeated. Twinmold is my favorite example, you could use the Giant's Mask or rely mainly on your aim with the bow (my favorite way) and use fire/ice arrows, which also works pretty well. Both ways are hard to pull off, and it almost feels like a different fight with each (in my opinion).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I believe they will be more difficult this time around. No more find the weak-spot and slash the hell out of it, now you will need to strategise a bit more and so the difficulty level will be increased. The stalfos in the demo was just a mini-boss and you can see if you do not strategise correctly you will be punished by losing several hearts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom