• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Anyone Else Notice This Pattern?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The story of Adventure of Link centers around Link trying to save the original princess Zelda, and Ganon's minions trying to bring him back from the dead using Link. Know your back story.

A Link to the Past is a new chapter. It's a new never before told chapter that takes place before the first games. It explains the basics of Hyrule and the Triforce.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Don't Roll Your Eyes At Me Boy!!!

Alright dude, before you claim im throwing a hissy fit, or go into one yourself, im just gonna point something out. You said that when ALttP was released, it was released as a sequel. which was taken by me as being like Zelda II aka AoL was and being a direct sequel following LoZ. Then if you read both stories, ALttP doesn't really have anything to do with AoL because Link does not already know Zelda, who he had just saved at the end of AoL. Do you get what im saying. Yeah it was Zelda III to most of us, or a Super Legend of Zelda respectively to those who were waiting to get it back in 92.

So it was never meant to be an actual "sequel", no more than it was meant to be a prequel. Its more of its own thing as far as the "And so, on an ill-fated night, a new chapter in the legend of Hyrule's hero begins--a new chapter in the Legend of Zelda --Page 7" comment..... all i have to say is; fair enough. However i think that is more game talk than actual story reference.

That's why this has become a debate between opinions more than anything.:dry: However something did just dawn on me. But I'll leave that to you to bring it up. Which is what makes these forums so fun!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Not the nicest way to respond to someone but anyway I found a quote for you...

Thank you for providing evidence in a dignified manner. And yes, that was not the nicest way to respond. I find I am not all that nice after reading a poorly made rage post that shows no desire to hold a civil conversation and presents an immediate unprovoked attack.

@snakeoiltanker

You seem to be laboring under the illusion all links are the same....at least that's what I'm getting from your first statement.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Thank you for providing evidence in a dignified manner. And yes, that was not the nicest way to respond. I find I am not all that nice after reading a poorly made rage post that shows no desire to hold a civil conversation and presents an immediate unprovoked attack.

@snakeoiltanker

You seem to be laboring under the illusion all links are the same....at least that's what I'm getting from your first statement.

Well looking back I can see why you responded the way you did so its fine :yes:

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Wind Waker was released as a sequel to Ocarina of Time. Phantom Hourglass was released as a sequel to Wind Waker. Spirit Tracks was released as a sequel to Phantom Hourglass.

Majora's Mask was released as a sequel to Ocarina of Time. Twilight Princess was released as a sequel to Majora's Mask/ Ocarina of Time.

Adventure of Link was released as a sequel to the first game.

EDIT: Oh yeah. 600 posts. Finally.

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Well looking back I can see why you responded the way you did so its fine :yes:

i fail to see how you understand his response, cool guy, i was not being rude at all, i simply game him the evidence hes always ask for, and i was in no way rude in the way i game it too him, especially considering the way he comes at everyone in this site. i mean, is im right your wrong way, so i call him out on his lack of evidence one time and im the one being rude. LOL yall are crazy. every one here proved he was wrong, i wasnt doing that i was simply trying to give him the source material to find out for himself. but what ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom