• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Anyone Else Not Annoyed by Navi?

So, it seems like most Zelda players find Navi, from Ocarina of Time, very annoying. I mean, yeah, I can see why they would, but I have never found her annoying. I actually appreciate her, even though she often states the obvious.

I think having a cute little fairy by my side was a great part of the game. It made sense with the story, and she was pretty helpful at times. I'm sure there are others who may agree with me, and probably many that will disagree. Either way, feel free to discuss your thoughts about Navi the Fairy! :fairy:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
navi sounds like navigator :D

i wasn't annoyed by navi. wait navi was in ocorina of time right x.x

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Navi was a-ok in my books because she only forcible stops you maybe 5 times through out the game, and it's normally short.

But Fi.... Fi stops you constantly and is just....

Navi isn't as bad as people say ;)

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I didn't find Navi to be annoying. Navi was useful for enemy bios and her only fault that I care for is that she always reminds me what I'm supposed to be doing. This is somewhat annoying as I am usually trying to find goodies or complete sidequests. I never really thought of Navi as much of a character in the first place. Her personality is so generic that I couldn't develop any feelings toward her to begin with. Navi was always just there in my eyes. The little fairy was just a minor gameplay mechanic to me that did nothing to add or take away from my experience playing OoT.

i think Navi is someone that you love to make fun of more than she is aggravating. Although replaying Ocarina of Time and she is definitely annoying at certain points. most of the time she's just an optional guide but other times she stops you before you continue and you're forced to listen to her.

She has never struck the nerve with me that she seemed to with everyone else. I don't think the game would be particularly worse off without her, nor does her presence aggravate me. She is one of the weaker sidekicks as far as I'm concerned.

Mido

Version 1
I think that Navi has always harbored one redeeming quality in her, and that is her genuine care for Link. While I do find it irksome when she tells the player what to do when said player is clearly trying to accomplish something else, such as trying to explore a temple in the 'incorrect' order (so dastardly); her mission to guide and protect Link is the backbone to her character. A role in that regard is what I find to be the most quintessential quality to any companion of Link, in any shape or form. Also, I agree with what Mr. da Vinci says above in reference to Navi's character bio analyses. They're efficient in most cases! So indeed, I actually would say that Navi is one of Link's better companions for his long quests across the land!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've never found her that annoying. The only time she ever really stopped your quest was in the first dungeon, and even that wasn't very annoying. I do understand why some people find her annoying, but to me it seems like people just enjoy to hate her. People enjoy their "Navi is annoying" jokes. I don't, frankly. Navi's so-called annoying qualities are very over-exaggerated. The jokes are old and frankly not that funny.

Navi is more annoying replaying Zelda rather than playing OoT for the first time because you already know what she will say, but you still ahve to stop and listen to her when all you want to do is speedrun.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Well she always annoyed the hell out of me...but after going back and playing SS...I was starting to miss her. <.<

Salem

SICK
The first time I played OoT, she didn't, only on the second play through and millionth she did.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I didn't find Navi to be annoying. Navi was useful for enemy bios and her only fault that I care for is that she always reminds me what I'm supposed to be doing. This is somewhat annoying as I am usually trying to find goodies or complete sidequests. I never really thought of Navi as much of a character in the first place. Her personality is so generic that I couldn't develop any feelings toward her to begin with. Navi was always just there in my eyes. The little fairy was just a minor gameplay mechanic to me that did nothing to add or take away from my experience playing OoT.

Yeah the enemy bios were useful. Anyways as most say Navi wasn't annoying the first time you play OoT, but after you've completed the game a few times and know were just about everything is and how to do things she becomes very annoying.

I've always been in the minority of fans that were never annoyed by Navi. I found her information to be useful for what it was worth, and I didn't find it intrusive or anything. I was actually amazed when I first heard her voice; that sort of thing would amaze anyone back in the N64 days when vocal dialog wasn't as big of a thing yet, though. I only started to consider Navi as annoying when I started using the internet and I didn't want to be the odd one out (lol). But I don't care about that sort of thing anymore. I like Navi just as much as I like Fi. ;j

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Navi was more a minor annoyance than a big problem, so I don't understand the mentality of "everything in OOT was perfect except Navi".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom