• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Anyone else disappointed with the Odolwa fight?

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
In the original version, any items and attacks worked on Odolwa, but using the Deku Flower to sneak behind him was recommended. In the 3DS version, it was the only way to defeat him.

And by making only the damage toward his newly added eye count toward winning the fight, it abandoned the original merits the boss battle had in favor of just copying so many others.

Aunoma sometimes fails to distinguish the difference between giving the player a wide berth of freedom and politely hinting the recommended path versus restricting the player's options entirely in favor of the recommended path.

Hayato

Private detective
I do agree with your comment because Odolwa is way to passive this time, however i did noy use the Deku Flower in that battle nor in the N64 version, I defeaed him just with arrows and my sword although it was boring in the 3DS. However the other boss battles are a blast!

Can't say anything about Twinmold and Gyorg yet, but Goht was fun. I'm sick of the eye thing though. Seriously Nintendo, I can kill a boss without needing an enormous eye to poke with my sword. Since I never played the original, I'd say Odolwa was ok, if a little boring for a 1st boss fight, but first bosses in Zelda tend to be that way regardless. Horsehead, Diababa and that giant stag beetle from ST weren't too bad.

Last edited:

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
I thought Odolwa in the original game was a great boss. Super hard for a first boss, but it really picks up right where Ocarina left off and lets you know how the game is going to be. The 3DS version was significantly worse. Nintendo needs to stop putting big eyes on all of their bosses. This is why none of the bosses in Majora's Mask 3D weren't as good as their originals.

Salem

SICK
They added eye weakness to Odowla and the other bosses because Nintendo are obsessed with eyes, yeah this makes the boss worst, I had fun in the original version.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I found Odolwa slightly harder in the 3DS version. Though I do prefer him in the N64 because you have more ways to attack him.

If I remember correctly, those annoying moths in the original battle weren't in the 3DS version. But I might be wrong.

Overall, I wasn't disappointed, but I would have preferred different methods of attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom