• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS Anyone else Bothered by This?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Is anyone else bothered with how much easier they made the puzzles? Like they give Mido extra dialogue to explain and already easy puzzle, they give camera shots to the chest in the beginning Forest Temple room and the hidden room in the Middle Water Level Floor in the Water Temple. They even make the Song of Time cube stand out more near the Longshot chest. I haven't done Master Quest yet and I'm worried and I'll miss out on some cool puzzles because the designers made it easier. I'm also annoyed this next generation of gamers won't appreciate how cool some of these puzzles were. Does anyone else feel the same way?

MW7

I definitely noticed this as well, but I don't think they messed with Master Quest. I'm basing this on the fact that I got stuck a few times in Master Quest on things that definitely could have easily been ruined. I do think it's kind of sad that they felt the game was too difficult/vague in its original form. I mean millions of people figured these things out in the original game, and the only thing I've ever heard complaints about was the Water Temple example you gave. However, that was a totally fair puzzle IMO because the floating block is staring you in the face as you walk in that room. I didn't figure it out too quickly the first time I played through the game, but I definitely think it was fair the way it was presented in the original game.

Aerauro67

That God of Yellow Foxes
I don't quite understand what you mean by that. Honestly, I haven't seen that at all when I play 3D. It might've been that I was lazy to remember this, but I don't think it was that simple to my most honest opinion.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Well I cant speak much, beings I never played the original.

Could you elaborate on what you mean, like the dialogue?

Well for the dialogue in particular, this is what Mido originally said in OoT before the Forest Temple:

What are you? Though you wear Kokorish clothing, you can't fool me! I promised Saria I would never let anybody go through here.

A simple enough puzzle. Play Saria's song.

In OoT 3DS, he says this:

Who do you think you are? That Kokori-like clothing won't fool me! I promised Saria I would never let anybody go through here. If you want to see her so bad, I'm gonna need some proof that you're really a friend of hers! Something you could only have heard from her!

At this point it's less of a puzzle and more of a straight forward command.

But yeah, I probably only noticed this because I've played OoT so many times.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I can't say I actually noticed much of a difference. OoT had always been easy for me by the time OoT3D released, so I already knew what motions to go through regarding Mido's blocking the path, the Water Temple, and any other possible changes they made.

The game wasn't dirt easy with the changes, and MQ3D gave me a headache the first five or so plays of the mode. I mean, the Sheikah stones still weren't giving all the hints, enemies while really stupid could still damage you, and puzzles themselves weren't changed too much if at all.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
The only change I noticed were the directions to the rooms that change water levels and the floating block camera zoom in the Water Temple, just because I remembered having trouble with that in the original version. Hah, I hadn't even noticed Mido had extra dialogue. I probably skipped through it all, anyway. Though it does seem a bit silly, considering they could have just as easily added in a Sheikah Stone tip for those puzzles.

I'm afraid I haven't played the original Master Quest, but I don't remember any puzzles seeming overly obvious because of some camera zoom or something in the 3D version. Although, looking at a few videos, Mido's extra lines of dialogue still appear to be there.

i didnt notice much change aside from the easter eggs and the obvious bottom screen functions.. puzzles, dialogue etc felt the same to me and didnt make the game any easier than it is already. Its a pretty faithful remake, i can't fault it.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
This is it.

This is what I was talking about. I never played the 3DS game all the way through, but they've made it so that gamers won't have the same experience that we had as kids. They have no respect for the past, and that is why Zelda isn't as popular as it was back when OoT was released fifteen years ago.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I didn't notice much of a difference in puzzle difficulty, and I wasn't really annoyed by any change from the regular version to the 3DS version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom