• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Anyone else annoyed with the lack of new content?

Skyward Sword HD

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I know SS HD is a remaster and all, but each of the reamasters have done something new to the game a bit.

OoT 3D included Master Mode instead of being something packaged separately.
MM 3D added a fishing hole, ruined the Deku Mask and Zora Mask, and unnecessarily changed the position of the guy who gave you the Stone Mask.
TP HD gave us a new challenge-dungeon, Wii-U stamps, and the Amiibos added difficulty multipliers or nerfs.
WW HD gave us the swift-sail and fixed the Triforce Hunt to be a LOT less annoying.
LA NS gave us a dungeon creator to share online with others.

Skyward Sword HD just gave us... the ability to go to the sky whenever we wanted with an Amiibo...
... no new sky islands to have fun minigames?
... no new challenges given by an amiibo?
... no cosmetic options given by an amiibo?

Like for real, they could've let us scan the Skyward Sword Link Amiibo in order to play the game in Link's Skyloftian Casual Attire seen during the game's prologue, or they could have added a couple new islands to the overworld where we could complete a challenge dungeon or some new mini-games to enjoy. Heck they could've implemented some of their cut characters and had them used in new islands. We could've seen a new island village for example with just a few characters living away from Skyloft and just chilling.

Instead, Skyward Sword HD is pretty much a 1-to-1 port of the original game.

Honestly tho, I am hoping that at the end when you put the Master Sword in the pedestal it should play the Nintendo Switch click sound instead of the normal sound cue.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Could they have added one new and fun elements to the game? Almost certainly. But surprisingly enough it doesn't bother me that they didn't.
SSHD is a remaster, not a remake. They id exactly what was expected of them by slapping a shiny new coat of graphical paint up there and polishing the controls. The Zelda and Lotwing amiibo is mechanic that, while annoying amiibo locked, is good for general game quality of life. They improved the experience, even if ever so slightly. And mentioned in the op, not all "new stuff" in redone zelda games has equalled "good stuff". I was appalled when I discovered some of the things they trampled in making MM3D. While they probably thought it would make the game better, it didn't add much of anything aside from confusion. The dungeon builder in the LA remake, while it wasnt bad and it in well enough, felt unnecessary. I'm content with what we got from the SSHD package. I'd prefer getting BotW though.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It's disappointing, but it doesn't surprise me. Skyward Sword HD's lack of new content first perfectly with Nintendo's style of re-releasing old games, adding nothing new, and actually charging more for them.

Last edited:

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Annoyed? No, because releasing SSHD as is is a perfectly Nintendo thing to do, as has been mentioned already.

Disappointed? Sure, because it's a wasted opportunity for something that could've benefited from new or reworked content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom