• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone else Agree with This?

I watched this video on YouTube where this guy said he really didn't like the turbo boosts on your loftwing in SS because they were way too slow. I personally don't have a problem with them, but I'm curious to see how many people agree with him. What do you guys think?

-TwiliMajora ;)

I thought they were fast enough, but faded too quickly. It took forever to get to any of the drop points.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Slow? I don't think so. Some people may find them slow, but their just nit-picking. There's plenty of the those boosts scattered around the sky, anyway.

MW7

I thought the Loftwing's base speed should have been faster because I agree with Chibiyu that it took unnecessarily long to get where you're going (better than Wind Waker though). The bursts were a little slow but I'd increase the Loftwing's base speed or add more of the speed burst rocks to the sky.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
a few more of those launch rocks would have been nice but, as it is, it was no-where near as monotonous as sailing in WW

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I thought that the whole sky was well balanced, and that the boosts were quick enough. Anyway, the boost rocks made up for any complaints people could have about how long it takes to traverse the sky...

I have no significant complaints with the Loftwing's default flight speed or the speed boosts. In fact, I personally like to think the speed boost was just right given the size of the sky. Sure, there were times when I wanted to get from point A to point B lickety-split. But seriously....not a big deal, especially given that it was only required at one point in the game. Also, to add, I like to think the Spiral Charge "enhanced" the Loftwing's speed boost. Rather, it gave the illusion of such, in my opinion.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I think that the speed boosts were a little slow. It isn't a big disappointment though. I found myself using the speed rocks in the sky more then I used the speed boosts with my own Loftwing. I did feel like the Loftwings base speed could have been a little quicker but hey, Im not complaining here. I'm very grateful that the speed of the Loftwing was way faster than the speed of the King of Red Lions in WW.

Z

Zelda's Boy Toy

I thought the speed was decent. There were times I would have liked it to be a little faster. For me I would have liked the bird to be a little faster when you had to hit the targets with your bird (before you learn the bird attack).

Deeds

no text
I thought that Link's Loftwing's speed burst was well balanced but could seem quite tedious when forced to shake the wii remote.

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
..... it's hard to notice it when you're just travelling over clouds. Maybe if the sky had been less empty?

This is exactly how i felt. I'm guessing i was going fast but it didnt seem all that fast since i was going over white clouds. But i wish that there was more speed boosts...(more than just 3 at a time) that would have made it a lot easier on me since i like to randomly fly around the sky.. and because there isnt a speed boost rock thing everywhere... flying seemed...really slow IMO. The(Bird ) boosts should have been a little bit faster.. (for my liking anyways)

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I didn't really mind the loftwing's base speed. Maybe because I liked flapping to gain height constantly and then turning slightly downwards to get more speed. That's speed without using the A button and it was enough for me, so you must've seen by now that I disagree with the idea of the boosts being too slow.

That said, I thought the sky-diving was pretty fun, and because of that you bet I always made sure to gain a lot of height even if it wasn't needed. I found a certain enjoyment in that part of the sky travelling that made it all worth it for me, so maybe that's the reason I'm not really bothered by the loftwing's speed. That could also have to do with my opinion of the sky, which I actually found to be really small. I didn't think the exploration aspect was that much exploited in it, which could be another reason I found the loftwing's speed to be just fine.

Then again, while I don't think the loftwing was too slow, I guess my reasons to think so make my opinion somewhat debatable. (yes, even to me)

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I didn't like the speed of the loftwing nor its boosts, but I can't complain. What I think is that we should've got more boosts...but at the same time, it's only a bird whose strength we don't have measures of so then again three boosts is enough. The recharge time could've been raised, at least.

Still, we got SOME kind of speed enhancer so grateful for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom