• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anybody else Here a Fan of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I've recently gotten back into watching this show, and I question why I ever stopped watching it. I'm a huge fan of black comedy, and this show pulls it off perfectly. My favorite character is Charlie the high-strung idiot-savant. And every time I think the show's done the most outrageous thing it manages to one-up itself in the next episode. And I can't get enough of it.

Anywho, who else here likes this show?

Hanyou

didn't build that
I can't get enough of it.

It's hilarious enough that even season 1 is good--but season 2 is twice as good and it maintains a fairly consistent level of quality from there. There's a classic innocence to the humor on top of the outrageously offensive jokes and the Seinfeld-style cynicism.

My favorite episodes are probably The Gang Runs for Office, Sweet Dee's Dating a ******** Person, and The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention. I think they're a good showcase of the show's brand of humor.

Ganondork

goo
It's Always Sunny fan reporting in. I love that show, and I've seen every episode about four times. I know most of the lines to the episodes at this point, and I occasionally quote the show accidentally in mid conversation. It also gave me my love for Danny Devito, as I can't get enough of the guy anymore. I was dying when he came out of the couch, butt naked, during the Christmas special.

The Nightman Cometh is easily my favorite episode. I also loved the callback to that episode during the episode with Thundergun Express when Frank is on the boat and recounts some of his adventures. The caricatures that result in the later seasons are especially funny, as Dennis has grown increasingly deranged, Mac more belligerent, Charlie more stupid, Frank more insane, and Dee becoming more and more the unlikely voice of reason.

As a side note, me and my friend at school, another It's Always Sunny fan, call ourselves the Gruesome Twosome. The pelvic thrusts and grunting generally follow after the mention of the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom