• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anybody else a 3DS Fanboy/girl?

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I know I am. Me and my dad got one each and stayed up until Midnight release. i got Nintendogs and Cats, he got Pilotwings. (We later on got Ridge Racer 3D, Super Street Fighter 4 and OoT <3)

I love my 3DS, And I find it impressive Nintendo is reviving some series. (Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, etc.)

But I am disappointed that there is no sign of F-Zero 3X or UX, A 3D/HD Speedy racer would be epic. And I hope it still remains at 60 frames per second if there is another game.

Other than that, I wish there was more downloadable content. No, I'm not cheap, but I was so happy and amazed when Excitebike got remade into a 3D world. (Not 64, 3DS :P)

And I would only hope for Ice Climber 3D classics. I had fun with this glitchy platformer. Sure, it's no Mario or Zelda, but when your bored you can go through 32 levels of pure awesomeness.

And one thing I am looking forwad to? Super smash brothers 4. I just hope the 3DS gets hacked!

So anyway, what is your opinions on the 3DS, And what is your wishlist?
Mine:
Super Mario 3D Land
MM 3D?
Star Fox 64 3D. (Can't let you brew that, Starbucks. Can't let you view that, Firefox <3)
SSB4
Luigis Mansion 2.
AC3DS
etc, etc.

H

Honey Pie

And I would only hope for Ice Climber 3D classics. I had fun with this glitchy platformer. Sure, it's no Mario or Zelda, but when your bored you can go through 32 levels of pure awesomeness.
I love you.

Anyway, isn't it a little too soon to be considered a "fanboy/girl" Hasn't it only been out for 6 months? I'm a N64 fangirl because I've been playing it for years. I can see why someone would really like it, even with the small library of games. I'm eagerly looking forward to getting a 3DS next Christmas and get to play Kid Icarus, Lugi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing, etc.

I've tried a 3DS at Gamestop and the 3D was cool. It didn't hurt my eyes but I couldn't enjoy the 3D and the game at the same time, so I guess I'll mostly be playing with 3D off.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well I love the 3DS. It's very impressive and I guess the only thing I care about are the games and whatever the eShop has to offer. All the other stuff are nice features and all and could really enhance gameplay but that's it. Mess around with it a couple of times and you're done with it. All you can do is wait for real games to implement those features. And the 3D is also a cool feature. It really adds depth to the game and makes the games more alive. It never really hurts my eyes when I set it at the right spot but I don't care to use it all the time. I spend most of the time playing with it off.

As for games I got Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, and Resident Evil the Mercenaries 3D all on their release. Street Fighter IV is nothing you haven't seen before and lacks a bit in quality compared to the console version, but has some very good features the console doesn't have, has some nice graphics for a handheld, and the 3D works amazingly. Ocarina of Time is Ocarina of Time. GO GET IT! As for Resident Evil, yeah it lacks in content and has some frame rate issues but it's very solid. The graphics are the best the 3DS has to offer for now, the gameplay is spot on, and it's tons of fun.

I also got Splinter Cell 3D, Rayman 3D, Rabbids Travel in Time 3D, and Super Monkey Ball 3D. They were all 16 bucks, so that's a good price for Splinter Cell and the others I'd thought why not. Haven't played those yet.

I'm also looking forward to Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 in November and Resident Evil Revelations and Luigi's Mansion 2 next year. I still need to know more about this Batman game coming to 3DS, Bloodrayne the Shroud, Sonic Generations 3DS, and Super Smash Bros 3DS. I'm also very excited about the free 20 games coming in September for the eShop. Although I was disappointed in the cancellation of Assassin's Creed Lost Legacy and Saint's Row Drive By.

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Am I a 3DS fangirl? I'd have to say "no" to that question, for now at least. As it stands, I have one 3DS-specific game, which is OoT 3D. I love having a portable version of OoT, and playing OoT 3D shows me exactly what the 3DS is capable of. However, I'm not fond of the actual 3D aspect except in cutscenes. Using the gyroscope and 3D at the same time is almost impossible for me, as when I turn my 3DS, Link splits into two. :S To be honest, the sheer capability of having games like OoT made for the 3DS makes up for me not using the 3D.

However, with the very few good titles out for the 3DS, I really haven't used it that much. Really, I use my 3DS mostly to connect to the internet after I get kicked off my computer or when I'm in bed. I only used the eShop to download Link's Awakening so far, but I'll get more games once the Ambassador Program begins.

I am mostly looking forward to getting Kid Icarus 3D. I'm not what you would call an "avid gamer," and I don't play Mario games, so I don't know if I'd get any of those. I wouldn't mind picking up a copy of, say, SSBB, though. What I would love, seeing the capabilities of the 3DS, is another sequel to Okami. It's my favorite game EVER, and I would love to have a continuation of it. Okamiden for the DS was okay, but nowhere near as good as the original, in my opinion. It would be awesome if they could make a sequel that somewhat could rival the original. ("They" being whatever developer could take on the task.)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't have a 3DS, but I can say I am a 3DS Fanboy despite that. I've so far played Street Fighter 4 and Dead or Alive Dimensions. Both are excellent titles. Like Turo said, SF4 is nothing special (actually, SF4 has been ported and "remade" several times) but is still amazing fun. Dead or Alive Dimensions has some of the best physics I've seen so far in a 3DS title, all thanks to Team Ninja and KASUMI (oh man, I looove Kasumi). Personally though, I think the 3D effect is just ridiculous. My vision isn't perfect, so for me to get the "optimal" 3D effect I would need my own personal 3DS rather than using the one on display. Don't get me wrong - 3D is nice to have, but it rarely if ever enhances gameplay. To me, it's just another gimmick. Luckily, Nintendo handles their gimmicks pretty well so I will assume that they will make use of it later on. I really want to (ab)use the eShop as I've never seen it in action myself xD

As for games I want, well first I need the 3DS (hopefully I'll get it for a Holiday coming up for me), then I want

• Resident Evil:Mercenaries 3D (I know all about it's lack of characters and stages and weapons - Rebecca and Barry more than makes up for that)
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - I know the entire KH story up until DDD, but the trailers for DDD look exhilirating and I just read another Nomura Interview that reported TWO team mates in Traverse Town who may not be Donald and Goofy. Am I excited? YES.
  • Ocarina of Time 3D - Just so I can have every single port of OoT at least once.
  • Resident Evil: Revelations - I really want to know the roots of the BSAA and what the heck happened BEFORE the Spencer Estate mission.
  • Dead or Alive Dimensions - Kasumi is eye candy. And I really want to play online, if that's a reason at all xD
  • All future Mario and Kirby titles - I love both series and both characters to death.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I'm an advocate for how Nintendo handles their 3D. Most of the 3D games I have seen expand the depth of the game beyond the screen, rather than making it appear as if things are coming out of the screen. This is the way you use 3D artistically - to give the world more depth, so it appears that the screen is just a glass window between you and the world behind it. It is immersive this way, and not gimmicky.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's still a gimmick whether you look at it this way or not - the game world can immerse someone with it or without, and it is much unneeded to get the gaming experience one is aiming for. The 3D is just an extra layer. Granted, it's a cool looking, artistic layer but layer nonetheless. That's just how I see it, because when I have the 3D on I really cannot focus but not everyone is affected by the 3D.

Garo

Boy Wonder
It's still a gimmick whether you look at it this way or not - the game world can immerse someone with it or without, and it is much unneeded to get the gaming experience one is aiming for. The 3D is just an extra layer. Granted, it's a cool looking, artistic layer but layer nonetheless. That's just how I see it, because when I have the 3D on I really cannot focus but not everyone is affected by the 3D.

I guess we have different definitions of gimmick. I only consider something a gimmick when it either hinders enjoyment or does not add anything to the experience other than cost. 3D adds depth and immersion, as well as increasing artistic merit if done properly. Even things that I don't enjoy, like the Kinect, I don't consider gimmicky - it adds a new sort of experience.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You're right in your description, probably moreso than I in mine. I don't necessarily not enjoy the 3D though, it just seems like it was tacked on and Nintendo was like "Ohaiguiz, wehazda3Dssonaowecanwinzdisfitesamirite?". Well, it wasn't as much of a troll attempt as that sentence (fragment?) but for Nintendo to advertise it as a main selling point when what the people who purchased a 3DS for was the games just makes the 3D seem more and more like a gimmick. You know, it's just there as an 'added bonus', it doesn't really affect anything. But again, I have really poor vision which is part of why the 3D isn't one of the aspects of the 3DS that I favour.

That said, I'm sure I would enjoy the 3D if I actually had a 3DS of my own and the 'right' games that actually take advantage of the 3D rather than just have it there (games that come to mind are Resident Evil:Mercenaries 3D among others - the 3D is just there and the game could be thoroughly enjoyed without it).

Garo

Boy Wonder
You're right in your description, probably moreso than I in mine. I don't necessarily not enjoy the 3D though, it just seems like it was tacked on and Nintendo was like "Ohaiguiz, wehazda3Dssonaowecanwinzdisfitesamirite?". Well, it wasn't as much of a troll attempt as that sentence (fragment?) but for Nintendo to advertise it as a main selling point when what the people who purchased a 3DS for was the games just makes the 3D seem more and more like a gimmick. You know, it's just there as an 'added bonus', it doesn't really affect anything. But again, I have really poor vision which is part of why the 3D isn't one of the aspects of the 3DS that I favour.

That said, I'm sure I would enjoy the 3D if I actually had a 3DS of my own and the 'right' games that actually take advantage of the 3D rather than just have it there (games that come to mind are Resident Evil:Mercenaries 3D among others - the 3D is just there and the game could be thoroughly enjoyed without it).

I understand that. The system is still in its infancy, so I assume that developers will get better at 3D displays. It took a while for even Nintendo to really come into their own with the DS touch controls and the Wii motion controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom