• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Youtubers Out There?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Sup peeps, Random Person here.

So I got bored, and you all know what that means!
ellipsis
Time to bug the ZD-ers. Anybody out there got a youtube channel with uploaded videos? Feel like linking to it? Sharing some interesting stories about it, or just your experience on youtube? Respond!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightWakerofTime

I don't upload very often, but I do sometimes make videos of myself playing Zelda songs on harp or piano. A lot of them have come from entries in ZD's community music competition, haha. It's just... a little hobby of mine. ^^ And then there are the older videos I put up there of completely random things... and they're embarassing. So don't watch those. XD

One story I can share is about my last non-harp video, when one really popular YouTuber (zeldaxlove64) commented and brought my views WAY up. It was kind of amusing to see everyone comment on the video and reply to her, begging for responses and the like...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Speaking of YouTube, how easy do you folks think it is to "make it" I see Hottie here is already on the way to "making it" as she almost has 300 subs, has videos that generate VIEWS and are in a field that is somewhat specialized (music creation), and even got a big time YouTuber (zeldaxlove64 whom has over 2 million subs holy ****) to comment on one of her vids.

I used to be around that same stature, with over 150 subs and well over 500,000 video views. However, WMG decided to go copyright crazy back in...what, 2011?...and my old acc got suspended (I found out that WMG didn't even own the music they claimed, but I knew nothing of legal action back then aye). Nowadays, I find making it to be pretty tough without silly starburst thumbnails and huge text with tons of ?!!?!?!?. However, I do think that I can be smalltime by artificial extra tags. :D

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
http://www.youtube.com/user/xRaindrop14x

I don't upload stuff very often. I was on a bike riding uploading spree, but actually I deleted all those videos because they were kind of pointless, and I really just want my YouTube channel to be something of my musical works. I have no interesting stories to tell about my YouTube because I've only uploaded two crappy videos of music. :p

As far as regards Ven's question, I'm not very popular at all. :> I have two subs. XD But I could care less than a sack of potatoes, because I only do it for fun, and I don't really care if people watch my stuff or not.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Speaking of YouTube, how easy do you folks think it is to "make it" I see Hottie here is already on the way to "making it" as she almost has 300 subs, has videos that generate VIEWS and are in a field that is somewhat specialized (music creation), and even got a big time YouTuber (zeldaxlove64 whom has over 2 million subs holy ****) to comment on one of her vids.

I used to be around that same stature, with over 150 subs and well over 500,000 video views. However, WMG decided to go copyright crazy back in...what, 2011?...and my old acc got suspended (I found out that WMG didn't even own the music they claimed, but I knew nothing of legal action back then aye). Nowadays, I find making it to be pretty tough without silly starburst thumbnails and huge text with tons of ?!!?!?!?. However, I do think that I can be smalltime by artificial extra tags. :D

I don't know if I'd say its "easy" but there is a working formula that isn't too difficult to do. I was on my way to using said formula, but because of Personal decisions I had to take a detour and now said formula is almost out of reach for me. I've been told by people who have a really high subscriber count, or are getting subscribers really quickly despite just starting a youtube page, that the key is to be consistent. People aren't going to subscribe if you post once every four months as they won't see the point *glares at Random Person*. Even if you're going really slow with getting subs, consistency will keep your current audience coming back and it will eventually grow.

Here's my channel btw, http://www.youtube.com/user/RandomPerson21119

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/user/Krazy4Krash

I upload videos to submit in the gameplay/speedrun competitions on this site, most are unlisted. My relationship to YouTube is to watch people I'm interested in, is all. I never comment, advertise, or make any effort to put tags in my videos, etc. I don't expect views or subscribers given this nature. Perhaps I'll do some Super Smash Brothers content in the future.

I do LPs in a totally over saturated market, haha. My first one was Zero Mission, but my mic was pretty bad back then (about 10 months ago). I got a MUCH better mic a few episodes into my Metroid II playthrough, so all of the audio from there one is pretty sweet.

I've completed Zero Mission, Return of Samus, and Dead or Alive 5. Currently working on Metroid Prime and Game of Thrones, with a bit of Sonic Adventure 2 on the side just because. It's very difficult to record and upload on a super strict schedule though, because genius me decided to major in something very difficult and time consuming, so I'm struggling with that.

I've got around 40 subs, haha. I really do this just for fun though, so it's whatever. Started around January, so I have no clue if that's considered "good" or not. It's whatever I guess.

You'll love my voice, I guarantee it - https://www.youtube.com/user/Vergoagogo?feature=mhee

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom