• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Whovians Here?

Are there any whovians on this site? If there are, can I ask how did you like the last season? I thought it was the worst season so far but it's Doctor Who so it was still amazing! Thoughts?

Well, I just recently got into the series, and I must say I'm hooked. The show's atmosphere was reminiscent of Final Fantasy XII, which effectively blended old world elements with the new. I had no idea, and I was a total skeptic at first, but one episode proved to me that it is a great series. :yes:

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
OH ME! ME ME ME ME! Also just got into it but IT'S AWESOME. Fav episode is Blink, although I do have a perfectly rational hatred of all statues now. I screamed so loud when that freakin angel popped up. It scared the living bejesus out of me. But I still liked it. ;) Ah, Doctor Who. Makes you fear everything, from statues, to shadows, to Christmas trees.

Also...I LOVE DAVID TENNANT. BEST DOCTOR EVER.

tumblr_lpw3j4xgC51qkz9rl.gif
This is easily the most terrifying thing of ALL TIME.

Last edited:

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
I do love the Dr. Who! I think this Doctor is the best so far and have loved the series he's done so far. Though I have really loved every season since the reboot so that's not much to go on :P. I don't know how much I'd class my self as a "whovian" though as while I do love the show I doubt I love it any were near the level would expect someone with that title to love it (which I would put a wee bit under the amount I love Zelda ;) )

I love Dr Who! It's an amazing show. I thought this past season was pretty good, some episodes were weird and the recent christmas episode wasn't very good (minus the amazing ending) but this past season does have one of my favorite episodes ever (the doctors wife). The TARDIS put into a human for an episode? Heck yeah!

I've seen every episode since Dr 9. I'm really not feeling the dark direction of Who. Works for Zelda; does not work for Who.

Big fan of Doctor Who, and have been since the 9th Doctor just like snakeb0t. I think it's a great show. Very quirky, unusual, fun, and interesting. It's always cool seeing how the Doctor reacts to different things or what he does, and I like the crazy plot elements and solutions to situations. It's definitely fun to watch.

Matt Smith is actually my favorite Doctor, but really I've liked every successive Doctor more than the last without fail so far. I like Matt Smith's Doctor best because he's the most laugh out loud funny to me, but also the most outright bad***. He's brutal, and you seriously do not **** with him. :lol: It's a great mix of traits in my opinion. He's just fun and awesome to watch.

I'm really not feeling the dark direction of Who. Works for Zelda; does not work for Who.
Hm? I'm confused as to what you mean, both in relation to Zelda and Doctor Who. I guess the current season is a bit dark, but I'm not sure it's necessarily much more so than stories from previous Doctor Who seasons, like much of the 9th Doctor stuff, the stuff with The Master, and the death of the 10th Doctor.

Matt Smith is actually my favorite Doctor, but really I've liked every successive Doctor more than the last without fail so far. I like Matt Smith's Doctor best because he's the most laugh out loud funny to me, but also the most outright bad***. He's brutal, and you seriously do not **** with him. :lol: It's a great mix of traits in my opinion. He's just fun and awesome to watch.

Finally someone who isn't in love with David Tennant. He was a great Doctor, brilliant! But Matt is so zany and fun, he makes the slightest things like bow ties and fezzes cool. Also he has hyper trousers. Very similar to normal trousers but with the word hyper in front of them.

Ya, Matt's just a really fun guy. That's what I mean when I say he's fun and awesome to watch. Everything around him becomes fun.

Another bonus to Matt Smith and the current season in general is it's brought us probably the best Doctor Who villain since the Daleks (who admittedly cannot be beaten), the Silence. I can't get enough of the Sile- Yeah Matt Smith is really cool.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I adore doctor who! It's one of my favorite sci fi series ever. The storylines are always very compelling, and the aliens and other details present throughout never fail to draw me in. However, the last series, with Matt Smith as the doctor, was a slight dissapointment. It wasn't as dramatic, and didn't have the same...eh..."Boom" as the series before it, and definitely not as much "boom" as David Tennant's final series.

David Tennant is my favorite doctor ever, though I still like Matt Smith. He's funny and interesting, but he still doesn't live up to the awesomeness that was David Tennant, the calculating, charming and funny one before him.

Still, I am looking forward to the next series, and i'm dreading the end, which isn't far away now. The doctor can only regenerate 13 times (or is it 12?). And when he runs out of regenerations, he dies, and the series has to end! D: (unless they find a way around that, which they probably will).

My favorite aliens would have to be the Daleks. I especially liked the episodes involving the Cult of Skaro when they went to New York and...well, no spoilers here. :P

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I really need to watch more of the eleventh doctor's episodes. I've seen a few (THOSE ****ING WEEPING ANGELS! DEAR LORD!) but not many. Like I said, just got into it. Does anyone know a good starting point for me?

And uh...DIBS ON RORY :D

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, I'm a fan of Doctor Who, but I'm not sure if I could consider myself to be the biggest fan ever. Still, I do try to watch it when it comes on, and I enjoy talking about it with other people.

I love science fiction in general, and Doctor Who definitely has all the interesting features. Alien life forms, strange planets, near death experiences, time travel, futuristic tools and concepts, and more.

I remember the warlike Daleks that wanted to destroy everything, and the one Dalek that eventually died because it was exposed to human DNA and learned compassion, which killed it.

Another interesting episode was one about Nanites which reconstructed human beings into creatures with gas masks that were mindless and constantly asking for their mother, but eventually learned what human beings were supposed to look like and cured them.

I don't really have any concept yet of when these episodes take place, or which season they were in, but I did enjoy them regardless.

I really need to watch more of the eleventh doctor's episodes. I've seen a few (THOSE ****ING WEEPING ANGELS! DEAR LORD!) but not many. Like I said, just got into it. Does anyone know a good starting point for me?

And uh...DIBS ON RORY :D
Just start with the beginning of his episodes. There's only 2 seasons of him now anyway. Start with season 5 (episode 1 is "The Eleventh Hour") and work your way up.

Well, I'm a fan of Doctor Who, but I'm not sure if I could consider myself to be the biggest fan ever. Still, I do try to watch it when it comes on, and I enjoy talking about it with other people.

I love science fiction in general, and Doctor Who definitely has all the interesting features. Alien life forms, strange planets, near death experiences, time travel, futuristic tools and concepts, and more.

I remember the warlike Daleks that wanted to destroy everything, and the one Dalek that eventually died because it was exposed to human DNA and learned compassion, which killed it.

Another interesting episode was one about Nanites which reconstructed human beings into creatures with gas masks that were mindless and constantly asking for their mother, but eventually learned what human beings were supposed to look like and cured them.

I don't really have any concept yet of when these episodes take place, or which season they were in, but I did enjoy them regardless.

Both of those were in season 1 with Eccleston. Good times... good times...

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Ohboy. Well over the past few days I watched all of the Ninth's episodes, and I can say that he was SIMPLY FANTASTIC. Wow. This series has become my new obsession. Just finished the finale, and I'm actually bawling my eyes out as I type this. Maybe I'm overly emotional, (hey, I cried during "Father's Day") but THAT WAS SO SAD! It was just....just....WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'm an emotional wreck right now because I kinda love the Ninth Doctor...he's just so sassy. And he's a good dancer...and yeah...

DALEKS. I HATE THEM. IF THEY EXISTED I WOULD BLOW THEM TO SMITHEREENS.

Slitheens: awesome. but slightly awkward. you know, casual human, doing day to day stuff... *unzips forehead* NOPE! I'm really an ALIEN! ....it's like...uhm...okay then...

captain jack is a total bad*** and that's all there is to that. anyway, I'm not going to rant on and on forever so I shall conclude this post with:

Ninth Doctor, you were fantastic, but now IT'S TENNANT TIME.

I can't get enough of the Sile- Yeah Matt Smith is really cool.

I just realized what you did there. :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom