• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Roller Coaster Lovers Out There???

I am such a roller coaster freak. I love them. I've been to Cedar Point, King's Island, Disney World, Six Flags over Georgia, and Dollywood. My favorite has to be Cedar Point. My favorite roller coaster is Millennium Force at Cedar Point. So, are there any other roller coaster lovers out there besides me?

I am scared to death of rollercoasters and yet I constantly find myself riding them. I hope to go to Cedar Point some day since I honestly live in an adjacent state. I've had some experience with Six Flags here in the Chicago suburbs and the upside coasters make me feel like my head is falling down. An interesting topic, I'd like to ask rollercoaster fans therefore is whether they prefer larger drops or the thrill of going upside down.

Love the thrill of them,but sadly haven't been on many because I don't travel a lot. But my favorite is Flight Deck at Great America.

While I'm not the biggest fan of roller coasters out there, I am still partial to the thrill of these high-flying, speedy amusement park rides. I guess you could say that I'm kind of a thrill-seeker, and the adrenaline rush that comes with riding roller coasters provides a fix so to speak. So far, I have only been to Six Flags, and I had the privilege of riding nearly every roller coaster available. I rode the Batman ride [I forget the actual name] several times over; it was a blast. Although, there was the one time where I had to go to the bathroom really badly. lol There was one roller coaster in particular that had planned on riding, though. I forget the exact name, but I think it was a similar superhero-themed ride. However, this one goes straight into the air, and plummets back down backward (Superman something or other...).

Anyway, I can't afford to go barely anywhere these days (lol), but I also plan on going to Cedar Point at some point. It seems as if everyone I know and their grandmother has gone. I plan on riding the infamous Millennium Force and the Top Thrill Dragster while there, if ever given the chance.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I am without a doubt a roller coaster nerd and I always love to try new ones out. I have been to many amusement parks, such as Great Adventure (Six Flags), a Six Flags near Baltimore Dorney Park, Hersheypark, Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, VA), Universal Stuidos/Islands of Adventure Knobles, Kennywood, Cedar Point, and Disney World.I normally, like with most things, am not picky about what sort of roller coaster I ride (so long that it's not a lame-o cheaster, like that one at Niagra Falls.) I tend to favor smooth, steep-dropped rides over intense inversions, though I will ride any of them. Wooden or steel makes so difference to me. The tallest drop I've ever gone on with the 390-foot one of Millenium Force (Cedar Point) and the steepest angle i have done is Fahrenheit (Hershey Park). The Wild Cat in the same park, may be the oldest.

You need to come to Jersey and ride the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world. Kinda Ka. Also my favorite roller coaster is Dueling Dragons in Islands of adventure.

Beeker

Wild Card
(so long that it's not a lame-o cheaster
Hehe, that's the most amusing name I've seen for that ride. Honestly wish there were more, better ones, but I highly doubt that'll happen.XD

I haven't gone to many parks, but I LOVE roller coasters! The only parks I've been to are Marineland and Canada's Wonderland(though in a thread like this, the first one doesn't really count, as there's pretty much one roller coaster and RationalDove already summed it up. :P)
In fact, two days ago I went to Wonderland. Love all the coasters there! My favourites are the Backlot Stunt coaster(or the Italian Job ride if you went while there was still licensing from Paramount), Flight Deck(name was also changed, originally Top Gun) Behemoth, and I also have a new one to add to that list, Leviathan, the one that opened this year! Ohmygoodness, that ride was so amazing. <3

Seeing posts from you guys, as well as hearing from people in real life, Cedar Point sounds so amazing and awesome! I want to go down there so badly, but can't... It seems like one of those parks which is great for roller coasters(if not the best), especially for ones like Behemoth and Leviathan that focus on aspects like height and speed. And to be honest, though I am perfectly fine with an 80 degree drop, I shiver at the idea of shooting straight up like on Top Thrill Dragster. x.x

I love roller coasters. Been on quite a few, but my favorite is the one at the New York hotel in Las Vegas. Not the craziest roller coaster by all means, but it's really cool to ride it at night and you get to see all the lights and scenery from the Las Vegas strip.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Millenium Force at Cedar Point is also my favorite roller coaster. :) I also liked Top Thrill Dragster, but it was too short. I am a fan of the Beast at Kings Island too. That's an old school wooden coaster that shakes the shat out of you though. First time I rode it (around 8 or so) I got a migraine. Fact! I HATED the Son of Beast, and apparently many others did too, bc they closed it down. I thought I was going to die on that thing. I kept slipping out and then finally the bar came down so hard on my thighs after the loop, I had bruises. Not a fun one lol

I haven't been to an amusement park or other place that would have a roller coaster in years. I've never cared for them though. The constant jerky motions are uncomfortable and make me want to throw up. I learned to avoid going on them if I wanted to keep my lunch down and enjoy the rest of the day. Maybe I'm just not going on the ''right'' roller coasters?

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I haven't been to an amusement park or other place that would have a roller coaster in years. I've never cared for them though. The constant jerky motions are uncomfortable and make me want to throw up. I learned to avoid going on them if I wanted to keep my lunch down and enjoy the rest of the day. Maybe I'm just not going on the ''right'' roller coasters?

I can't spin in circles or I throw up. I get car sick and sea sick on boats as well. The roller coasters that are known for speed and height don't bother me at all. If there are a ton of loops, or any ride that goes in circles I get sick. In fact, I can't even watch those types of rides. You might try a smoother steel coaster over the wooden ones...they can be rough- lol.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Agh! I don't like roller coasters at all! Every time i'm coaxed to go on one I end up running and hiding or going on a smaller, less evil ride. Thing is, it's not the height or the speed that scares me, it's how rickety they seem and how easily everything can go wrong and it'll be Final Destination 3 all over again! I've seen some roller coasters were there aren't even carts, and your legs hang freely as you're strapped into a chair/brace and just flung around the track! Truly terrifying D:

Though, I probably will at least try to go on one at my next theme park visit. I mean, no point being scared all the time. I should give it a go and see what happens, and if I die, I can happily say "I told you so!" as i'm falling to my death xP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom