• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Any of you hoping that the switch has a good internet browser?

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
This may seem kind of weird but i really want the switch to have a good internet browser mostly because i dont want to have to pull out my phone while playing a game. The wii u had a great internet browser so i hope they carry it over. Anyone else want this?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nah i couldn't care less tbh. Bought thr GAME console for GAMES, not to browse the Internet like some kinda nerd lmao

Night Owl

~Momentai
I never used the web browser on my game consoles for much. If I needed to look something up I usually just used my phone since I have it there with me. I didn't care for the latency of loading the browser from within the game, the 3-5 seconds between hitting the home button and opening the browser just felt slow when I want answers now.
The browse alsor never felt as powerful as the one on my phone either, pages never seemed to load quite correctly.

At this point, I really couldn't care less whether or not the switch has a browser, I likely wouldn't use it much even if it did.

Maybe
I tried the WiiU browser and it was not all that good. Much too much lag and the user esperience was not all that good. Apple is really king of the touch screen browser hill.
If the Switch browser is really good I might use it though.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't use the browsers on consoles so I wouldn't even really notice if there wasn't one at all to be honest. It's much easier to just use my phone or laptop when I want to use the Internet.

Mido

Version 1
If anything, I'm assuming that the Switch's browser will be similar to the Wii U's. If so, it's no problem for me. I only sometimes used the browser, and it was mainly used for YouTube since the app on the U didn't work very well for me.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I only used the Wii U's browser sparingly, so I don't think I would miss it. However, it would be nice to have, because I did use it on occasion, when I was stuck on a level or something. It was just more convenient than getting on my ipad or something.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Nope, not at all. If I'm playing a game and I need to look something up, I don't want to exit the game to go looking through the system's browser. I'd rather just pause it and look it up on my iPod or something. It's way easier to just do that imo. I only ever used my 3DS's internet browser a small handful of times when I first got one, haven't touched it in years. It wasn't a very good browser. That's the only internet browser on a game system I have experience with, though.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Couldn't care less if it has a browser at all, honestly. I used the YouTube app on occasion, but even that was sparing. They could dump browsers entirely unless it has extension capabilities. Which they never have. So eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom