• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Any more HW characters?

I'm a little confused about this "definitive edition" of HW that's coming out soon. I get that it's basically the legends stuff and all dlc added. But is there actually any new content?

I looked up the definitive edition, and it said there will be a total of 29 warriors. But.. there already is a total of 29 warriors. Will there be any new characters? Or have they just not been announced yet?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm a little confused about this "definitive edition" of HW that's coming out soon. I get that it's basically the legends stuff and all dlc added. But is there actually any new content?

I looked up the definitive edition, and it said there will be a total of 29 warriors. But.. there already is a total of 29 warriors. Will there be any new characters? Or have they just not been announced yet?
It's just the best of both editions. You got all characters from both the game and DLC as all maps and outfits, weapons etc. There isn't anything new except the Boss rush pack being included in it again (as it was left out in Legends).
New things:
- Graphics being a bit spiced up (less darker).
- All maps are unlocked and you don't have to finish one map to unlock the next map.
- Most characters you had to unlock are playable.
- My Fairy changed a bit.
- When you get one item card, you unlock a store in which you can buy item cards (but you have to get one first before it's available at the store).
- Guarantee material drops in some levels ( no more endless grinding to get some gold or silver materials).

That sums it up so far. There aren't plans to release new characters or add new maps but you never know. Nintendo is very good at milking things endlessly.

It's just the best of both editions. You got all characters from both the game and DLC as all maps and outfits, weapons etc. There isn't anything new except the Boss rush pack being included in it again (as it was left out in Legends).
New things:
- Graphics being a bit spiced up (less darker).
- All maps are unlocked and you don't have to finish one map to unlock the next map.
- Most characters you had to unlock are playable.
- My Fairy changed a bit.
- When you get one item card, you unlock a store in which you can buy item cards (but you have to get one first before it's available at the store).
- Guarantee material drops in some levels ( no more endless grinding to get some gold or silver materials).

That sums it up so far. There aren't plans to release new characters or add new maps but you never know. Nintendo is very good at milking things endlessly.

Thankyou for your informative post :)

There are BotW costumes for Link and Zelda included as well. Personally I'm hoping in the future we get a BotW DLC pack that includes all 4 champions as playable characters, but... who knows as of now.

I downloaded everything that's available onto the Wii U version, as that's the one I'm playing, I just find it odd that you can't get the Linkle and WW scenarios, yet you can get the characters.

It would be nice if you could transfer save data to the DE, but I doubt it :(

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I downloaded everything that's available onto the Wii U version, as that's the one I'm playing, I just find it odd that you can't get the Linkle and WW scenarios, yet you can get the characters.

It would be nice if you could transfer save data to the DE, but I doubt it :(
Hyrule Legends was made for the 3DS and they excluded all new maps and stories to the 3DS only. Even if you purchased all DLC with the code for wiiu, you only get to characters and outfits and weapons. A missed change in my opinion to be honest. They try to solve this with the Switch version.

My best guess from what I've read is no new content. It's just everything in the WiiU and 3DS versions all on one Switch cart as well as some balance changes. I'm hoping the balance changes fix some of the big flaws in Hyrule Warriors but who knows. I guess time will tell.

But Nintendo said all their 1st/2nd party ports should have at least a little new content. ANd so far they have. Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Pokken, Bayonetta 1/2 - all these ports do have at least a little new content. So we chall see if Hyrule Warriors follwos suit or not.

I take it that Beast Ganon and Cuckoo are included too? Taking the total up to 31 warriors.

They should add 9 more, to make it to 40 warriors, and stop there.

My picks for the last 9:
- Revali
- Urbosa
- Makar
- Saria
- Groose
- Linebeck
- Vaati
- Hilda
- Twinrova

I missed out Mipha and Daruk because I feel they would be too similar to Ruto and Darunia.

Other than this, I feel that these are the most important characters yet to appear - apart from Ezlo, but they should add him as a weapon for toon link. Also, young link should get the deku mask, goron mask, and zora mask as weapons. And Ganondorf should get an Agahnim cloak as a weapon, and possibly Demise as a costume?

Ok I'll stop there lol

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Beast Ganon and Cuccoo aren't exactly warriors. They're only playable in challenge mode but even though you can level Beast Ganon up you can't play like them in any other level of the game and they don't have weapons or badges. And they don't appear on the warriors list. So even with them being playable, the slots still go to 29.

Beast Ganon and Cuccoo aren't exactly warriors. They're only playable in challenge mode but even though you can level Beast Ganon up you can't play like them in any other level of the game and they don't have weapons or badges. And they don't appear on the warriors list. So even with them being playable, the slots still go to 29.

Ah I see. In that case, Mipha and Daruk can take their place on my wish list then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom