• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Monster Hunter Players Here?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
YES. I love the Monster Hunter games. The first one I ever played was Freedom Unite for the PSP. It was a lot of fun. I no longer own it, though. I have Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, and I had Tri Ultimate for the 3DS, but it was unfortunately one of the few games that was lost when my old SD card somehow got wiped. I made it so far in that one, too. Almost made it to the Ivory Lagiacrus. In the Wii version, I couldn't even beat the first Lagiacrus battle. I really want Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the 3DS.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I played the heck out of it. Was around HR 750 in MH3. Im around HR 400 in MH3U

As for upcoming MH4, i just wished it was on Wii U instead of 3DS. I would even be satisfied if it was on the vita, at least thats analog instead of slidepad.

Now i have to purchace that gimmicky second slidepad. I know it has a lock on feature but i still play it the old fasion way. Also doubt that the 3DS can handle all that abuse. I mean with my first 3DS, the slidepad cover came of by playing alot of MK7. And recently with Smash, the slidepad cover coming of or breaking the whole slidepad has become quite frequent.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Now i have to purchace that gimmicky second slidepad. I know it has a lock on feature but i still play it the old fasion way. Also doubt that the 3DS can handle all that abuse. I mean with my first 3DS, the slidepad cover came of by playing alot of MK7. And recently with Smash, the slidepad cover coming of or breaking the whole slidepad has become quite frequent.

I don't know if the controls for MH4U will be different from those for MH3U, but it played just fine on the 3DS without the second slidepad (actually, I'm not even sure what that is lol). Is it really necessary to get one?

Also, I know what you mean about the pad slipping off. Happened to me on my old 3DS. Sucks. xD

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I don't know if the controls for MH4U will be different from those for MH3U, but it played just fine on the 3DS without the second slidepad (actually, I'm not even sure what that is lol). Is it really necessary to get one?

No its optional. Its just camera control. Lock on was introduced in MH3U so it could work on 3ds without camera control. Since Wii u version is basicly a port, it also has the lock on feature. Constantly focusing on the monster is not my thing.

Oh and i was talking about the circle pad pro add-on
136641323334.jpg

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
No its optional. Its just camera control. Lock on was introduced in MH3U so it could work on 3ds without camera control. Since Wii u version is basicly a port, it also has the lock on feature. Constantly focusing on the monster is not my thing.

Oh and i was talking about the circle pad pro add-on
136641323334.jpg

Oh, that thing. I see. I just used the lock on and I was fine with that, so I guess its just a matter of play style then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom