• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Megaman Fan in Here?

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Megaman is one of my favourite sagas
Reasons? Challenging, great music, awesome levels, cool characters, one of the best action games ever made

So...
-What is your favourite Megaman game? Can be regular, X, Zero, BN, ZX, Legends or SF series xD
-Who's your favourite character?
-Favourite Maverick/robot master
-Are you waiting (like I do...) for Megaman X9?

I'm a huge Megaman 64 fan. I really love that game.
I don't really have a favorite character.

I saw in the WiiWare catalog Megaman 10, is it good?

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I have Megaman 1,2,3,4 and 6 for NES and I still love them. I liked Megaman X, but I nnot really a fan of Battle Networks.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
The only one I have is Megaman II for my Virtual Console and it's good! Only thing is Megaman can't really jump and get good lift. Quick question: is each stage a boss and then at the end you challenge the head honcho?

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
I'm a huge Megaman 64 fan. I really love that game.
I don't really have a favorite character.

I saw in the WiiWare catalog Megaman 10, is it good?

Yes Megaman 10 is great, you should really try it :D
It feels just like the older megaman games, the challenges are cool (specially since you can fight the bosses without having to clear their stages) and it is a solid platform/action game

Not to mention it has an easy difficulty for newcomers and a hard one for the hardcore fans xD

@LolGames4U

Yeah, every stage represents a robot master, its tradition to megaman games :)
When you defeat them all you go to the wily stages, you must pass through some more stages with bosses and at the final level you fight Wily
I recommend you to also try Megaman 3, it's as good as megaman 2 (if not better)

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion; I still have a bunch of unused Wii Points that I should use up. I'm going to get Donkey Kong Country and Megaman 3. Maybe the first 3 Super Mario Bros. games if I don't feel like playing them on Super Mario All-Stars because I put my NES away.

I've been a really big Mega Man fan for a long time, actually. I've been into all of the Mega Man series, including odd ones like Legends or Battle Network, but alas there are many games (especially in the Classic series and ones after X) that I have not played.

My favorite game is probably Mega Man X4. Sure, the voice-acting is terrible, but it's so bad it's actually pretty awesome. :bleh: And the gameplay is great. Zero was an awesome addition (and funner in this game than he was in any subsequent ones, including his weapon selection). Best overall X series game in my opinion, and the X games are my favorites.

Legends is also REALLY good. Both Legends 1 and 2, though I haven't played Misadventures of Tron Bonne yet. But great story, and very interesting gameplay that's awesomely Zelda-like. Also, the original legends legitimately spooks me. Lake Jyun was really scary. Eagerly awaiting the new Legends game on the 3DS.

In answer to your X9 question though, I'd actually say absolutely not. The series was supposed to end as X5, and you can tell. The secret ending where X is brainwashed by Wily is the perfect setup for the Zero games, but Capcom wouldn't let them end it so they had to add onto the story. Now the whole New Generation Reploid thing from X8 seems to be what's supposed to lead into Zero, and it's way less impressive. :( If they add onto it more, I think they'll just ruin the story more. What I think they should do is start a new series, very similar to X maybe, which could be a sidestory, or not. Doesn't really matter which (although I think sidestories not connected to the same universe is a good idea. You know, stop with the whole Classic -> X -> Zero -> ZX thing. It's long enough now. :P )

And also, music is awesome. I have a lot of favorites from the series. Such as:
Launch Octopus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDiy_a53mMI
Jakob: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnSQItdHIfM

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Love Mega Man, although I haven't played them all. I wish I could have gotten the X series when it was around (or Nintendo could hook me up through VC ;D) but the only X game I own is X6 (unless you would count the Zero games or ZX), and my brother and I really enjoyed it and I heard it was sub-par compared to 1-5 so I always wanted to give those a try.

I also wish I would have gotten more into the BN games, but sadly I only own the first one, and found it difficult as a kid, but now it's pretty easy. The ones after it look much better though.

The only series I played all the way through was SF oddly, but I love those games xD

I've played through and beat MM 1, 9, and 10 of the classic, but the others I just don't have enough points for xD Oh an Legends looks good as well, but never got a chance to get that either xD

So in short, I've loved what I have played, but it sounds like I was deprived of some of the gems of the series.

Love Mega Man, although I haven't played them all. I wish I could have gotten the X series when it was around (or Nintendo could hook me up through VC ;D) but the only X game I own is X6 (unless you would count the Zero games or ZX), and my brother and I really enjoyed it and I heard it was sub-par compared to 1-5 so I always wanted to give those a try.

I also wish I would have gotten more into the BN games, but sadly I only own the first one, and found it difficult as a kid, but now it's pretty easy. The ones after it look much better though.

The only series I played all the way through was SF oddly, but I love those games xD

I've played through and beat MM 1, 9, and 10 of the classic, but the others I just don't have enough points for xD Oh an Legends looks good as well, but never got a chance to get that either xD

So in short, I've loved what I have played, but it sounds like I was deprived of some of the gems of the series.
You can get pretty much all of the classic games on Mega Man Anniversary Collection, which is available for multiple consoles, including GameCube (and I THINK PS2?). And you can get the pre-PS2 X games in Mega Man X Collection on the PS2, as well. In fact, in some ways these are the ideal ways to get the games because they have bonus games that are not available outside of Japan any other way. The Anniversary collection has the Mega Man arcade games, and I think it has Rockboard. X Collection has Battle & Chase, which was an N64 kart racing Mega Man game. :bleh:

There was also a Mega Man Zero collection on the DS as well, I think, but as far as I know it has no special bonuses other than the 4 Zero games.

I don't have any of these collections myself (yet) but they seem like the ideal way to experience the series IMO.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I'll have to check out that collectors disk you mentioned, and I got the Zero Collection for DS. The only real difference I see from it and the GBA games is that it has an easy mode (start with basically all boosts from the start of the game and play through each of the four games straight through) and it has a gallary. I owned none of the GBA games and decided to pick it up. I'd say it was worth It in the end.

Jedizora

:right:
The only one I play is mega man 2. I got it for the Ipod touch, and Even on easy Its hard. I only have 2 robot masters leaft. Air man and heat man. Can anyone tell me there weaknesses?

Djinn

and Tonic
I have been a Mega Man fan since the original series and over the years I have collected Mega Man 1, 2, 3, Mega Man X 1, 3 and 4. And I also grabbed Megaman and Megaman X collections when they were released on PS2 years ago. Although I think the original series started loosing quality around Megaman 7 and 8, with the X series in 6 and 7.

I have played Zero and the first Legends but not much else of the series. And I have not played any of the .exe series or Mega Man 10. But I did like how they went completely retro with the game. Including the terrible 80's style art. I thought Powered Up was a great update to the series and wished that continued, but it looks like Capcom has decided not to continue it. Although they are releasing Legends 3.

My favorite game is still Mega Man 2, and favorite robot master is Metal Man. Even though I know that game so well that I can run straight through it easily now, I keep replaying it.

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
I LOVE Mega Man! My favorite character is easily Zero. I actually liked Mega Man X1, or 3 the best. My favorite power-up is the hard knuckle, from 3 because it is EXTREMELY powerful. My favorite master is probably, Star Man from 5 because the low gravity makes the battle unique. Gravity Man's battle is unique too, but annoying. I also hate the stupid fight against airman. That fight always got me once Haha!

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
The only one I play is mega man 2. I got it for the Ipod touch, and Even on easy Its hard. I only have 2 robot masters leaft. Air man and heat man. Can anyone tell me there weaknesses?

Heatman is weak against bubble lead (bubbleman's weapon) and airman against leaf shield (woodman's)

About what other people say, yeah, classic series lost their quality on 7 and (specially) 8, but 9 and 10 are really good and stand up to the past games (1 through 6)
Legends is really good, but it is treated harshly by the critics due to its 3d gamestyle, 1 was like an experiment, and many fans lost faith in what capcom did with the legends series, neverthless it's really good. Legends 2 made the formula better and the difference is really noticeable as legends 2 is an excellent game.
The Megaman Zero Collection on DS has no real bonus features like the other collections, it has artworks and an easy mode but nothing as remarkable as the bonus games added on the classic and X collections
And if you didn't know already, Megaman X is already on Wii's Virtual Console for those who haven't played it (I sound like a publicist or something but that game is worth it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom