• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Majora's mask tips?

Hero of Twilight

I love Zelda, what more can I say?
Hi!
I just got Majora's Mask 3D today and so far I'm loving it. I was wondering if there is anything that you recommend for me to do early on that will help me alot. I'm at the point where I have first gotten into the Deku Palace. I have the song of time, song of healing, the inverted song of time, (I played it and got it and I'm not sure if something would have taught me it), and the song of soaring

Thanks!

Edit: I now have the double song of time and the bunny hood.

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Yeah, play the N64 version instead :D.

No but seriously at this point in the game you should be fine. If I had to suggest things to get I’d say get the great fairy mask (it helps with the stray fairies in dungeons, something you’re definitely going to want to collect to get the full experience IMO) and either the bomb bag in shop or the blast mask. Also make an effort to collect every mask in the game, as not only does it let you play as the fierce deity, but certain scenes on the credit sequence are locked behind their respective masks.

This is possible spoilers for the end game but I think it's good to know still

Beat the final boss with and without the final deity mask. Why? It's almost like two different ways to fight the final boss. Very different ways. It's nice to experience both.

Also early on, be prepared to do side quests and go heart piece collecting. This game is like 80% side quests and 20% dungeons.

Also for the dungeons, use the inverted song of time ASAP on day one then race to the dungeon. Why? Because you'll need all the time you can get. I can barely beat the dungeons withoun the slowed down 3 day time limit.

@Hero of Twilight Do you even care about spoilers?

Hero of Twilight

This is possible spoilers for the end game but I think it's good to know still

Beat the final boss with and without the final deity mask. Why? It's almost like two different ways to fight the final boss. Very different ways. It's nice to experience both.

Also early on, be prepared to do side quests and go heart piece collecting. This game is like 80% side quests and 20% dungeons.

Also for the dungeons, use the inverted song of time ASAP on day one then race to the dungeon. Why? Because you'll need all the time you can get. I can barely beat the dungeons withoun the slowed down 3 day time limit.

@Hero of Twilight Do you even care about spoilers?
Well I do kinda know what happens at the end but not really anything else so I'm gonna try stay away from any other spoilers.

Yeah, play the N64 version instead :D.

No but seriously at this point in the game you should be fine. If I had to suggest things to get I’d say get the great fairy mask (it helps with the stray fairies in dungeons, something you’re definitely going to want to collect to get the full experience IMO) and either the bomb bag in shop or the blast mask. Also make an effort to collect every mask in the game, as not only does it let you play as the fierce deity, but certain scenes on the credit sequence are locked behind their respective masks.
Oh yeah I got the great fairy mask too. From the start I was planning to get all the masks to be fierce Deity in the final battle against Majora anyway.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Ah, my favorite game! I've got many things I could tell you, but it's easier if you just ask XD

I'll give you this though, as it can be a bit difficult to find yourself: If you go back to the Astral Observatory and use the telescope again, you cansee the Business Scrub from town flying around. If you look at him and follow him long enough, you'll see that he goes into a hole in the ground outside the observatory. If you then go there you'll find him inside (if you don't look in the telescope, it will be empty). He'll be a bit mad that you found his hideout and wants to buy your silence with a Piece of Heart for 150 rupees. Say no! He'll then drop the price to 100, and now you say yes (since he'll just leave otherwise) ^^

Hero of Twilight

Ah, my favorite game! I've got many things I could tell you, but it's easier if you just ask XD

I'll give you this though, as it can be a bit difficult to find yourself: If you go back to the Astral Observatory and use the telescope again, you cansee the Business Scrub from town flying around. If you look at him and follow him long enough, you'll see that he goes into a hole in the ground outside the observatory. If you then go there you'll find him inside (if you don't look in the telescope, it will be empty). He'll be a bit mad that you found his hideout and wants to buy your silence with a Piece of Heart for 150 rupees. Say no! He'll then drop the price to 100, and now you say yes (since he'll just leave otherwise) ^^
Oh cool, what day does it have to be?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Never just quit your game if you’ve loaded from an owl statue. Always go back to an owl statue, or play the song of time to save and go back to day 1.

Make sure to keep depositing your Rupees at the bank. There’s more than 1 prize to be gotten.

If the Deku scrub mini-game is giving you too much trouble, it might be a good idea to wait until you have an upgraded wallet to run all 3 so you have a good supply of Rupees which gives you more attempts.

If you need quick Rupees, defeat the Takkuri flying around near the entrance to Milk Road (the path to Romani Ranch), grab the silver and purple Rupees from the Clock Town chests, or go defeat some dodongos rather than dip into your bank funds for easy to get big Rupee values.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Don't feel like you have to do everything at once the first time. If you're feeling overwhelmed, stick to the main quest and save the side quests for later. You can spend that time observing the schedule anyway to get the hang of how things play out. There's a lot you can't do without certain items and masks, which you can only get by clearing the dungeons anyway.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
In Termina Field n the way to Romani Ranch is a Takuri bird this thing WILL thieve anything and everything it can from you, including yer sword, the items will be found in the Curiosity shop the next night, HOWEVER killing the bird nets an orange rupee, Goron is good for this early on.

First thing I do is play the inverted song of time to slow time down and then wear the bunny hood to do things quicker.

I suck Royal at the game though so I don't really have any tips, I 100% completed the game by accident so... Yeah.

Also if you snag the land title deed from the business scrub, you can give it to the hand in the toilet for a reward. Also also, as you play through, try winning different minigames on different days, or across all three days. Not sure if they changed those in the remake, but some of them have different rewards for different days. Also, the Maze Game in clock town has different mazes and rewards for different Forms, with the Goron Link yielding a Piece of Heart cause the girl who runs it has a thing for them.

In Termina Field n the way to Romani Ranch is a Takuri bird this thing WILL thieve anything and everything it can from you, including yer sword, the items will be found in the Curiosity shop the next night, HOWEVER killing the bird nets an orange rupee, Goron is good for this early on.
If the bird swipes something important, playing the Song of Time will get it back for you though if you don't wanna mess around.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
My favorite video game of all time.

I'm going to say enjoy the game as it comes, pay attention to your Bomber's Handbook, and see side-quests through to completion.

Otherwise, have fun.

Once you get the last mask, there's a fun little glitch I can show you that even works on the 3DS version of the game. ;)

areasell

Twilight Princess Master
A tip for the water temple boss

You will die in the 2nd phase of Gyorg way too many times. Remember to take breaks when you get too ticked off, cause it will happen. We all fail during the 2nd phase, trust me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom