• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any LoZ Mangas You Liked Better Than the Game?

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
The title says it all. Is there any Legend of Zelda manga that you liked better than the game it was based on? Of course, a lot of people probably would agree that most of the manga, although somewhat good, are inferior to the game it is based on. I feel that way with most of the manga, including Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass, and Wind Waker.

However, I do like the Oracle of Seasons and Ages mangas better than the games they were based on. They expanded more on the characters, and had the villains do more. But what are your thoughts?

Big Octo

=^)
The end of the OoT Manga could have been much better. I mean, I think we were all waiting on a closing kiss, which never happened. :mad:

BloodKnight88

bringer of despair
so far i've only read the a Link to the Past comic that was in Nintendo power, it kind of sucked, i mean they left out like half the maidens, only Zelda and two others appeared.also Zelda kills ganon? wtf? that isn't right, but it was interesting to see her get revenge for being kidnapped, lol .also Ganons castle didn't look anywhere near correct.. also Ganondorf himself just looked like some caveman or something. though his Ganon for looked more like his game appearance. also link himself was to me, presented as sort of a doofus at the start. but it was nice to see him interact with his family. it also presented some interesting forms of travel like the glider and hot air balloon, i'd like to see those eventually. all in all it was inferior to the game. too short and left a lot of the events of the game out, but if not being compared to the game. it isn't TOO bad. but i'm betting the actual manga of ALTTP will be better

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Personally, I found ALttP manga (not the comic) to be better than ALttP. I really liked the extra characters the manga produced, but I hated the way the Silver Arrow was obtained and used. There are some other points in the manga that could've been touched upon and/or revised, but beyond that I found the Manga > Game for the most part.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I think that the Oracles mangas were better-done than the games, storywise, anyway. The games were fun for their gimmicks, such as the linking between the games, but the mangas played with the story in a way the games didn't and probably couldn't. I don't think the games would have worked so well with "Link goes through character-development traveling in the caravan with Din" on the GBA's limited battery life, so the manga covered that. Then there's Raven - having played the games and read the manga, I miss having him in the Ages game because he was awesome and served as Link's own link to the past.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have read only the oot manga so far and I think although certain story aspects are better I enjoyed the game far more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom