• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Harvest Moon Fans Out There?

linkman8

True and Noble
Don't worry, there are still people out there who play Harvest Moon. I still play various Harvest Moon games when my sister hands them to me and says "Play it, it's awesome." :D
So I've played a lot of the more recent Harvest Moon: Rune Factory games, both on Wii and DS. They've been good fun, and I truly appreciate the art style.

I've played a few Harvest Moon games and I must say that I do enjoy them quite a bit. I only have, like, a few from the main series--Harvest Moon DS, Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness, Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility, and I got A Wonderful Life for Christmas last year. Um, I think I enjoy playing the Rune Factory spin-offs a bit more, though. They're almost like a mix between Harvest Moon and Legend of Zelda... well, sort of. I actually have all of those--except Rune Factory Oceans, which I don't even think is released in North America, yet.

If you want a bit of 'story time', then read the following paragraph:
I remember the first reason I ever purchased my first Harvest Moon game--Harvest Moon DS--was because it was a game that had my favorite animal, sheep, in it. I remember I got my first sheep in that file in Summer 27, if I can remember correctly and went through a rough Winter in fear that my fodder barn would collapse. xD Then in year 5 (by this time, I had a stone barn), I was very picky on when to save because Tina (that was my sheep's name) was due to die and I kept on resetting to avoid that. One day, it became unavoidable, so I saved--but then quickly changed my mind about it, so I shut off the power. And, well, the game got erased... I only had rescued about maybe 60 Harvest Sprites, but I was devastated... So, I started a new file, named my character, dog, cat, and farm the same thing--and once again got Tina on the same day, with the fodder barn and put it in the same spot for the first Winter until I got enough material stone for a new barn. So... that's quite a story... (Moral: never turn the power off when a game is saving... the warnings don't lie!)

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I love Harvest Moon! I started Animal Parade a while ago but got distracted when Christmas came around, but Island of Happiness and A Wonderful Life are awesome! I married Elliot in IoH (but really wanted Vaughn!)!

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Cool! I have Isalnd of Happiness(i think) and I want to marry vaughn :sweat: ^^ anyways I also have another wonderful life and I went through A LOT to get it.

linkman8

True and Noble
I initially, as my first Harvest Moon game, had A Wonderful Life, which was fun at first, but got really boring really quickly. I think the part that got me about that game that made me give it up was the fact the amount of time you had to spend per chapter exponentially increased each chapter you completed. So the first chapter was one year. Not too bad. Second chapter was two years. Err, ok. Third chapter is three years. Ok, I've definitely seen this all before, and three years is a lot of time to be doing the same stuff over and over again. -__-

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Your certainly not Medli!

Tim got me into harvest moon a couple of years ago, and it's just one of the purest form, and most addicting, form of fun you can have.

I started off with A Wonderful Life too, and didn't get too far. I still enjoyed it despite it being a very soft introduction to what is often a rather complex series. I really enjoy taking care of animals, so really? I didn't feel like I was missing out on much.

Friends of Mineral Town however, was the first time I ever felt addict to Harvest Moon. I loved the music, I loved the gameplay, and I played it for weeks on end until I was to be married... and then dropped it. ; o;'

Next exposure to the series was Harvest Moon DS. My boyfriend says it's one of his least favorite because of some not-fun glitches, but apparently it doesn't affect all carts, so maybe mine didn't have anything wrong with it. 8D; Thought it was interesting, and it helped me get into the flow of what I thought was an impossibly fast clock in FoMT.

Tree of Tranquility killed about a month of my summer last year. SO FUN. I hear animal parade is better, and I wish I could play because duh.. animals, but ToT was a really good game, despite the load times.

I got Sunshine island for Easter, and have played it a little bit. <3 Seems like a much more complicated growing system than I'm use to, but so far it's been fun. didn't hook me like FoMT did.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I initially, as my first Harvest Moon game, had A Wonderful Life, which was fun at first, but got really boring really quickly. I think the part that got me about that game that made me give it up was the fact the amount of time you had to spend per chapter exponentially increased each chapter you completed. So the first chapter was one year. Not too bad. Second chapter was two years. Err, ok. Third chapter is three years. Ok, I've definitely seen this all before, and three years is a lot of time to be doing the same stuff over and over again. -__-
That is what harvest moon is if story is what you play for AP is a good one and 64 is a bad one since the story in 64 is don't suck.

I'm glad a thread for this exists, though it seems to be fairly inactive now.

I personally love the Harvest Moon games. Years ago [ten years?] my dad downloaded a ton of SNES games through a ROM program, one being the first(?) game. I enjoyed it so much, even though the days were repetitive at times. I'd been so proud of having a successful farm, a wife, one kid and another on the way that I told my parents about it all the time. Heck, instead of the "babies don't come from storks" talk they gave me the "babies don't come from feeding your wife a cake, an uncooked egg and a jug of milk everyday" talk.

Some years passed, I got more into other forms of gaming, but still had the fond memories. Two or three years ago I was given AWL for my birthday and spent three solid days playing it, only stopping to eat, sleep a few hours, and use the restroom. It still had mundane days, but for the most part there was enough to do that I couldn't stop willingly. I grew very attached to the characters, the character who died and the one who lived past them still makes me sad. Marriagewise I didn't have much difficulty picking a wife, Nami was a challenge, Muffy was the last resort, Lumina is achievable but I felt creepy since they have a 6 year age difference roughly, so Celia was my default pick. I played through at least the first couple years with the older 3 and can honestly say marrying Muffy was my biggest regret.

I tried playing Save the Homeland but didn't really enjoy it, it felt too short. Granted I gave up pretty quickly, so don't take my word for it.

Harvest Moon has a special place in my heart probably forever, my fiance proposed to me publicly by offering me a blue feather.

HyrulePug

You're meeting all of my standards!
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade is my favorite game EVER! I have gotten so far in it, I'm in my third year! I LOVE Harvest Moon!

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I'd have to say that Harvest Moon 2 for the GBC and Tree of Tranquility for Wii are my top 2 favorites. I want to get HM2 for my 3DS but I lack the $4-5 I need.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I play a few Harvest moon games. I like the one on the ps2. Also the 3ds new beginning game. It is fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom