• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Closet Gamers?

Austin

Austin
Is there a game that you really like to play, but you don't brag about it and/or try to keep it a secret? It doesn't even have to be gaming-relevant.

For example, I'm a big Pokemon fan. I've been pokemon fan little shorter then I am a LoZ fan. I tell no one that I'm a pokemon fan! I'm a legal adult and I'm embarrassed about it, but at the same time I enjoy the games a lot. I will add, that I don't play all the games. Just the hand held ones (the ones that you are able to capture/train pokemon). Playing pokemon brings me back to a simpler/easier time for me. So when I play the games, they're a nice escape/relaxation for me.

I've beaten every generation, tracing back to the original blue/red/yellow all the way to Platinum. I'm extremely excited for soul silver and heart gold. Hopefully, like the previous Silver/Gold, they'll allow you to play in the Kanto region as well.

The thing that really catches my eye is the pokemon following you. It's not the first time, with Pokemon Yellow being the first, and the newest generation you could have it done in the park only. SS/HG seem to have it wherever you go. Which I personally think will be fun.!

Last edited by a moderator:
No one was ever really conscious of this, but I am a huge fan of Electroplankton. In particular I prefer Luminarrow, Beatnes, Lumiloop, Hanenbow, and Trapy. For those of you who don't know, Electroplankton is a music game that requires no sense of rhythm. You just use your stylus to interact with the electroplankton and they make music. I find Toshio Iwai's doodles in the instruction manual to be very pleasant to look at every once in a while as well.

BTW This thread is probably going to be moved to the Gaming section since it seems that most "closet games" that are played are most likely video games.

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
umm a game that i like very much but not many people (my friends) like is the final fantasy games, they are all into the FPS games but i like them aswell, but there is something about final fantasy that i enjoy very much as well

Austin

Austin
No one was ever really conscious of this, but I am a huge fan of Electroplankton. In particular I prefer Luminarrow, Beatnes, Lumiloop, Hanenbow, and Trapy. For those of you who don't know, Electroplankton is a music game that requires no sense of rhythm. You just use your stylus to interact with the electroplankton and they make music. I find Toshio Iwai's doodles in the instruction manual to be very pleasant to look at every once in a while as well.

BTW This thread is probably going to be moved to the Gaming section since it seems that most "closet games" that are played are most likely video games.

Probably, I accidentally clicked General Discussion, when I thought I clicked Gaming. I'm sorry for the mistake.

Also, is it possible to be too old for Pokemon? I have a legit reason to play it, or at least in my opinion.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I like pokemon a lot too. And I don't admit it in person. I'm not really sure why that is, but I just don't feel comfortable with it, I suppose!

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Yeah, when it comes to closet gaming, I'm big on Pokemon. Sophomore year in High School, nobody plays those kinds of games anymore. I've kinda started playing the GB versions more than the Pearl, for (1) getting pumped for HG/SS (2) Yellow and Silver are way better than Pearl. Not too many gamers into things like slightly-generic-yet-still-hardcore games, such as the Trackmania series, which I only talk about with a few people. Now, everyone knows I'm a Zelda gamer (well, a lot of people), so I'm defiantly not a closet gamer on that category.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
None of the games I play would embarass me. Just yesterday I was talking about how I still sometimes play Pokemon, for example. Most of my friends are Mario and/or Zelda fans, and so on. I guess my friends would just expect it of me. :P

Austin

Austin
@Petman1325

Try being in college and playing. It's always a struggle for me to even go buy the game. If people ask, I say its a gift for a nephew/cousin. Lol

@Y2k3
You top me. You're a little older then me and you openly admit. I envy that.

This seems to be the problem now. People seem to think that becuase oyu're a legal adult or of a certain age, you can't or shouldn't play whatever games anymore. Where I live, everybody loves Firts Person Shooters. One of my brothers, me, my other bro, and my friend asll get teased becuase of Pokemon. At least pokemon doesn't drive you bloodthirsty for shooting people.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I really don't care if someone knows a game that they think is embarrassing.If someone ask me do you really play that I say ya is that a problem.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I'm usually never hid the fact that I play curtain games, but I think I should have kept quiet by the fact that I play Pokemon. When I was in first grade, I'd play Pokemon all the time, and I eventually got made fun of. It kept going on until eighth grade. =.= I'm in ninth grade now, and people are finally maturing up and not making fun of my, so I'm happy. I don't know what other games did stuff like that...

Zelda. NO ONE ELSE Plays zelda at my high school, except one friend who stopped playing after majora's mask, selling his gamecube and wii after about 2 months ownership of each.
All my other friends either hate it or got stuck in the 1st dungeon of TP, proceeding to hate it.
If the whole world played zelda, I wouldn't be here talking about it, would I?

Z

zelda-hyrule

i really <3 playing pokemon and i make sure peps no it
i really <3 telling peps about LOZ
I dont tell peps that GTA though they think its weird cause im a girl and stuff and i've showed them how good i am and they hate that kind of thing i dont exactlly tell people that im expert on GH so yea

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
.... Y'know, actually thinking about, I do hide the fact I play certain games sometimes. Mainly just around one friend though; the one who thinks he's really "hardcore" but denies it, and likes to dictate what games everyone should/should not like based on what "the internet" says he should think. I really can't be bothered with his lectures, so I just don't mention them. The ABSOLUTE first and foremost thing I look for in ANY game is that I derive some enjoyment or satisfaction from playing it. If I don't, then it's pretty much failed in my eyes, and isn't worth me playing it. The ones I don't mention are mainly more casual games, or ones that aren't from a huge successful series. Like Kameo: Elements of Power for the Xbox 360... the voice acting, characters and attack strategies REALLY irritate me, but there's just something so utterly fantastic about the music and large-scale battle scenes, and the environments are so beautiful and almost other-worldly, there's just something that makes my heart race and leaves me almost breathless everytime I wander around in those parts of the game. Mini Ninjas is another one I love playing on the '360, again it's not without its faults, but I love the cell-shaded look and the casual stealth.... and it's also the first game in a long time that made me flee for my life from some deceptive but terrifying enemies, that wasn't a zombie apocalypse game. There's also a couple of DS games I like playing on occasionally, but I can't think of the titles without looking specifically... Sad that there are people in the world we feel we have to hide the fact we enjoy certain things from... :c

But lol, I never really got into pokemon so I don't really have the same problem some of you guys have... I'd probably lie and say it was for a younger family member too xDDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom