• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Closet Gamers?

Pokemon was never a big thing and I know many people that enjoy it, but never openly say it. You're deemed a weirdo or a geek or something of the sort if you play it. I do play it, but I never openly admit it, unless you are a part of the ZD Skype Chat, then I'm willing to Wi-Fi battle you.

Otherwise, I'm totally fine with people knowing what I play. Sure, Civilization IV isn't really a hardcore game, but I love it, and I will never let anyone take it from me. :)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I am a 21 year older hardcore gamer(those here who know me know that it's true) and I love pokémon and several other franchises that are dubbed as "childish", and I am not ashamed nor embaressed to admit it.
As long as I like the games, no one has nothing to do with it

Austin

Austin
I am a 21 year older hardcore gamer(those here who know me know that it's true) and I love pokémon and several other franchises that are dubbed as "childish", and I am not ashamed nor embaressed to admit it.
As long as I like the games, no one has nothing to do with it

Maybe you can relate with me? Isn't it nice to pop in pokemon, and bring back and simpler childhood. For the period of time you play, you can forget the adult troubles?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I don't actually have any adult problems, atm, but, it's a franchise I love, and, i don't care that it is considered childish or anything like that, I like it and that's what I care about

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I'm the quiet type at school, but somehow I'm popular kind of, so I don't tell anyone I play video games. I don't know why, but I'm afraid ofcwhat others will say about me.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Too be honest, I hid the fact that I like video games in general for many years. In my year, no girl played videogames (or also hid it) so it was seen socially ackward if you did. I already was not the most social person, so to blend in with the group I never mentioned the fact that I liked video games. Now I'm more open about video games, but still I don't have friends to share my hobby. It is very annoying to hear for example a zelda reference and only you say something about it and then all the other people look like: "What are you talking about?!" :(

Steve

5/19/13
Around here most people talk about video games, usually something on Xbox 360 or World of Warcraft, but there is a pretty extensive fan base here for The Legend of Zelda as well, so I'm not really certain why anyone would need to be "closeted" about it.

Tom

As far as I'm concerned playing video-games isn't a bad thing, and even though we all know about the existence of people who call grown-up gamers childish, I think you've gotta stick to what you like, and if other people dislike it well, that's kinda their problem, isn't it?

I don't think you should talk about Link during a job interview, but that's pretty obvious. You must know the right time to talk about certain subjects, and some stuff should only be mentioned after you get to know the person well, otherwise you might give him/her the wrong impression.

Mute

一員
I used to be that way with Pokemon. Everyone would make fun of me for it so I kept trying to hide it, eventually causing me to get that way about a lot of stuff. But, I finally said screw it, all they play is sports games and most of them are the exact same with better graphics each time they make a new one, who are they to judge what I play? Of course, that's an opinion. But apart from that, I decided that Pokemon was pretty much the first game addiction I had and it holds a special place in my heart. If someone gives me crap for it, they can just shut up and accept it, I'm not going to stop playing good games just because someone apparently thinks their opinion is a fact.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
Animal Crossing

The only game that embarrasses me is Animal Crossing. Only one friend knows that I play it. So far no one else knows.:D

I will have to execute anyone who reads this....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom