• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Bad Zelda Games (Excluding CDi)?

HAve you ever played a bad Zelda game, excluding the CDi titles?

• All of Them are Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-4 Bad Games

• 3-7 Bad Games

• 7-14 Bad Games

• They All Suck

• Total voters
Has anybody on this forum played any Zelda games that they didn't like? The Phillips CDi games don't count because they were not released by Nintendo.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There IS one bad Zelda game. The one they chose NOT to release, I.E Mystery Seed of Courage. I was really looking forward to the Triforce Trilogy, but they HAD to cancel it.

G

goronslikefire

I've heard bad things about Zelda II, but i think that people don't like Zelda II because it's different than the others.

I've heard bad things about Zelda II, but i think that people don't like Zelda II because it's different than the others.
It is quite a bit different, but still enjoyable.
the game I dont like is AoL, it's too hard to react that quickly to bosses and darknuts on my emulator and my NES is broken
I beat it on VC a couple months ago, but it is a very difficult game.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
No. They're all fantastic in their own way. Each of them is a different experience, and bring something new to the series. That said, I'm not saying they're all flawless, but I have to say that in every single game, there's been something that pulled me in and made me love it, flaws and all.

Though I used to dislike Link's Awakening, though now (after actually sticking at playing it, and finding the thing that made me love it) I'm not sure why I didn't like it in the first place. Maybe because it was different, or I didn't know what to do? I don't know. It was a silly reason, whatever it was :3
OH! And I used to detest Phantom Hourglass at one point, but again, when I actually played it, I found it was really quite charming and addictive, and now I love it as much as the rest of them~

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..

Yeah it's different but still a lot of fun. AoL was the first game in which I got ecstatic when I heard about it coming out sometime in the future. I read up on it in reviews, and couldn't sleep the night before it came out. Granted back then you couldn't follow a game's development quite as well as you can these days, but I kept up with it as much as I could. Now it is my least favorite of the Zeldas that I've played, but I still enjoy it a lot.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
PH and FSA. I said 1-4 because there's 2. I don't know why, It just felt weird running around with 4 characters. And I've said everything about PH somewhere else. The music, the plot, the characters, I just didn't like it.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
not a big fan of AoL and LoZ, not that they are bad games, its just i have had them both for a month and I have only beaten one dungeon on LoZ and only 2 on AoL and i already have over 5o game-overs on them :O

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wouldn't say any Zelda game is bad, except the CDis, and MSoC. PH was a respectful game, though I wish they would let you play without the stylus. Really, PH & ST could be fully compatible without the stylus, except maybe directing the boomerang. The "bad" games are just games that need to be improved, like FSA's multiplayer. (Who has those cables to this day?!)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master

You're right. People don't like AoL because it was "different" and they're probably still miffed that they didn't use the innovative top down view for almost all of the game. But, I like it a ton.

the game I dont like is AoL, it's too hard to react that quickly to bosses and darknuts on my emulator and my NES is broken

Then play it on the GBA or VC or GC. And really, it's unfair to say a game is bad because of something that happens on an emulator. It's like saying Zelda sucks because FFCC is a bad Zelda rip off or something like that.

Anyways, all the Zelda games are terrific, even the ones that people commonly say are horrible without even beating (IE WW and AoL).

However, in my opinion the closest thing to a bad canonical Zelda game is TP. And that's mainly because Ganondorf ruined the plot with his surprise appearance. Seriously Nintendo, why did you have to put Ganondorf in a game where he didn't belong?!

Kirino

Tatakae
I love them all!Why does everyone hate AOL?I love it.Also Darknuts are acually pretty easy.all you have to do is jump up and hit their head.they cant block it.AOL is my least favorate Zelda game yet I give it a 9.4 out of 10.

Out of the Zelda games I own, I would have to say the Minish Cap. The Minish Cap just can't hold my interest for long and I always put it down after a couple minutes. Now of course, I haven't beaten this game yet, so this could change if I ever feel like picking it up again and try to beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom