• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anti-Virus Software Suggestions

Kazumi

chagy
Hello. It is Kazumi. My antivirus software has recently expired and I didn't really like it in the first place. So, I need some suggestions on a nice light-weight antivirus software. Preferably in the cheap-free range. I had McAfee before. Didn't like it very much...

So, any suggestions will help.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I've been using the free version of AntiVir for more than 6 years now and I'm quite happy with it. It doesn't use much RAM (~20 MB on my Win7 x64), runs very quietly and has a large base at least here in the German-speaking internet, therefore its anti-virus capabilities should be quite solid (didn't have a virus-based crash yet). It comes with a live scan, so manual scans aren't necessary. The only downside is the "notifier" which pops up somewhere between once/day and once/week. You can buy a premium version to disable that, but it costs €20/year. Maybe you can even find a good firewall which detects the window handle of that notifier and block it away, but I'm not really an expert on that.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't know too much about Antivirus software, but I've worked with ZoneAlarm since it came out. Never had a crash before. I don't know whether it is lightweight or not, because I rarely check filesize when it comes to PC protection. The trial works for 30 days, I do believe that Extreme Security costs around $50 for a year.

Well.. I know a lot of people hate it. But, AVG is pretty darn good. I've used it on two of my laptops and I have never had an issue with a virus. The downfall of AVG is that is assumes any script to be a virus. Which is both helpful and annoying. But yeah, I'd recommend it, definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom