• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anti-Theme Park Designed by Banksy in Weston-Super-Mare, UK

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
So Banksy has opened up a kind of anti-theme park called Dismaland in a seaside town in the UK. It's basically an art installation with living works inside, including unenthusiastic staff and exhibits of dystopian and politically subversive art with a message.

Here's an article explaining it better than me: http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/08/dismaland/

So what do you think of this? I for one really want to go. It seems interesting and I like the irony of it.

Even though it's a bit weird, I sort of want to have a look! Seems like it could be quite interesting.

Dan

That's a brilliant contrast to Disney world indeed. I would be right at home there in fact. I guess all the staff there would also be the opposite of the pedo staff that work at Disney to bolster the irony.. oh no offense @Seth. :bubsy:

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
if I break into the park because I don't want to pay to get in, can Banksy, the anti-capitalist anarchist, kick me out without contradicting the entire aspect of Dismaland?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The queue length to get in today was absolutely ridiculous so I gave it a miss. I'll see what it is like Wednesday as there will be less people than on the weekend.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
>anti-consumerism
Oh, so that's why I have to pay to get in?

What a joke.

“The UK’s most disappointing new visitor attraction”
Couldn't be worse than the London Eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom