• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anti-Master Sword

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
His similarities are barely worth mention and probably unintentional. It's not like with Ghirahim and Vaati where the idea that Ghirahim's design was inspired by Vaati's. That one's plausible. This? Eh...

Whether they were unintentional or not we shall soon discover. But an evil red haired, large, dark skinned muscular guy with manly sideburns reminds me of Ganondorf. He has rounded ears like OOT Ganondorf. He also has a mark on his forehead, Ganon wears the gem, this is the least significant and is probably unintentional but I thought I should throw it in anyway.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
So we've seen this new character. He could be part of the demon tribe, or he could rule it. But check out the object in his hand.

View attachment 19140

It looks A LOT like the Master Sword, but it looks evil! Upside-down triforce, red gem instead of blue gem, and evil wings extending from the hilt. How did he come across such an item? Any ideas?

So far as we know, Ghirahim is alive up until the end. He is stated to appear three times before the final boss battle, therefore making his end uncertain. But I can see your theory working in this. The Imprisoned is set free, which we see in the trailer where Link strives to hinder him, and likely becomes the scaley entity wielding the sword. Ghirahim no doubt plays into this somehow. I find it possible he does become this "Anti-Master Sword," a blade to combat the tool Fi is developed into. And considering Ghirahim's powers (conjuring a tornado, melting the cape from his body, bouts of teleportation, evident super-strength), he could very well be able to transform into the tool that is needed to revive his master.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Look how can Ghirahim possibly be the anti-master sword? I mean how? His white the sword is black and the red diamond is your only proof otherwise. Ghirahim has a red diamond how would this make him the sword? Phi and Ghirahim only have one thing in common, the diamond, that would make Zelda and Groose related too am I right? ;)

Plus, he was seen in the intro about a war. Why would he be out there if there is a war going on? It's simple Ghirahim is not the sword. In my opinion. The only way to get me convinced is by Nintendo themselves.

Look, people couldn't believe that "nonsense" back in the day that Fi was the Master Sword, And It's been confirmed today that she is.

Here are my arguments for why Debbie could be the anti sword..

1. His master is weilding it
2. His red gem is on the sword
3. If Fi turns into the MAster Sword first, Then Girahim (If he has the same magical powers as Fi) will be forced to turn into a sword that has the opposite properties of the Master Sword by his Master.. hence why it's black and bigger

just my two cents.. ;)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So far as we know, Ghirahim is alive up until the end. He is stated to appear three times before the final boss battle, therefore making his end uncertain. But I can see your theory working in this. The Imprisoned is set free, which we see in the trailer where Link strives to hinder him, and likely becomes the scaley entity wielding the sword. Ghirahim no doubt plays into this somehow. I find it possible he does become this "Anti-Master Sword," a blade to combat the tool Fi is developed into. And considering Ghirahim's powers (conjuring a tornado, melting the cape from his body, bouts of teleportation, evident super-strength), he could very well be able to transform into the tool that is needed to revive his master.

I'm still thinking that blade he has is this thing:

strangesword.jpg

Reason being the big scaly guy has a scar in his head where this thing on the Imprisoned is, meaning it had to have been pulled out. It could be he turns it into this. Or maybe he just conjures up the blade like Ghirahim does his sabre. No one seems to be thinking about that but me. =\

Phi had strong evidence of her being the master sword as opposed to Ghirahim who only has a red diamond. I mean wouldn't it be near his chest like Phi if he were a sword? Hmmmm?

That seems like Ghirahim's master. The figure in the middle seemed to have flames over his head and this guy fits thjat description perfectly. His design is amazing-my eyes are glued to that image! As for the sword, I think it may be the antithesis to the Master Sword indeed.

Look, people couldn't believe that "nonsense" back in the day that Fi was the Master Sword, And It's been confirmed today that she is.

Here are my arguments for why Debbie could be the anti sword..

3. If Fi turns into the MAster Sword first, Then Girahim (If he has the same magical powers as Fi) will be forced to turn into a sword that has the opposite properties of the Master Sword by his Master.. hence why it's black and bigger

just my two cents.. ;)

I support your claim 100%. I can't wait to engage in the battle for the ages!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm still thinking that blade he has is this thing:

strangesword.jpg

Reason being the big scaly guy has a scar in his head where this thing on the Imprisoned is, meaning it had to have been pulled out. It could be he turns it into this. Or maybe he just conjures up the blade like Ghirahim does his sabre. No one seems to be thinking about that but me. =\

That thing in The Imprisoned actually looks more like a turret upon close examination. It's a good theory, but this "blade" is likely what Ghirahim must become to restore his master to full power.

Yeah so? That's not even a reason. :dry: For all we know it could be one of the other demon members. :P

The red diamond is your only proof. Plus, the diamond should be in the chest if he is a sword like how Fi's is. So your proof isn't really solid.

3. If Fi turns into the MAster Sword first, Then Girahim (If he has the same magical powers as Fi) will be forced to turn into a sword that has the opposite
But Ghirahim and Fi are not the same. Fi was created by the Goddess and Ghirahim isn't (as far as I'm concerned) Fi sounds like a robot and looks a other world-ish being while Ghirahim looks like a human (even though he is a demon) and speaks fine.

Seriously, if this theory applied to Fi I would totally agree: she looks like the master sword all over her body is proof. But Ghirahim barely as proof I mean:
- Where are the diamonds I mean if I were to make Ghirahim a sword I would have diamonds on the design.
- Why would he turn into a black sword when there is little to no black colours on Ghirahim besides his eyes.
- Look at Ghirahim's sword it has a red gem and a black blade - obviously these are the common designs for the demon swords.

Or maybe he just conjures up the blade like Ghirahim does his sabre. No one seems to be thinking about that but me. =\
I actually suggested something like that earlier in this thread. I think He conjures it up to mock Link. That was my first thought when i saw the picture.

Honestly, I've seen a lot of people put a lot of thought into it just because of the little red diamond. I'm not going to disprove the theory but instead this time around i'm going to try and say why it could be, or, what I believe, couldn't be.
First, for saying why it could be:
1. Fi and Ghirahim both call their "wielders" master. While this may seem like a stretch, it can make sense seeing as Fi always calls Link master and Ghirahim does the same for his own.
2. Secondly, If we look at the sword it's not really black but is dark and red, as is Ghirahim's cape. If we look at Fi's shawl and Ghirahim's cape in the same way, it could make sense.
3. As for the diamond pattern that is found on Ghirahim? Take a look at the jagged edges of the sword itself. They jut out and in like fused diamonds.
4. Of course there's the infamous diamond that a lot of people have been speculating on. It's not a very strong argument, seeing as how it's a recurring theme used by many in the game, but it's still a small one.

Reasons against why Ghirahim is the sword:
1. Ghirahim was depicted in the battle in the intro and it would be odd to have him as a fighting demon there and a wielded sword now. Though if he was turned into one because his master was ticked at him remains to be seen, it's still a stretch.
2. Ghirahim has powerful magic himself and also wields a sword. A sword wielding a sword? It's not likely.
3. Fi is more spirit like in her form while Ghirahim seems to be much more physical, like an actual human being.
4. A sword would not likely have a title like Demon Lord Ghirahim, and seeing as he is advent on being called such, it's a large stretch to call the sword that.
5. The upside down Triforce... We know why the Triforce is on the Master Sword seeing as we have to imbue it with the power of the goddesses who made Hyrule. It doesn't make sense why it would be upside down on Ghirahim as a sword when he wouldn't have gotten the power of them. (unless the goddesses had one really sick sense of humor in the beginning of time, but unlikely.)

Another theory that I came up with while typing this all out is the Triforce... Perhaps the master obtains the Triforce and wishes for a supremely evil weapon able to counter the Master Sword. (Why he wouldn't just wish for death and destruction is beyond me... self satisfaction?... I digress again.) This could account for the upside down Triforce on the blade since it would be an ugly, evil, corrupted version of a Holy Weapon and the symbol would/could reflect this mockery.

Byrne

Waterloo
In a spioler-filled rumor post, there was something saying that ghirahim only awakes his master to gain his powers back.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Lets take a look at some new art of ghirahim...

SS_114art10.jpg

He has become darker and notice the red jewel now. His body also seems to become cracked...

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
If the thing's name is "The Imprisoned", this is almost difinetly its "unleashed" form. i can also speculate this is Girahim's master

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom