• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Resident-Evil-3-Remake

So after all the cool success of the Resident Evil 2 remake that definitely deserved to win game of the year, we're riding the remake roller coaster once again. Following some cool leaked images showing both the Resident Evil 3 and Biohazard 3 logos, Capcom rolled out the trailer for REmake 3. It features fancy new graphics, a Jill Valentine sporting reasonable, non-tube top clothing, The over the shoulder horror of the Resident Evil 2 remake is returning, and it looks just as terrifying as it did the second time around.

I was a big fan of the Resident Evil 2 remake, so I'm psyched to see another revitalization of a the final fixed camera angle RE game. Anyone else looking forward to yet another REmake?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I'm hyped as ****. RE3 is my favourite Resident Evil game, and REmake2 is one of the best games of last year, one of the best I've ever played. Seeing my favourite game in my favourite franchise getting a make over in the style of REmake2 is peak 'my ****'. Absolutely cannot wait for this.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Played Resident 0 and Remake on the GameCube.... I thought Part 4 was okay, but I didn't love it. The series lost me with 5 and onward. (I did go back and play part 2, 3, and Code Veronica, which I enjoyed, but they all just felt a bit.... dated by the time I played them.

I picked up the HD ports of 0 and Remake... and I think I will eventually get RE2. Nice to see RE3 being remade. I'm certain I'll get to it eventually.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I never played the older Resident Evil games before 4 so now that they'll all be modernized, I'm interested in checking them out.

I wholeheartedly recommend REmake 2. It's definitely my game of the year and I keep playing through it in spite of having unlocked everything.

Played Resident 0 and Remake on the GameCube.... I thought Part 4 was okay, but I didn't love it. The series lost me with 5 and onward. (I did go back and play part 2, 3, and Code Veronica, which I enjoyed, but they all just felt a bit.... dated by the time I played them.

I picked up the HD ports of 0 and Remake... and I think I will eventually get RE2. Nice to see RE3 being remade. I'm certain I'll get to it eventually.

I'd definitely recommend REmake 2 if you didn't much enjoy the more action-packed Resident Evil games. It's a step back into the true horror genre that RE used to dominate alongside Silent Hill.

As a life-long fan of the series, I have to say I love the fact that I was alive to see Re2 remade and turned out as great as it did. Now, with Re3 following close behind, I feel like my childhood has almost come full-circle. I am a bit weary to how they handle certain things as I am not particularly fond of the new Nemesis design (does he not seem less scary/opposing/aggressive now?), but I know in time it will grow on me so long as the game itself is good, which I do have faith in following the masterpiece that was the Re2 remake.

I always wanted to see 2 and 3 remade after the fantastic job that was done remaking the first game, taking its place as my favorite in the series from that point until now. Admittedly, I wanted to see them remade 16-17 years ago when that old RE formula was still being used, but am pretty satisfied with what we have now and can't imagine a new game in the old style being nearly as well received.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
As a life-long fan of the series, I have to say I love the fact that I was alive to see Re2 remade and turned out as great as it did. Now, with Re3 following close behind, I feel like my childhood has almost come full-circle. I am a bit weary to how they handle certain things as I am not particularly fond of the new Nemesis design (does he not seem less scary/opposing/aggressive now?), but I know in time it will grow on me so long as the game itself is good, which I do have faith in following the masterpiece that was the Re2 remake.

I always wanted to see 2 and 3 remade after the fantastic job that was done remaking the first game, taking its place as my favorite in the series from that point until now. Admittedly, I wanted to see them remade 16-17 years ago when that old RE formula was still being used, but am pretty satisfied with what we have now and can't imagine a new game in the old style being nearly as well received.

I think the changes make him more intimidating. Nemesis has always been cool, but his design was definitely intended for Resident Evil back before the series made the jump to more graphically intense games. The new design seems more... deformed. Makes Nemesis out like he's been in some scraps before pursuing Jill.

REmake 2 is also the superior version of the game for me. I was introduced to the series a little too late to enjoy the older tank controls, so the over the shoulder method is better for me.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I just feel a need to say this somewhere, I personally don't like Jill's face in this version, I liked how she looked in REmake and Revelations but here it's just...eh?
it doesn't matter though, everyone else seems to to like it and that's cool to see

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Jill's face bothers me too. I thought they did excellently in their casting in REmake 2, but Chris and Jill really got the short end of the stick in the new RE Engine, though Chris more laughably so.

I'm optimistic about RE3 due to how much I enjoyed REmake 2, so at the very least, I'll enjoy the gameplay experience, but I'm still expecting Capcom is gonna f*ck it all up some way. I loved REmake 2 very much, but more so for what it meant for the series moving forward and less because of how amazing it was as a remake.

Resident Evil 2 is such an iconic game and is memorable for so many reasons that the remake absolutely failed to capture. The game looks great, plays amazingly, modernizes the classic Resident Evil formula in ways RE4 and RE7 failed to, but it's still a much more bare bones version of Resident Evil 2. It's an incredible experience for what's there and it's everything Resident Evil should have been since RE4, but so much is just missing here that it feels like nothing more than a different version of Resident Evil 2 than a better/definitive one like REmake was to the original.

RE3 has always been regarded as being more action heavy than the previous 2 entries, but I already fear this is gonna give Capcom the wrong idea for this remake which will inevitably be successful and in turn, send the wrong message to Capcom for the future of the series. It's never been my favorite entry, so I'm open to changes, and given it's just a single campaign, they surely can't miss the mark as much as they did with RE2, so hopefully it turns out great, but I'm definitely not sold on Resident Evil's grand return just yet.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Jill's face bothers me too. I thought they did excellently in their casting in REmake 2, but Chris and Jill really got the short end of the stick in the new RE Engine, though Chris more laughably so.

I'm optimistic about RE3 due to how much I enjoyed REmake 2, so at the very least, I'll enjoy the gameplay experience, but I'm still expecting Capcom is gonna f*ck it all up some way. I loved REmake 2 very much, but more so for what it meant for the series moving forward and less because of how amazing it was as a remake.

Resident Evil 2 is such an iconic game and is memorable for so many reasons that the remake absolutely failed to capture. The game looks great, plays amazingly, modernizes the classic Resident Evil formula in ways RE4 and RE7 failed to, but it's still a much more bare bones version of Resident Evil 2. It's an incredible experience for what's there and it's everything Resident Evil should have been since RE4, but so much is just missing here that it feels like nothing more than a different version of Resident Evil 2 than a better/definitive one like REmake was to the original.

RE3 has always been regarded as being more action heavy than the previous 2 entries, but I already fear this is gonna give Capcom the wrong idea for this remake which will inevitably be successful and in turn, send the wrong message to Capcom for the future of the series. It's never been my favorite entry, so I'm open to changes, and given it's just a single campaign, they surely can't miss the mark as much as they did with RE2, so hopefully it turns out great, but I'm definitely not sold on Resident Evil's grand return just yet.

I'll admit I don't really see the issue with the alterations made to Jill's model. Like the incredibly large shoulder pads that Leon wears in the original version of Resident Evil 2, Jill's model (and the tube-top wrapped around it) were probably designed to be distinct in the graphically muddy age of the PS1/N64 age of graphical fidelity. It fit when things were seen at a much lower resolution.

The new model--

resident-evil-3-jill.jpg

--seems alright to me. It's been altered to look less ridiculous with more functional clothing, not unlike Leon and Claire in REmake 2.

In regards to the game's tone, I don't see Capcom steering near action. RE7 was a complete 180-degree shift back into horror territory, and REmake 2 is love in part because it's actually a good horror game. Tonally, I see REmake 3 following that grittier, more horror-centric direction.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'll admit I don't really see the issue with the alterations made to Jill's model. Like the incredibly large shoulder pads that Leon wears in the original version of Resident Evil 2, Jill's model (and the tube-top wrapped around it) were probably designed to be distinct in the graphically muddy age of the PS1/N64 age of graphical fidelity. It fit when things were seen at a much lower resolution.

The new model--

resident-evil-3-jill.jpg

--seems alright to me. It's been altered to look less ridiculous with more functional clothing, not unlike Leon and Claire in REmake 2.

In regards to the game's tone, I don't see Capcom steering near action. RE7 was a complete 180-degree shift back into horror territory, and REmake 2 is love in part because it's actually a good horror game. Tonally, I see REmake 3 following that grittier, more horror-centric direction.

The outfit, while generic, isn't what I'm really griping about. The actress they got just doesn't look like Jill to me. I know she's gone through different models before with the fan favorite being Julia Voth, but this one looks like the most drastic change and I'm honestly not feeling it. I also don't know what's up with Capcom's technology because all their characters look rather inconsistent from various angles, including Jill which looks like a different person every time I see her.

In this developer message, they mention how the redesigned the characters for an action setting and even acknowledge the original RE3 did lean more towards action which it seems they're embracing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom