• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Another Hero Shade Thought

i was just thinking about how :) becames shade a stalfos so this is what i think happened he goes through the lost woods goes to the alternate world of terminia gets lost on his way back and dies in the woods and becomes a stalfos since hes not a kokiri he would not become a skull kid. but he was a kid, the stalfos is a more of an adult form though but he would have had to die the the lost woods to become a stalfos but if he left and came back when he was an adult what reason would he have for coming back to the woods as an adult tell me your thoughts

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
This isn't actually a new idea. This has been around for quite some time now. The Hyrule Historia does claim this, but of course you can choose to believe it or not. This is actually one of the times I agree with the HH.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Hyrule Historia - Hero's Shade is the Hero of Time.
My theory - Hyrule Historia's statement is possible, but there is not enough evidence. The obvious reason is the Seven Hidden Skills, never used in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Another Zelda game with Hero of Time, taking place between MM and Twilight Princess could explain this.

Hyrule Historia - Hero's Shade is the Hero of Time.
My theory - Hyrule Historia's statement is possible, but there is not enough evidence. The obvious reason is the Seven Hidden Skills, never used in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Another Zelda game with Hero of Time, taking place between MM and Twilight Princess could explain this.

If you list the Hyrule Historia as confirming a timeline fact, why do you deny it later on?

"When Link first set foot in the Twilight, the crest of the Triforce of Courage shined on the back of his hand; when he returned to human-form he wore clothes the hero wore. Link is taught mysteries from the ghost of the hero of time. Since he returned to his childhood, he’d felt regret that he would leave his name as hero. Therefore, the “son” of Link speaks proof of the courage he inheirited mysteriously".

GlitterBerri's Game Translations » Pg. 118 Princess Zelda

i was just thinking about how :) becames shade a stalfos so this is what i think happened he goes through the lost woods goes to the alternate world of terminia gets lost on his way back and dies in the woods and becomes a stalfos since hes not a kokiri he would not become a skull kid. but he was a kid, the stalfos is a more of an adult form though but he would have had to die the the lost woods to become a stalfos but if he left and came back when he was an adult what reason would he have for coming back to the woods as an adult tell me your thoughts

Pardon my nitpicking, but please use proper punctuation and grammar next time, as it will make things A LOT easier to read and understand.

Okay... Not trying to come off as mean, but the theory that you've presented is incredibly outdated. It has been confirmed by several sources, Hyrule Historia in particular, that the Hero's Shade is the Hero of Time from the Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask era. Also, he is NOT a Stalfos; his face simply appears skeleton-like, and he seems to be a spiritual form that he assumes when facing TP Link to make the battle much "easier" on him (in a sense). In my opinion, it is more probable that the Golden Wolf is the Hero of Time's true spiritual form (or at least one of many forms that he can assume), as it correlates with Twilight Princess's theme of Link becoming a wolf upon entering the Twilight Veil. The wolf is, in a sense, a reflection of Link's spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
This thought has already been thought of. It says this in Hyrule Historia. I've just always wondered why he had some awkward armor on. Sure he became a 'Stalfos', but that doesn't necessarily mean he has to have armor.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
This thought has already been thought of. It says this in Hyrule Historia. I've just always wondered why he had some awkward armor on. Sure he became a 'Stalfos', but that doesn't necessarily mean he has to have armor.

Well, Stalfos have armor, although technically he isn't a Stalfos, he is a shade (the limbs even look beefy), I find more similarities between the Stalfos' armor and the shade's armor though, but it's not like it couldn't just be a common type of armor

well if it has been confirmed and he returned as an adult why did he come back for what reason

Sorry guys if theory has been outdated i have not been reading HH i just randomly thought of this while ln zd i think of the fact that this theory has already been thought of but i would still like to know some of the answers to the questions in the thread oh and sorry for bad English i am bad in English class and ICT class.

Last edited:
Well, Stalfos have armor, although technically he isn't a Stalfos, he is a shade (the limbs even look beefy), I find more similarities between the Stalfos' armor and the shade's armor though, but it's not like it couldn't just be a common type of armor

If one looks closely, the Hero's Shade's armor resembles the armor worn by the Hylian Knight spirits that can seen in the castle courtyard while using wolf senses. This might suggest that the Hero of Time died in knight's armor, which in turn might explain the peculiarities in the design of the Hero Shade's [Stalfos-esque?] armor.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
If one looks closely, the Hero's Shade's armor resembles the armor worn by the Hylian Knight spirits that can seen in the castle courtyard while using wolf senses. This might suggest that the Hero of Time died in knight's armor, which in turn might explain the peculiarities in the design of the Hero Shade's [Stalfos-esque?] armor.

I don't see it Stalfos-esque, it's just that far too many people say mirror shield and gilded sword, which I don't buy, I just noticed I can't stress enough that he isn't a skeleton

I don't see it Stalfos-esque, it's just that far too many people say mirror shield and gilded sword, which I don't buy, I just noticed I can't stress enough that he isn't a skeleton

I agree... I really hate the whole Stalfos thing, and I am glad the Mirror Shield|Gilded Sword theories have died down, fortunately.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
Here's an idea.

The Hero's Shade is the spirit of the Hero of Time, but not the Link from Ocarina of Time. Though he is never referred to as "Hero of Time" in Skyward Sword, that Link is much more deserving of the title. He willingly transcends time to defeat Demise a thousand years in the past. If that isn't a hero of time, I don't know what is. OoT:Link, on the other hand, merely sleeps for seven years until he is old enough to inherit the Master Sword. He uses the Ocarina of Time (made from the same Timeshift Stones that SS:Link mastered) to play the Song of Time, which is really a prayer to Hylia, the Goddess of Time, whom SS:Link saved. In every way, SS:Link is more deserving of the designation "Hero of Time" than OoT:Link.

All that to say, the Hero's Shade is the spirit of the true Hero of Time, Link from Skyward Sword. It makes much more sense, given that OoT:Link never used the techniques taught to TP:Link by the Hero's Shade, while SS:Link used all of them (except one, I think).

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Here's an idea.

The Hero's Shade is the spirit of the Hero of Time, but not the Link from Ocarina of Time. Though he is never referred to as "Hero of Time" in Skyward Sword, that Link is much more deserving of the title. He willingly transcends time to defeat Demise a thousand years in the past. If that isn't a hero of time, I don't know what is. OoT:Link, on the other hand, merely sleeps for seven years until he is old enough to inherit the Master Sword. He uses the Ocarina of Time (made from the same Timeshift Stones that SS:Link mastered) to play the Song of Time, which is really a prayer to Hylia, the Goddess of Time, whom SS:Link saved. In every way, SS:Link is more deserving of the designation "Hero of Time" than OoT:Link.

All that to say, the Hero's Shade is the spirit of the true Hero of Time, Link from Skyward Sword. It makes much more sense, given that OoT:Link never used the techniques taught to TP:Link by the Hero's Shade, while SS:Link used all of them (except one, I think).

This is full of speculation, and also, the title of SS:Link is Hero of the goddess, the title of OoT:Link is Hero of time, you just can't assume Nintendo was referencing SS:Link in Hyrule Historia, you just can't

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom