• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Another Handheld Zelda Game?

Pen

The game is on!
I really don't think Nintendo will make another Zelda title for the DS, rather the 3DS which after all is there newest handheld console. I would really love a brand new Zelda game for the 3DS with OoT3D controls! That'd be extraordinary! :D

(But if they fore some reason would make a new Zelda game for the DS I would buy it on the release day! :))

Big Octo

=^)
Well, it seems very unlikely. The 3DS brings a new generation of controls and graphics to hand-held gameplay. If a new Zelda game was made for the 3DS, it probably won't be similar to PH or ST in terms of layout and gameplay.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Not for the original DS! Why develop a game for an obsolete system? And I don't really like the gameplay of the DS Zeldas compared to the console Zelda (exception being OoT3D, of course).

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
As everyone else said, I see the next handheld Zelda on the 3DS. No point in making more for the DS when Nintendo wants to sell their new system. They very well could be working on a 3DS Zelda right now as we speak.

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
I think should/will make another 3DS Zelda game that plays like a console game. OoT3D showed that it doesn't have to be a overhead view any more:).
I'm pretty sure the DS Zeldas and their style of play have come to an end, at least for now.

Exactly. I would love to see 3DS Zelda games using the OoT 3D style for the gameplay.

There should most definitely be a new Zelda game for the 3DS, perhaps with a new, effective gameplay mechanic that involves 3D. Effectively implementing the 3D would have to be done just right, though. If Nintendo was given such a task, I'm sure they wouldn't let us down...:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom