• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Another "Classic" plug n play or just NSO?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
We got the NES and SNES classic mini some years back and tons of people were expecting N64 or even Game Boy, but of course nothing has came up since. It's been a while and we're 4 years into the Switch's life, so what do you guys think? Does anyone want to see a mini system for the N64 or Game Boy come out still? Or are you thinking screw it and just let these games come on NSO already?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
a mini N64 would probably actually be the most profitable to me since I didn't have one growing up and missed out on a bunch of those games
I wouldn't be opposed to online either since it at least makes me feel like I'm getting something out of my online subscription

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I feel like we should have gotten at least GameBoy games on NSO, and my money is it will be the next expansion of the service. I wouldn't expect a mini GameBoy even though it could be pretty cool. I think a Nintendo 64 Mini would be more likely to release eventually, hopefully with a better joy stick with it's controller. I'd also like to see N64 games make their way to NSO so we can at least get to a point where the retro library is back on par with where the Wii was a decade ago. I'd hope for their next gen console to expand with GameBoy Advance games (paralleling the Wii U's contribution to it's Virtual Console service), and then finally break through to GameCube ports, which I feel is long overdue.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'd rather the ability to purchase retro titles individually. Nintendo Switch Online has been a ****ty option the moment they started charging money for it, and creating yet another physical thing to take up extra space and an HDMI port just adds to the amount of clutter near the television.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
honestly I'd be baffled if nintendo actually did come out w/ an N64 classic at this point, it just makes way more sense to me if they put the rest of their legacy stuff on the eshop or NSO rather than making another round of classic systems

MW7

I think the plan is to release something for Zelda's anniversary and then release something else afterwards so we can pay for it twice (well third, fourth, fifth, etc. for some games). For example Ocarina of Time could be in a collection, and then be out on NSO a year later. Many of the games for NES and SNES Classic are on NSO, and right now I'm considering buying NSO just so I can play the games anywhere. I think I'd want to see as many games re-released in as many formats as possible as I'm terrified of my N64 and other systems dying (currently playing DK 64).

honestly I'd be baffled if nintendo actually did come out w/ an N64 classic at this point, it just makes way more sense to me if they put the rest of their legacy stuff on the eshop or NSO rather than making another round of classic systems
Nah. I prefer to own the stuff I pay for, not rent and lose it as soon as the online service goes bye-bye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom