• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anookies and Yetis

D

deku guy

the anookies from phanthom hourglass are the same of the yetis from twilight princess

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
There's a passing resemblance between the female TP Yeti, Yeta and the Anouki I suppose due to their stout appearance, but otherwise there's nothing that really suggests that they are indeed one and the same.

I would personally say that they are not the same because the Anouki have antlers and appear to be more penguin-like whereas the Yeti in TP are more of the cliche abominable snowman type which is more ape-like in appearance.

D

deku guy

yetis could also be the yook but the male yeti yeto has bigger tail. i mean did you see that is HUGE!!!!

They're similar species, but I also doubt that they're one and the same. In the Great Sea, very few of the species of Hyrule have actually survived. The only one apart from the humans, actually, is the gorons. Everything else changed or died out. Zora became Rito, Kokiri became Koroks.

Actually, looking at both species side by side, I'd say there's absolutely no way the Anouki are the same or even related. They look totally different. The Yook, maybe, could be related, but it's highly unlike they're the same, especially considering that the name is different.

Zelda races always bear the same name, they never change unless the race itself does. ;)

Qwerty0805

Pixelated Sword Member
Phantom Hourglass = Adult timeline
Twilight Princess = Child timeline
Therefore, unless the Yetis and Anookies were around during the events of Ocarina of Time, they can't be the same. Even if they were around then, they would probably have a Zora/Zola relationship because they're so different.

Last edited:

Link Master

The Hero's Master
Well I think the races are not alike one is bigger and the other has antlers. The female yeti Yeta looks a little like one of the isle of ice residents. But in more way than one they are not the same.

Phantom Hourglass = Adult timeline
Twilight Princess = Child timeline
Therefore, unless the Yetis and Anookies were around during the events of Ocarina of Time, they can't be the same. Even if they were around then, they would probably have a Zora/Zola relationship because they're so different.
That's actually not as impossible as you might think. The topic poster is proposing that the Yati and Anookie are the same creature. Since there's not much difference in the world between OoT and TP, it's probable that not much has changed, therefore it's probable the Yeti would be around in OoT, they just never appeared in the game.

It's not that unlikely, though. All of the games are small in scope, it's a definitely that they miss aspects of the world. It makes perfect sense.

I still disagree that both races are the same, though. I just wanted to comment on this.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
They would seem more like Yook's, I realized this the other day when I was playing Twilight Princess, Yook, could actually be the Anooki name for a Yeti, but that just means they are of the same species, which isn't that impossible.
Also about Yeto's Tail, after looking at him, I noticed a change in pattern, I believe that him and his wife are both wearing big fur coats, and Yeto's has a long back to it.

L

Luminary

Given that Zora became Rito and Kokiri became Koroks, as someone stated above, they could be closely related. One decended from the other no doubt. :D

Give it another hundred years and the Anookies will have wings and be made of wood!

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
No, I feel they're completely different.
They are a few races in the Zelda Universe that are rather similar, but not the same thing.
This is one of them.

L

Luminary

Actually I've change my mind, the Yooks and the Yeti are directly related, much like the Zola are to the Zora.

Anookies though? They are a completely different race.

They would seem more like Yook's, I realized this the other day when I was playing Twilight Princess, Yook, could actually be the Anooki name for a Yeti, but that just means they are of the same species, which isn't that impossible.
Also about Yeto's Tail, after looking at him, I noticed a change in pattern, I believe that him and his wife are both wearing big fur coats, and Yeto's has a long back to it.
I definitely agree that Yeta is wearing a coat. Looking at her design, it's pretty obvious IMO. I believe that's one of the main reasons people suggest she's not actually a Yeti but a human.

Anyway, when it comes to Yeto, I'm just not sure. It's weird as hell that he has that tail, but unlike Yeta it really does look to me like that's his fur. Hard to say, though. There definitely is some really weird contrast between the designs of those two characters. It's confused the heck out of me ever since I saw them. -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom