• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time "Annoying" Navi?

Is Navi really that annoying?

• Yes, she's my least favorite character of any video game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, I really wish she weren't in OoT

• Sort of, I liked some of her stuff, but she did get annoying at times

• Not really, alot of her stuff was really helpful to me

• No, she's one of my favorite charecters in Oot/Zelda in general

• Total voters

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
She was so helpful, I don't know why people don't like her. I like her! Her voice was nice with the enemy warnings and somtimes she would turn green and hover over a hidden or secret thing. Sometimes I would forget what to do and when she went "Hey!" I'd answer and she would give me a clue on what to do. Same goes with bosses.
Besides, you're not a real man if you don't have a fairy! Go figure.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
As I mentioned in one of the other Navi threads floating about, her biggest problem is how often she is set to remind you about the next dungeon in your quest. Every new area, and every house you walk into, Navi will wait anything from 30 seconds to a minute, before once again reminding you about the quest you should be on.

Her reminding you isn't a problem. Her doing so with such frequency, however, is. Especially with so many side-quests ripe for the adventurin', with the constant reminder preventing you from going into first-person view (something I often found irritating while on secret hunts).

If that had been toned down some, then she would have been far more tolerable, and she probably wouldn't have gained so much hate. But "Hey! Hey! Hey!" every minute or so when you're crossing Hyrule field for any reason does grate, especially if you're playing the game for a few hours.

I

ItsJustTheChad

Honestly, many people who "hate" Navi just follow the crowd of people who actually do(...)
Yea I agree. That's actually exactly what I was thinking. :P I guess i'm sorta middle ground about the whole thing. But I love Navi and it's a shame she didn't appear in other games. :( Unless I missed something.

I like Navi. in the game you Z target be "using your fairy" and without Z targeting, i don't thing I'd like fighting monsters at all. Plus Navi is the reason Link even gets to start hid journey, considering that he can't even visit the Deku Tree without a fairy.

Although people who are familiar with the game find her annoying because she stops you when you already know what to do, for new players, her advice can be very helpful. She also knows the easiest way to kill every monster, so that's helpful too.

Another reason I like Navi is because she is one of Link's best friends. She sticks with him throughout the entire game.

I dont really have a feeling for her. I don't hate her, but I dont love her either. At points she did get annoying. But not to the point that it really bothered me.

I love Navi too. :)

She may be a bit annoying, but most of the time she's extremelly helpful and funny. She turns green to warn you about secrets, she turns red to alert you about danger, she Z targets for you, and many other things. Hating her feels sort of ungrateful to me.

But my favorite Navi ability is to analise the enemies and see what she has to say. I mean, it's like having Hyrule's Discovery Channel by your side! She gives you some interesting information, and sometimes her personnal feelings about it. It's just great!

I think Navi is a very important to MM's story too. Link goes to the lost woods looking for Navi, where he ran into the Skull Kid

yes i found her to get kinda annoying
BUT alot of the time (as i have said in another thread) that she is also very helpful
with enemies, and finding out were i am in the game if i havent played it in a while
the only thing i really dislike about her is when you start playing OoT from the beginning is her tutorials
yea its helpful for new players but its annoying the second time around
oh and they LISTEN! thing...
but i guess you learn to ignore it after a while

I

ItsJustTheChad

I guess people should hate Midna too if they hate Navi. Ahaha.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Navi? No I don't hate her but I can understand why people think she is annoying. What makes her annoying are her repeats and calls like everytime you stand against a door and the bars went down Navi tells you that you can't open it. And sometimes when you accidentally press the wrong button she starts her talking again. But fortunately you don't have to listen but can skip all the talk part.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
I don't really Take sides in this debate. I don't like or dislike her, but she wasn't annoying. Things i didn't like about her include:
- between dungeons, if you are doing sidequests,getting epona, or whatever else, she bothers you every 45 or so seconds saying "Didn't Darunia say something about the Water Temple? Hurry! let's go to Zora's Domain!"
- She repeats the same message EVERY. SINGLE. TIME
- She tells you things that are extremely obvious: "Press A to open the door"... Seriously....

That's something they improved on with Tatl, she didn't bother you every 45 seconds, and she only told you tp go to the next dungeon when you played the song of time. But She didn't give ANY useful information about enemies: "Seriously, if you don't know about Skullatulas, you have a real problem" and stuff along the lines of that.

Things i LIKE about Navi:
- She ACTUALLY gave info on the enemies, that was sometimes pretty useful
- she had the first Voice acting in any zelda game (which is still uncommon today, i think the only other voice acting was link saying 'come here' in Wind Waker)

So yeah, the pros and cons are about even with her, and she was improved upon in the Form of Tatl in MM anyway, so no reason to complain really :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom