• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Annoying Mario Kart Items

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
Mario Kart is hands down one of the most enjoyable games out there. Yet in the matter of a few seconds it can quickly turn int one of the most frustrating experiences ever, all thanks to a banana peel or a few annoying shells.

What MK items do you absolutely hate?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
See it's not so much the items i have issue (though Lightning bolts and redshells are the offspring of @Satan) It's how the items are given out. the closer to last place you are the better the items get whereas if you are in first you are more likely to get nothing but crappy Coin items which are useless after a certain point

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I really don't like getting the boomerang or the super horn or whatever it's called. The storm cloud that shrinks you if you don't hit someone else is annoying too. I preferred the blue shells in N64 because if you knew it was coming you could slow down, get 2nd and let someone else get hit by the shell. It's really lame to be hit by a red shell, drop to 2nd or 3rd, and get hit by a blue shell too.

The thunder cloud is definitely the worst since it was very difficult to drive into somebody else in the short amount of time before you git zapped. Spiny shells are also a bit annoying, so if one is headed my way I like to wait until I'm next to the 2nd racer so that it's not just me who gets blown up :P

Whatever that one stormcloud item on Mariokart Wii was. That was the worst. Like, it took me forever to realize you were supposed to rub it off on someone else like static, but even after I learned this, whenever I got it, I wasn't near anyone so I couldn't get rid of it. The literal worst.
Agreed, that was a terrible mechanic... just had to accept your doom there.

I'm not sure if I have any particular item aside from that that really irked me, though. Red shells were annoying as hell when you were flying over jumps, though. There's nothing you can do except drop to your death.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
The freaking blooper. It didn't really hinder your ability to drive when you were hit by it. It just pissed you off. And when you got one, it still just pissed you off because you knew it wasn't actually going to do anything.

Last edited:

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
If we were going to add anything to our list it would totally be the lighting cloud. The speed boot you get is totally not worth being shrunken at the end, and what always happens is you hit someone to pass it off and they hit you back right before the timer ends. Sooooo lame. :/

Also, hitting your own banana peels and green shells totally sucks. Happens way more often than I'd like to admit. lol

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Being hit by lightning in MK8, the worst part about it was how it made you lose your item in addition to slowing you down. I'm good with items that hit you, slow you down, because most of those can be protected against if you have the right items, but the lightning's the worst, especially if you luck out and get the 8 items right before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom