• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anju's Cow..Replica

I finished this a few years ago for my two nephews game room, and I figured it was about time I posted some pictures of it. Thought you all here might like to see it.

I made the bobble-cow out of wood mostly, with two different gauges of steel piercing-rings for the neck's pivoting. I used water-slide style decals for the face, and the front/neck area of the body. The rest of the spots were airbrushed dark brown with handbrushed shading within each spot.
The movement turned out way better than I was expecting. I was fiddling with some weak magnets inside to try and keep the face pointed straight while in resting position, and with the magnets in a certain arrangement, it ended up prolonging the movement roughly 100 times longer than without the magnets. Plus keeping the face straight and centered while motionless. Interestingly it ended up working just like a mini gravity-field except horizontal in this case, which makes the inside portion of the neck swing just like a side-ways pendulum back and forth past the magnet.

Funny enough there appears to be at least one cow in almost every house/building/etc. in clock town, except for two or possibly three places like one of the shops. The stock-pot-inn itself has two cows, and the mayor's office has multiple as well. And all of the cows are slightly different in some way as well.
Oddly, every area in clock town does have it's own clock though. Fitting considering the towns name I guess, haha.

Every house needs a cow and a clock! ;)

-Carson

Here's a photo of the cow, in-game:

Majoras Mask snap_zpsdofywpow.jpg

And here's my replica(s):

AC1.jpg

AC2.jpg

And a Video of it in action ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom