• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animes like Steins;Gate?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I'm having trouble finding good anime to watch. I'm in the mood for something similar to Steins;Gate, something with interesting characters and thrilling plot twists.

Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 14134

Try Erased. It's not as good as Steins Gate but it's still worth a watch (or a read if you don't mind manga as that's better). Otherwise Steins Gate is a one of a kind. You won't find another anime nearly as good as it.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Erased, Re:Zero, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica all have that same element of a character struggling against a bad timeline, if that's what you're looking for.

Erased is probably the most similar of the three to Steins;Gate in that it takes place in a more realistic sort of setting without excessive fantasy/sci-fi elements.

Re:Zero is made by the same studio as S;G and takes place in a fairly generic fantasy setting and the first half of the first episode made me want to die, but it ended up being pretty engaging and the protagonist also suffers from having to repeat time periods and having to deal with the other people not remembering their interactions from previous timelines.

Madoka is an entirely different genre, but it's also good and features a similar theme somewhere in it.

---

Those are the three closest anime to Steins;Gate I can think of, but there are plenty of other really good shows that aren't anything like it.

Pen

The game is on!
Eden of the East is a great anime that gave off similar feels and vibes as Steins;Gate does imo. The story isn't all that similar, but it's got good and relatable characters all the same and is a very beautiful story. Beautiful in the same way as Steins;Gate, though not quite on the same level.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Try Erased. It's not as good as Steins Gate but it's still worth a watch (or a read if you don't mind manga as that's better). Otherwise Steins Gate is a one of a kind. You won't find another anime nearly as good as it.
This is pretty subjective, lots of people think lots of anime are better than Steins;Gate, granted I will agree there isn't really anything like it.

I would recommend the other Semi;Colon anime, though I believe Steins;Gate is the only one that really did the Visual Novel justice.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I would recommend the other Semi;Colon anime, though I believe Steins;Gate is the only one that really did the Visual Novel justice.

I don't know which one you're talking about, there are like three or four other ones as far as I know.

Robotics;Notes was pretty average. I couldn't get through more than a couple episodes of Chaos;Head or Occultic;Nine.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I don't know which one you're talking about, there are like three or four other ones as far as I know.

Robotics;Notes was pretty average. I couldn't get through more than a couple episodes of Chaos;Head or Occultic;Nine.
The plural of anime is anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom