• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime!

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Watch more anime. Really, it's rare to find anime that is the same. Unlike the western world, Japan uses animation in EVERYTHING- comedy, romance, sci-fi, horror, mystery, etc. The west uses it mainly for the kids (and/or comedy) and shows more interest in CG and realism. Just as we have a buttload of different shows and movies for different genres, so does Japan... but they are more willing to put their artists to work instead of focusing mainly on hiring actors.

I love that about anime. There is really something for everyone. And even if I don't care for the story line or genre of a show, I might still watch it just to see the incredible animation.

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
I never really watched anime but this one show caught my eye. Higurashi. It is so violent but so entertaining. The way the characters are animated is really good. Not good at all for children of a young age!

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
Watch more anime. Really, it's rare to find anime that is the same. Unlike the western world, Japan uses animation in EVERYTHING- comedy, romance, sci-fi, horror, mystery, etc. The west uses it mainly for the kids (and/or comedy) and shows more interest in CG and realism. Just as we have a buttload of different shows and movies for different genres, so does Japan... but they are more willing to put their artists to work instead of focusing mainly on hiring actors.

Miyazaki is a genius, but he's not the only one. Katsuhiro Otomo is another creative genius, as is Osamu Tezuka (whom you can thank for anime/manga).

Oh, don't worry, I'm an otaku who actually took time out of his life to learn some Japanese solely for the purpose of watching the stuff. XD

I've done a school report on the American tradition of animation and the conflict between Western styles and Eastern styles, and how both have influenced each other, so I do know a fair bit on the subject. I've practically grown up on the stuff. I remember Pokemon, Tenchi Muyo, Sailor Moon, Digimon, Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon Ball Z, etc. etc. the list of stuff I watched as a child is long. Of course nowadays I watch a very different set of anime than I did back in the day (since back then they either didn't exist or never got translated).

Right now I'm excited for the new season of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei to come out.

Cyrus Skyray

Gwladgarwr Tra Mad
I was recently introduced into anime (well, 6 months ago) and have in that time completed:

Naruto (and Shippuden)
Bleach
FMA
FMA Brotherhood
Code Geass
Zero no Tsukaima
Shakugan no Shana
Tactics

I'm also in the middle of watching Ranma 1/2.

The only anime I found worth watching was Dragon Ball and Inuyasha. Naurto = fail. I tried watching Death Note, was cool at first but became quite emo.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Naruto is very crappy, imo, but let's not get into that..

I've been watching Death Note, Iateteki Ja-Pan, Gurren Lagan and Devil May Cry...

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
I recently finished Ga Rei Zero. I recommend seeing it, but only if you are mature enough, since there is a LOT of blood (so much that it got censored... in Japan!) and the occasional nudity (some of it got censored, not all).

It also is a very nice break from the terrible second season of Haruhi; watch this show instead of that.

linkman8

True and Noble
It also is a very nice break from the terrible second season of Haruhi; watch this show instead of that.
Yeah, what's going on with the second season of Haruhi Suzumiya? I watched Haruhi Suzumiya's first season and loved it, and now I'm up to the 7th episode on the second season and I'm thinking, "They had better have something absolutely epic happen to save their skins."

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Finished animes:
Inuyasha
Fullmetal Alchemist (I might have said that earlier, but I can't remember. =P)
Death Note
Chrome Shelled Regios
Tsubasa Chronicles
MAR/Marchen Awakens Romance
DBZ

I started watching:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Valkyria Chronicles
Lucky Star (My second attempt)

I've also started watching Bleach, One Piece, Naruto Shippuden, and Zatch Bell again.

D

Deleted member 121

Hmm... I watch anime, I was quite the otaku at one time.
I Prefer Subbed Anime but, there are few series I like better Dubbed.

I think that My Absolute Favorite Series By A Very Long Shot and Of All Time or at least until I see one I like more... IS... Code Geass R1 and R2. Especially R2. I even named my Gamertag after R2.

My favorite Genres are Comedy, Action-Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction, and Mecha

The Series I watched most recently is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann which has to be my second favorite.
Genres are Mecha, Action, Adventure and Comedy-Drama

I give the Series a 9.5 out of ten. I only took the .5 off because of the extremely cheesy Mecha battles which aren't bad but seemingly impossible things happen during them which is what I didn't like. i.e. weapons appearing from no where etc.

A few other Animes I liked:
Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden (one of my favorites)
Bleach (one of my favorites)
OutLaw Star (my favorite older anime)
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note ( I only Liked the 1st half, I kinda lost track not long after. But the last few episodes were epic!)
Kanon
School Rumble (I liked season 2 the best)
(All) Full Metal Panic!
FullMetal Alchemist
Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi (seemed incomplete)
Clannad and Clannad AfterStory
Lucky Star (I liked the hilarious "Lucky Channel" bit at the end of each episode the most)
Samurai X
Etc. I couldn't name all the ones I liked even if I tried

I switched to Naruto and Bleach Manga because I got tired of filler.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Excellent. Another - , Wait, what do you mean second attempt?! :P

I've been watching the second season of Haruhi Suzumiya but it's hard when I have to wait for new episodes to be subbed. I'm thinking about watching like Rozen Maiden or something in my off time.

Heh. I watched the first couple of episodes several months ago, and then went on a retreat for a week right after that. And by the time I started watching anime again, I was catching up on Bleach. =P So I'm getting back into it again.

Even though it's a really girly anime, I find the random conversations and such hilarious. Not to mention the Lucky Channel at the end. The show usually gives me a good laugh when I watch it. =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom