• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime!

linkman8

True and Noble
So you like mecha anime ? xD Well here are some of mah fav's:

Black Lagoon - Finished
Bleach - Watching
Fullmetal Alchemist - Finished ( watching fma 2 brotherhood now ).
DB/DBZ/DBGT - Finished ( when I was young xD ).
Fate/Stay night - Finished ( pwnage, SABER! ).
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2924/ef_-_a_tale_of_memories.ef - a tale of memories ( great anime ).
Code Geass ( freaking plottwists...grrrr ).

Meh I think I should make a MAL http://myanimelist.net to keep my anime ^^".
Yeah maybe I should make one of those lists as well. I can't always keep all of my shows straight.
And lo and behold! Another Fate/Stay Night fan! Excellent. :P

And as a report, I started the first season of Haruhi Suzumiya.

M

:.:Mikki:.:

Well, I love Anime. =D

I read Negima.

I also watch Azumanga Daioh, Code Geass, Death Note, and InuYasha.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I envy you. I've wanted that manga for the longest time. :P
And then you've also seen Azumanga Daioh, which I still need to watch...

Oh, and I'm about half way through the first season of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I LOVE it.

I told you so :D

Currently i'm watching some ongoing anime like, 07-ghost, pandora hearts, Asura cryin, K-ON.

And since i didn't posted for quite a while here.
Lemee update of what i watched after my last post here.

Kyo no Gononi
Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei
Zoku Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei
Goku Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei *
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Serial Experiments Lain
Ga-Rei -Zero-
Ima, Sokoni Iru Boku
Witch Hunter Robin
Aria the Animation
Aria the Natural
Aria the OVA ~Arietta~
Aria the Origination
Hanaukyo Maid Team: La Verite
Mushi-Uta

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
I tried watching K-On since there has been a huge Japanese craze over it (and thus a huge American craze over it by those who wish they were Japanese) and I honestly found it painful to watch. I had to force myself to sit down through two episodes and I even tried the third but I felt that my brain was going to melt. I felt the same way at first with Lucky Star as well, although that improved with me. I think it's just because they put too much moe and not even close to enough story in it. I just want to know from someone who watches that if it will continue on its little moe spree or if it actually will get into music bits and story, because if not I find it really sad that Japan got crazed over that.

linkman8

True and Noble
I actually stumbled upon K-ON one day when I was looking for episodes to Haruhi Suzumiya. I clicked one of the episodes by mistake, thinking it was the one I was looking for, (it was mislabeled. XD) and I ended up watching 2 minutes of an episode in the middle of K-ON. To be honest, though, it looked good. :)

M

:.:Mikki:.:

I envy you. I've wanted that manga for the longest time. :P
And then you've also seen Azumanga Daioh, which I still need to watch...

Oh, and I'm about half way through the first season of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I LOVE it.

I'm also reading Haruhi Suzumiya. =P

Pretty good anime if you tell me.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Out of curiousity... have any of you ever seen the older anime, Record of Lodoss War? The artwork, while a much older style, is still quite beautiful. It was released in the early 90's, so yes, it's quite cheesy. Still it has an amazing story, beautiful designs, and wonderful characters. One of the main reasons I love it so much is because the main characters look like, guess..... ZELDA characters! Deedlit is very similar to Princess Zelda, Parn is much like the classic Link, and Emperor Beld looks (and acts) like Ganondorf. If you haven't seen it, I definitely suggest it!

linkman8

True and Noble
Out of curiousity... have any of you ever seen the older anime, Record of Lodoss War? The artwork, while a much older style, is still quite beautiful. It was released in the early 90's, so yes, it's quite cheesy. Still it has an amazing story, beautiful designs, and wonderful characters. One of the main reasons I love it so much is because the main characters look like, guess..... ZELDA characters! Deedlit is very similar to Princess Zelda, Parn is much like the classic Link, and Emperor Beld looks (and acts) like Ganondorf. If you haven't seen it, I definitely suggest it!
That's interesting. No, I've never actually seen (or even heard) of that show before, but I'll have to look into it at some point.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
I think everyone likes Anime to some degree :)

I'm currently watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Gundam Seed. Cowboy Bebop is next on my list ^_^

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I think everyone likes Anime to some degree :)

I used to hate anime when I was quite a bit younger. I watched DBZ and Gundam Wing on Cartoon Network and I thought they were the dumbest shows ever. It took a friend to have me watch Spirited Away with her to actually see that anime actually had a storyline and was intriguing.

linkman8

True and Noble
I used to hate anime when I was quite a bit younger. I watched DBZ and Gundam Wing on Cartoon Network and I thought they were the dumbest shows ever. It took a friend to have me watch Spirited Away with her to actually see that anime actually had a storyline and was intriguing.
People that don't usually watch anime are usually of the opinion that all anime is the same. I would guess that was the same with you at some point, where you thought after seeing DBZ and Gundam Wing, that it was all lame. People tend to generalize with things they aren't exposed to. One of my friends is like that.

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
Well to be fair, most anime is the same (like most reality TV shows). It's just that Miyazaki is a genius.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Well to be fair, most anime is the same (like most reality TV shows). It's just that Miyazaki is a genius.
Watch more anime. Really, it's rare to find anime that is the same. Unlike the western world, Japan uses animation in EVERYTHING- comedy, romance, sci-fi, horror, mystery, etc. The west uses it mainly for the kids (and/or comedy) and shows more interest in CG and realism. Just as we have a buttload of different shows and movies for different genres, so does Japan... but they are more willing to put their artists to work instead of focusing mainly on hiring actors.

Miyazaki is a genius, but he's not the only one. Katsuhiro Otomo is another creative genius, as is Osamu Tezuka (whom you can thank for anime/manga).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom