• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime!

linkman8

True and Noble
Oh, OK. I'll probably wait too, then. I don't like to watch something half way through. :)
I've also thought about watching Rozen Maiden. I don't know if it's good or not; have you ever watched it, Oni?

Amelie

Air Dancer
The begining of the first episode creeped me out... but... Im actually waiting to see what happens next. I never thought I would really like Anime.. but.. I love the art!

I wonder how much time it takes for people to make all of that? The characters are soo cute how there eyes close when they talk sometimes. Like the pregnant lady in TP ^^

Fullmetal Alchemist is my favorite anime of all time. And yes, the storyline is actually completely different than the one in the manga, but it's still amazing.

I recommend seeing the whole series, actually. But as for my favorites, I'd recommend the assault on Lab 5, as well as the whole arc used in the last episodes. It's somewhere between six and twelve episodes, I think.

I agree with you linkman8.

So, i just finished Kaiji
Damn this is quite a rare genre.

Currently watching Moribito.
A historical-fictional anime, i love these kinda genres.
I caught a few episodes of Moribito. I loved it as well. I'm hoping to see the rest soon...

Not the best anime in my opinion, nonetheless, pretty good. I liked the manga much better, but I still liked it for the interesting, and entertaining storyline. I also like the sense of humor that it contained.

Moreover, I thought it was "deeper", or at least more involved, than some other animes I've seen. I think it the beginning is a bit 'eh', but becomes much better, 'evolves', if you will, later on. I liked the character development, too.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Oh, OK. I'll probably wait too, then. I don't like to watch something half way through. :)
I've also thought about watching Rozen Maiden. I don't know if it's good or not; have you ever watched it, Oni?
Well yeah i have read it at wiki (always check info about it before watching)
But the episodes are hard to find. :kawaii:

I caught a few episodes of Moribito. I loved it as well. I'm hoping to see the rest soon...

Yes its a really great anime, i never expected it that it had a good storyline.
But all the episodes are already out.
Click on this link to watch all episodes!

Amelie

Air Dancer
I have been watching some of Full Metal Alchemist and its really the first anime I have really watched

I like it lots. The art is interesting and Im started to understand it the more I watch of it ^^

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
We already have a anime thread
Threads merged.

If we allow a thread of every single anime you can name, we need a new section.

havn't posted here for a while, finished watching:
Cromartie High School
Legend of Basara
Flame of Recca
Shura no Toki
Mermaid Forest
Shonen Onmyouji <---Awsome!
Mokke
Tales of Agriculture
Fruits Basket <---Awsome!

Currently watching:
Allison & Lillia

Ow yeah for all of you Full Metal Alchemist fans, i saw an article somewhere that they going to fully animate the manga of FMA. So there is going to be a new animation of FMA.
I don't know if its a sequel or something but its called, Fullmetal Alchemist (TV 2)
And this one will have 51 episodes.

F

FalseDestiny

I watch Naruto, Bleach, Death Note (really hated the last episode though), Samurai Deeper Kyo, Gundam (Gundam Wing was my favorite so far), Tenchi Muyo, Tenjho Tenge, Tokko (really awesome), Elfen Lied, Evangelion, Outlaw Star (also a favorite), Dragonball series (didn't care for GT and liked Z best), Speed Grapher, Basilisk, Inyuasha, Gokusen (only a few episodes and found it to be extremely boring), Sayuki Reload, Vandread, Mirage of the Blaze (it was fair), Desert Punk, Black Lagoon, Hellsing (I am liking Ultimate even better), Fullmetal Alchemist, Gunslinger Girl, Ergo Proxy, FLCL, Blood +, Ghost in the Shell ( SAC as well), Virus Buster Surge, Noein, Gurren Lagann, Yu-gi-Oh, Cowboy Bebop, Wichblade (also in my favorites), Samuri 7, Wolf's Rain (another favorite), Blood Trinity, Street Fighter II (it was never finished which disappointed me but it was fairly good), Hell girl, and possibly some other ones that I cannot remember the name of right now.

The new FMA is supposed to go more like the manga of so I have heard

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FalseDestiny

I definitely agree with linkman8
age shouldn't be a factor in if you like anime or not

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Hmm... I don't know where you all stand on the whole dubbed verses subbed thing (with the exception of you, Oni), but I like both. I like subtitles just fine, and I appreciate the original material, but at the same time, I like to focus more on what's going on, and be able to comprehend what is being heard in my own language. With that said, I am currently watching the dub of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2. It's absolutely amazing. One of the best, if not the best, anime's I've ever had the pleasure of watching. If any of you anime fans here haven't seen Code Geass, I suggest you pick it up right away.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Hmm... I don't know where you all stand on the whole dubbed verses subbed thing (with the exception of you, Oni), but I like both. I like subtitles just fine, and I appreciate the original material, but at the same time, I like to focus more on what's going on, and be able to comprehend what is being heard in my own language. With that said, I am currently watching the dub of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2. It's absolutely amazing. One of the best, if not the best, anime's I've ever had the pleasure of watching. If any of you anime fans here haven't seen Code Geass, I suggest you pick it up right away.

It depends if the subs suit with the characters.
For instance, the subs for Gundam Wing and Dragonball Z are well made.
In fact i do not like the original voices of Dragonball Z.

But most of the time i watched subbed. Its not that i'm tottaly against dub, but most of the time the dub sucks. At least that is my opinion.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
but most of the time the dub sucks.

That is the case with a lot of dubs. But as of late, they're getting better and better at it, and they're actually really good quality dubs now.

Code Geass
Bleach
Fullmetal Alchemist
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit

All very well done dubs, for example. The problem that with dubs, that I've noticed, is that a lot of the voices sound forced. Almost like they're trying way too hard to sound like the original VA. But when they don't do that, the voices are superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom