• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I like Death Note, Serial Experiments Lain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Ghost in the Shell.

I tend to like things with a sociological and psychological overtone, with a bit of technology and and a good plot thrown in.

But I've watched all of them already... I'm looking for more along the lines of those, I suppose.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I only watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I don't got much time these days to watch a lot of shows, but theres something about FMA :P

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
lol I used to love anime as a child now I just kinda grew out of it.

anyways I still remeber all about my favorite series:

1. Dragon Ball and DBZ(all the meaning of my life was to never miss an episode)
2. Pokemon up to the second generation
3. Yu Gi Oh
4. and the first 20 or 30 episodes of Naruto
I also liked a little bit of evrything we had but,Thats my childhood right there!
anyways nowadays the animes Ive recently watched and enjoyed(lol by recently I mean Last spring XD)
Elfen Lied(Pretty Graphic)
Rosy Vampire( did I got the name right)
Bleach(My brother was watching it...)

linkman8

True and Noble
I finished Kurokami since I last posted. It was a decent show, all things considered. Then I watched Sora no Otoshimono, which had a better art style, but was just plain weird for the first 4 episodes. It got better as I progressed though. Finally, at the moment I'm watching Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, which is surprisingly a really good show with a good plotline. It does act kind of silly sometimes though.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Clannad was an interesting one. Had the stereotypical sweet-girl, overly-strong girl, boy-who-can't-choose-between-girls, etc, but it still had a really incredibly touching story to it. For the first half, anyway.

This girl gets hit by a car before her sister's wedding, and so her sister doesn't want to get married because she feels like if the younger sister can't have a normal, happy life, then neither should she. However, the girl hit by the car is in a coma, and so she is a ghost for a while at a high school her sister used to work at. She carves starfish all day and hands them out to people as wedding invitations for her sister because she wants her sister to get married but has no way of telling her. The main characters help her out, blah blah blah, the sister is able to see her sister's ghost for a short moment on the wedding day. I suck at descriptions, but it made me cry. ;o

linkman8

True and Noble
Clannad was a show that I had originally put on my "Plan to Watch" list, because it looked interesting and everyone talked about it. I've just gotta look up how many episodes it is. (I really don't like watching extremely long shows. Blech has like 300 episodes or something)

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Clannad was a show that I had originally put on my "Plan to Watch" list, because it looked interesting and everyone talked about it. I've just gotta look up how many episodes it is. (I really don't like watching extremely long shows. Blech has like 300 episodes or something)
Clannad is only like 23 eps, I think.... but, after that, you can choose to watch the sequel, which is around the same amount I think. Haven't watched the sequel series yet.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
(I really don't like watching extremely long shows. Blech has like 300 episodes or something)
You can skip just about half of Bleach. Most of it is filler, and it's complete garbage. The canon material is what it's all about.

Edit:
Holy crap, Nicktoons Network picked up Dragonball Kai. This... is really surprising.

Last edited:
I use to watch anime a lot, but my room lacks cable now, so I don't get the chance to watch it. I think my favorite anime would have to either be Dragon Ball Z, or Sailor Moon. Those were the first two I saw when I was young.

With Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon aside, I also watch Full Metal Alchemist, Zatch Bell, InuYasha, Shin Chan, and Bobobo-Bo-bo-bobo. I used to watch Naruto, Pokemon and Digimon. I'll still watch Pokemon and Naruto sometime. I also wanted to get into Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and Love Hina. I've seen like the first four episodes to Love Hina and Code Geass just looks like something I can get into.

Edit: I forgot about One Piece, Hamtaro and Yu-Gi-Oh. I also watched those.

Last edited:

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Caleb and I finished watching Inuyasha the other day. Last night we started Inuyasha: The Final Act. Wow, it gets really intense really fast! I can't wait to watch the next ones :)

Len

Zelda On Paper
ah, the beautiful animation of japan, yes. all i have watched/watching right now, my list.
Futakoi
Rosen maiden
Chrno crusade
Zombie loan
one piece
Futakoi alternative
Sakura card captor
K-on
Sayers
Naruto
Death note
Fairy tail
my favorite is Fairy tail because of its humor and story, i haven't seen it all, but its getting interesting.

linkman8

True and Noble
I finished Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, which was a great show. It was very funny, and I loved the ESB's.
I'm also about half-way through Clannad, and so far it's beautifully told, and has made me laugh and almost cry. Fuko is my favorite character so far.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I've been reading a certain manga, Bride of the Water God, that is actually very well done. It's a Korean manga/comic, so it reads left to right unlike Japanese anime. The art.... is simply breath taking. The artist draws a lot of cultural articles like sashes and head ornaments in a very detailed manner. On top of that, it's like a mix between an adaptation of a Korean mythological story and an original piece. It's very centered around romance, but when you get into it, you find that the plot is incredibly developed, there are many, MANY twists, and the characters are brilliant. It has action, drama, romance, and it has a very fantasy feel to it. I'm glad I picked it up.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Anime is cool stuff and I watch a lot of it, but you gotta know what kind you like or you'll just end up watching something perverted or girly (not that it's bad)... I have watched a few anime about love and relationship stuff. But seriously, if you know what kind of shows you like there's probably an amine for it. Also It depends on how long your willing to watch a show. Some of the series can run up to 200+ episodes while other are only 6 episodes long.

There's a movie called Cencoroll that is a wicked anime movie, and it's only 30 minutes long. If you don't know what animme is all about I suggest you watch this short masterpiece. It's everything that an anime should be (kind of like pokemon lol)

For the music lovers there's Beck and Detroit Metal City, and for the Action lovers there's DBZ, Naruto, Bleach,
If you like samurai then check out Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7, Afro Samurai and many others.
try Tokko or 11Eyes if your into monsters
True Tears is a good love story and so is Lunar Legends (it's more about the action/fighting though)
Some awesome movies would be Akira, Tales of Earthsea, Perfect Blue, and Princess Mononoke.
an for something a little different try Airgear, Bakemonogatari, Wolf's Rain and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni =P http://www.animespree.com/category/higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom