• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime!

linkman8

True and Noble
True Tears is a good love story and so is Lunar Legends (it's more about the action/fighting though)
Some awesome movies would be Akira, Tales of Earthsea, Perfect Blue, and Princess Mononoke.
an for something a little different try Airgear, Bakemonogatari, Wolf's Rain and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni =P http://www.animespree.com/category/higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni/
Yeah, I watched True Tears, and that was a pretty good love story, but I didn't like how it ended. I thought he went with the wrong girl.
But I think you're right, it depends on what you're into. People shouldn't just try to put anime in a box and label it all the same when there are so many different genres. I'll be honest, I don't always like the fighting shows. I hate Bleach with a passion, but I love Shakugan no Shana. It seems to me that if there's a love story involved, and there's a good amount of comedy, I'll usually like it if it's well written.

Sometimes though you want to think outside of the box, you know? Like I had watched like 8 love-based comedy shows in a row, and I felt I needed a break so I watched Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Great Show. So yeah, it depends on your mood too.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
:cry: Waaaaaaah, I'm sad that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood only has two episodes left. It's hard to imagine a world without FMA. Going to be an intense ending though.

Austin

Austin
I finished the first season of Kodomo no Jikan recently, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's able to get over some lolicon undertones. If you can get past it there's some incredible characters and conflicts that are more than worth the oddity. Beyond that, I really liked the first twenty-five or so episodes of Death Note and most of Chobits.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I started watching a movie titled The Place Promised in Our Early Days. I have to say, it's absolutely wonderful. I was really drawn in by the incredible artwork... I mean, I was seriously in awe. The characters are all pretty neat, and there are bits and pieces that alude to the fact that this anime is something much more than what it seems. It really shows innocense of characters and their surroundings in younger days, and when you see them as adults... well, you find that the world is much more.

The movie, aside from touching on some minor tones of loss, rebirth, and even paranoia, gets incredibly detailed with the overall plot. It brings up the theory of alternative universes, and gives it something fresh by describing those universes as being part of this universe's dreams. Yes, the universe dreams in this movie, just like people dream. It takes place in Japan after WWII, and the separation of north and south causes a lot of problems. Conflicting government inssues only make obtaining this new scientific information all the more troubling.

There is a girl introduced as a child in the beginning who has bouts of sleep where she sees things.. premonitions. She falls into a coma for many years, and brain scans show that she is having a very, very long dream. Scientists believe she may be linked to the universe's dreams, locking her in an alternate universe, alone, and unable to wake up.

......I recommend it. :>

I really am not heavily interested in anime, but there were a few shows I really, really used to love, that I can actually still appreciate even now: Tenchi Universe and Outlaw Star. I don't really like Outlaw Star as much as I used to, but after revisiting with the Tenchi universe a little bit, I remember why I loved it so much - Washu blows things up like crazy and there are just so many funny moments I can't help but still like some of it. And I liked the first season of Pokemon, but I hate all the new stuff.

My three favoirte anime is as follows (from most to least) Full Metal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann, and Death Note. I am kind of interested in bleach, but do not really like it. I also like Fruit Basket. It is a little girly, but it is realy interesting and funny. I watched others that were not really that good.

@alikeni Pokemon is not an anime.

13foxes

I have many favorite anime, and I can't remember them all, but here are some of them (in no particular order): Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood), Bleach, Naruto Shippuden, Gurren Lagann, Death Note, Inuyasha (the Final Act), Yu Yu Hakuso, Ranma 1/2, Fate/ Stay night, Black Cat, The law of Ueki, Rurouni Kenshin (also called Samurai X),.....IMO, those are some very good shonen anime. I'm not interested much in shoujo anime, but still, some of them are pretty good, like Tsubasa: Reservior chronicle or Cardcaptor Sakura (I'm a fan of Clamp). Is anyone here love anime/manga too? It's so hard to find someone like me so that everyone wouldn't call me a weirdo. :<

I lvoe manga. (Sad I did not think of Brotherhood.) How many episodes of brotherhood is there? I think ive seen somewhere between 15-20. I love how brotherhood is like the manga. The 2006 show was nothing like it and when I read the manga I was like "What?!?!?!". I actualy have only seenthe first episeod in english. The rest were subtitles.

linkman8

True and Noble
Hm, where do I start.. Lately I've watched a number of shows. At the moment I'm watching To Aru Majutsu no Index, which is actually pretty good, but it's getting a little complicated. I also watched Ichigo Mashimaro, which is essentially very similar to Azumanga Daiyoh, except the girls are in 5th and 6th grade. It's actually pretty funny surprisingly.
I also rewatched my favorite show Shakugan no Shana, because I got the DVD's for it.

I recently started Death Note. I find this anime very interesting. I'm at episode 18 right now. I also plan on maybe starting Bleach, since that also looks like an interesting anime, but I'll do that after I finish Death Note.

Edit: What am I talking about? I still need to watch Code Geass, so I'll watch that after Death Note, then Bleach.

Last edited:

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Well, I know this show won't have any new episodes coming out soon, but I have to say I love Keroro Gunso more than any other anime.I love watching old episodes of it. But I do enjoy Fullmetal Alchemist a lot, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom