• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime!

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
finished watrching:
Mugen no Jūnin
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the Abyss
Natsume Yūjin-Chō
Zoku Natsume Yūjin-Chō
Maria Holic
Kagihime Monogatari - Eikyuu Alice Rondo
Rideback
Casshern Sins
Linebarrels of Iron
Kuro****suji
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Linkman8, i really reccomend you Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. you will like it. its only 12 eps but there will be also a second season.

linkman8

True and Noble
finished watrching:
Mugen no Jūnin
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the Abyss
Natsume Yūjin-Chō
Zoku Natsume Yūjin-Chō
Maria Holic
Kagihime Monogatari - Eikyuu Alice Rondo
Rideback
Casshern Sins
Linebarrels of Iron
Kuro****suji
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Linkman8, i really reccomend you Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. you will like it. its only 12 eps but there will be also a second season.

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, huh? That's a mouthful. :)
But thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely watch it. You've never steered me wrong before.
And I can't say I really have an update right now, considering I'm probably the slowest anime watcher you'll ever witness, but I'm on like episode 18 of Toradora!.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I finished Utawarerumono. And I'm almost done with Inuyasha.

And I just started watching:
Code Geass
Afro Samurai
Hajiame no Ippo
Lucky Star
Devil May Cry

I also watched the first episode of Dragon Ball Kai, but it was no different from the original. Except for the fact the japanese dub was terrible. So I probably won't spend any time watching the rest of it. I know it's supposed to be different, and that it's going to follow the original manga more closely, but still. I never really cared for the DBZ series anyhoo.

I also picked One Piece, Bleach, and Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo back up.

Guardian

The Chosen One
I watch Naruto and Bleach. I also read the manga for both of them. They are really good animes in my opinion. And if anyone is a first timer to anime i recommend them to watch any of the two listed.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I finished Utawarerumono. And I'm almost done with Inuyasha.

And I just started watching:
Code Geass
Afro Samurai
Hajiame no Ippo
Lucky Star
Devil May Cry

I also watched the first episode of Dragon Ball Kai, but it was no different from the original. Except for the fact the japanese dub was terrible. So I probably won't spend any time watching the rest of it. I know it's supposed to be different, and that it's going to follow the original manga more closely, but still. I never really cared for the DBZ series anyhoo.

I also picked One Piece, Bleach, and Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo back up.

I checked out Utawarerumono and its a really cool anime. I just finished it. Including the extra 4 episodes.
I really liked the stroyline and sense of humor of this one.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
sheesz oni, you have a lot of spare time to check all those animes.

Don't laugh, but I started watching Yu-gi-oh season 1 in english and I've never heard such bad voice acting (seriously, even the dutch version is a lot better -.-), but I enjoyed it so far

linkman8

True and Noble

Don't laugh, but I started watching Yu-gi-oh season 1 in english and I've never heard such bad voice acting (seriously, even the dutch version is a lot better -.-), but I enjoyed it so far
No, that's not laughable, I used to watch Yugioh as well. It used to be a really great show (Like when it wasn't Yugioh GX and whatnot). However, us in America don't have much of a choice when it comes to voice-overs, so we had English all the time. The only voice that was pretty good was adult Yugi, imo.

As a report, I finished Toradora!. Good show, all in all.
So now soon I'll be starting the show Oni pointed out. :)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
No, that's not laughable, I used to watch Yugioh as well. It used to be a really great show (Like when it wasn't Yugioh GX and whatnot). However, us in America don't have much of a choice when it comes to voice-overs, so we had English all the time. The only voice that was pretty good was adult Yugi, imo.

As a report, I finished Toradora!. Good show, all in all.
So now soon I'll be starting the show Oni pointed out. :)

Lol, well if i come across with a good one, then i will sure post it here and reccomend it to ya. But you also do the same for me ok?

for instance, Hylian hobbit said that he watched Utawarerumono.
I never heard of the title, so i googled it and watched it. So yes, sharing titles you watched is the main purpose of this thread :P

linkman8

True and Noble
Lol, well if i come across with a good one, then i will sure post it here and reccomend it to ya. But you also do the same for me ok?

for instance, Hylian hobbit said that he watched Utawarerumono.
I never heard of the title, so i googled it and watched it. So yes, sharing titles you watched is the main purpose of this thread :P
Of course, of course. However, I don't watch as many as you do, but even so, I'll still keep an eye out.
I know you've seen Fate/Stay Night, but have you seen Shakugan no Shana? I can't remember. If you haven't, then I'd definitely recommend it, along with Shakugan no Shana-tan as well. Shana-tan is pretty funny, even if they are short.

J

JAPPO

I enjoy Bleach, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Inuyasha, Akira, Death Note and a few others.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I recently watched an anime movie called Origin: Spirits of the Past. It was pretty intriguing. I had to re watch the beginning to understand what was happening, though!

I used to love Yu-Gi-Oh!, although I lost interest at some point. Yu-Gi-Oh GX was okay, but I never really watched much of it.

The new series looks like crap, though. They duel on motorcycles now. >.<

Anyway... yeah, the acting as well as some of the dialogue can be kind of bad, but it's fairly entertaining. I might recommend looking up "Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series" on Youtube. I never watched too much of it, but what I did watch was pretty amusing. :xd:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
So much anime, so little time.

A smattering of my favorites, by genre:

Space Western:

TRIGUN (Longtime favorite, I'm somewhat "known" in what's left of the internet fandom).

Cowboy Bebop

Gun x Sword

Fantasy:

Haibane Renmei (if you haven't heard of it and don't mind something that's all introspection with no action, check this out. It is one of THE most beautiful pieces of fiction I have EVER experienced).

The Tweleve Kingdoms

Fullmetal Alchemist

F

FalseDestiny

I found out not to long ago that Akira is going to be made into a live action movie and so is Neon Genesis Evangelion. By the looks of Evangelion that one is going to be good. As for Akira all I have seen on it is the motorcycle which looks exacly like it did in the anime. And after Akira the same group is going to make a live action of Ninja Scroll.

linkman8

True and Noble
You've gotta be careful with live action movies sometimes though. I usually take them with a grain of salt, or so to speak. They've been good in the past, like for example the Death Note live action films were decent; but there have also been some pretty poor ones. Look at the newest one: Dragonball Evolutions or whatever it's called. Biggest flop in DB history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom