• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime That Made You Cry

Has an anime ever made you cry?

• Yes

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Almost

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Pen

The game is on!
All of us anime fans out there know how much certain anime can affect the viewers. If they're really well made they might even cause us to shed a tear or two. Obviously these potential tears can be caused by many different things. They can be tears of sadness, tears of joy, or maybe your eyes become watery from seeing something very beautiful that touches you deeply. I know I've experienced all these different kinds of tears while watching anime and I was wondering if any of you people have too. Perhaps you've cried because of a reason I failed to mention here.

I'll start by sharing some. The most I've ever cried from an anime was while watching Clannad (more specifically Clannad: Afterstory). I don't wanna go into details and spoilers for anyone who has yet to watch it, but this anime is the saddest one I've ever watched (at least in its second season). It's brilliant and I think it's great, but it gets incredibly sad. I cried rivers watching it, and even in between episodes I could start thinking of what happened in the anime, and that could make me tear up too. Honestly I felt so ridiculous. XD Anyway, that's my most notable instance of when anime has made me cry. Please share your stories if you want. ^^

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
Yeah, the end of the Chimera Ant arc during Hunter x Hunter between Meruem and Komugi. I bawled lol.

If there's anything Hunter x Hunter does awesomely, it was how it treats its villains. I always found the arc between Meruem and Komugi to be quite engaging, and dare I say it, it actually made me feel some sympathy for the guy, even if he's one of the most dastardly folks of all time!

Regarding my own anime endeavors, I don't recall ever crying intensely over anything I've seen, but I've definitely had my emotions run high plenty of times. I have to give it to Naruto for throwing me in for a loop where I was choked up and began to really tear up! It was this scene below:

Mido in 2015 said:
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is one game I would not initially expect to move me to tears, but it did, and it did so in spades! It's plethora of cutscenes allowed for the lore to be presented as a quick, flowing narrative. Then, it happened. An hour-long cutscene detailing the events preceding Naruto's birth and the fox attack had me reeling.

I posted this in the video games counterpart to this thread. Now I'm technically cheating with this since I watched it in the game, but since the anime is notorious for being filler-happy, I decided to make it count just this once if you all don't mind! ;) I am also admittedly a sucker for a good, old-fashioned anime romance, so emotions tend to roll around a bit there as well as a general thing.

Cowboy bebop gives me the feels, not cry level and so did Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

D

Deleted member 14134

I'm not a crier but Steins Gate and Cowboy Bebop had "feels" moments.

Yes, Saikano (aka She, The Ultimate Weapon) its soul destroying, heart breaking and spirit crushing.

Also, 5cm Per Second, because i can relate to the story, the film itself is beautiful and Shinkai is a directorial and creative genius.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
the plural of anime is anime

anyway, no, but plenty have brought me close, especially Clannad: After Story, particularly the scene in the field. The ending of the VN G Senjou no Maou made me choke up. Happy/bittersweet moments do it to me more than sad ones.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Thanks! I'll remember that. It felt kinda weird putting the s at the end but I wasn't sure how to write it. I'll correct myself. ^^
Japanese nouns don't have plural forms, just for future reference.

Reactions: Pen

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Obviously Clannad made me cry. There was also a few part in Fairy Tail that made me tear up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom