• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime Suggestions?

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Bleach: Pretty obvious. It can get very repetitive and annoying, but overall is good.
Kannazuki no Miko: I don't know if your into yuri, but if you are, this is awesome. Dark and angst filled, but a great show all around
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood: It's pretty beast.
Shuffle: Hilarious, with drama mixed in.
Suzuka: It's okay. Not the best, but has a nice serious story line with comedy mixed in. And romance. Lots of it.

I know you're asking for anime, but I can;t resist adding my favorite manga in there. Pieta is an awesome manga, with two volumes. It focuses on emotional pain and people to help you through it. I loved it.

MW7

The original Dragonball. Nuff said.

Seconded. I'm not a big anime fan, but I loved Dragon Ball Z growing up. Now I'm watching Dragon Ball and realizing that I love it more than its sequel series. It's really funny (dirty too), and since you've seen DBZ then you can discover the origin of most of the characters.

Also I'm not too far in but from what I've seen there's a lot less filler than what was in DBZ. At the very least there's nothing as bad as a certain villian saying the world will explode in 5 minutes followed by 5 episodes of drawn out fighting (20 minutes each). Also it doesn't have the classic "characters wondering when Goku will get there" plot for entire episodes (as far as I know since I'm not done watching it).

Last edited:

bunny

birb overlord
Bleach and Naruto. Bleach is by far my favorite anime, but just to forewarn you, it has the tendency to stretch things out... a lot. Though that doesn't stop it from being one of the best animes out there! If you have an iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, etc., you can download a free app that lets you watch all the episodes for free. ^^

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Anime suggestions? Hmm, well, I would say Dragonball Z. I love that show. I'm not a big fan or anything, but I love Mermaid Melody Pitchy Pitch Pitch. I'm not a huge anime fan to watch. I don't watch that much Anime shows. I'll sometimes watch them on YouTube. I enjoy watching these two shows only. I haven't watched any recent ones.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Bleach and Naruto. Bleach is by far my favorite anime, but just to forewarn you, it has the tendency to stretch things out... a lot. Though that doesn't stop it from being one of the best animes out there! If you have an iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, etc., you can download a free app that lets you watch all the episodes for free. ^^

I hate these two anime. i watched them, never again will I ever do so. xD

if you've watched Angel Beats and Clanned, I think you'll like Kanon 2006 and Air (Kanon 2006 is better in my opinion, but they are both good anime), they are from the same producers. Kanon and Air have both less than 25 episodes, so there are no fillers etc. and they aren't too long.

Other anime I think are worth watching:
- Fairy Tail
- Ghost Hunt
you've already watched most of the other anime I would recommend ;)

Edit:
Have you ever heared of 5 centimeters per second? it's à really good anime movie, it's a movie, so it's not more than one hour.

You should take a look at the trailer (it's a very short one):

[video=youtube_share;iKbfwX-AqRY]http://youtu.be/iKbfwX-AqRY[/video]
I always wanted to watch those two, but I have had trouble finding them! Where could I get these. I usually go to best buy to buy anime but theres never any of these.

Ghost in the Shell
The Higurashi series (or When They Cry as it's better known in America) - but only if you're up to a horror/violent/bloody series
Anything FMA related
Cowboy Bebop - anyone who likes anime should watch this
FLCL

Whats FLCL and Cowboy Beepop about?

If you've seen Durarara!!, you've gotta see Baccano!. It's written by the same author, and it's very good. Another good one I highly recommend is Fairy Tail. Very entertaining and plenty of action. I also highly recommend Kannagi and The Sacred Blacksmith. Both series are short but very, very good.
Whats Bacanno about?

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Not sure if you'll like this, but you should watch Tokyo Mew Mew interesting show and manga, or Kamichama Karin

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Whats Bacanno about?

Baccano! has the same kind of story structure as Durarara!!; all around and focuses on more than one character(s) at a time, building up to one dramatic conclusion. As for the plot, it's about immortals in the gangster era of the 1930's and... well, I don't want to spoil too much for you. It's really short; 13 episodes with three OVA's. But it is very good, and the English voicing is incredible. They really did the Chicago accents really well, not to mention the foreign accents that some of the characters have. So I recommend watching the English dub here: http://www.justdubs.net/list/series/23 I recommend watching the series at least twice, since it can be kind of confusing. But it is well worth your time.

Last edited:

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I recommend Bakuman(it's great), Air Gear(kind of short though), Soul Eater(original or repeat show), Trigun, and Kateiyoshi Hitman Reborn(it's just so original!)

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I always wanted to watch those two, but I have had trouble finding them! Where could I get these. I usually go to best buy to buy anime but theres never any of these.

Do you mean the manga or the anime? I read the mango of them both on my Ipad, with a manga-app, than it's not difficult to find, and esspecially Fairy Tail is very populair, so it should be in every manga-store. And if you want to watch the anime, I suggest you just google "Fairy Tail/Ghost Hunt anime episode 1 subbed".
How could you not be able to find them? :D Fairy Tail is one of the most populair anime (and esspecially manga, I think the manga-version of FT is better btw)

or did you mean Kanon2006 and Air? You can find them the same way.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Do you mean the manga or the anime? I read the mango of them both on my Ipad, with a manga-app, than it's not difficult to find, and esspecially Fairy Tail is very populair, so it should be in every manga-store. And if you want to watch the anime, I suggest you just google "Fairy Tail/Ghost Hunt anime episode 1 subbed".
How could you not be able to find them? :D Fairy Tail is one of the most populair anime (and esspecially manga, I think the manga-version of FT is better btw)

or did you mean Kanon2006 and Air? You can find them the same way.
Kanon and Air I can't find at all.

Baccano! has the same kind of story structure as Durarara!!; all around and focuses on more than one character(s) at a time, building up to one dramatic conclusion. As for the plot, it's about immortals in the gangster era of the 1930's and... well, I don't want to spoil too much for you. It's really short; 13 episodes with three OVA's. But it is very good, and the English voicing is incredible. They really did the Chicago accents really well, not to mention the foreign accents that some of the characters have. So I recommend watching the English dub here: http://www.justdubs.net/list/series/23 I recommend watching the series at least twice, since it can be kind of confusing. But it is well worth your time.

Thanks dude, It seems great! I'll be sure to watch it and let you know how it is!

Austin

Austin
Whatever Wyatt suggested (except Fullmetal Alchemist that's just terrible) along with these, organized in no particular order. If you don't watch it with subtitles you shouldn't bother watching it at all.

- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
- Azumanga Daioh
- Usagi Drop
- Mawaru Penguindrum
- Bakemonogatari
- Nisemonogatari (still airing)
- Ichigo Mashimaro
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Lucky Star
- Working!!
- Yosuga no Sora
- Yuru Yuri
- Rozen Maiden
- Toradora
- Sora no Otoshimono
- Shinryaku! Ika Musume
- Mitsudomoe
- Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
- Morita-san wa Mukuchi

Good enough for now. No further responses will be necessary in this thread, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom