• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime recommendations

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I am interested in watching more anime and I'm looking for some suggestions. Here are the animes that I have watched:

Sailor Moon, aggretsuko, inuyasha, Tenchi Muyo, studio ghibli films, cardcaptor sakura. I have tried watching Dragon Ball Z, but I didn't really enjoy it.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
My top recommendations for anime would be:

Steins;Gate - Sci-fi/thriller. Starts slow, but picks up quickly and is rather intense overall. An amazing cast of characters and great plot overall. A masterpiece.

Toradora, Kaguya-sama: Love is War, Horimiya - All romcom/slice-of-life. Toradora and Horimiya lean more heavily into the romance side of things, Kaguya-sama is more comedy. All of them are equally great, IMO, and they're really easy to get into as well. Nothing too over-the-top for the most part. Toradora is a personal favorite of mine.

I would say that's a pretty good start. You've seen some all-time classic series already.

For my two cents, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Yu Yu Hakusho are two action anime you would enjoy more than DBZ, since the characters are a lot more fleshed out overall and have some emotional backstories. The fighting is also top notch in both of them.

For the magical girl anime category, I feel like Kill la Kill does a good job parodying some of its aspects. It is definitely a lot more action heavy than something like Sailor Moon, though, and it has quite a bit of nudity so be warned.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Fate/Zero, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heavens Feel movie trilogy: Masters and Servants are pit against each other in the bid to be the first to summon an all-powerful Holy Grail. The characters are largely self-centric, the animation is gorgeous, and the music is excellent throughout.

Made in Abyss: A young girl receives a mysterious letter from her mother who disappeared ages ago, urging her to journey to the deepest depths of the Abyss. With the help of a powerful Relic, she's determined to meet the challenge head-on, combatting savage beasts and each layer's "curse" along the way.

Demon Slayer: After his family is slaughtered by undead, a young boy trains to become part of a warrior group dedicated to exterminating the threat. Awesome music and epic fight sequences will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Since you liked InuYasha, maybe check out Ranma 1/2. The manga was written by the same person.

Tokyo Mew Mew (AKA Mew Mew Power), Mahou Sensei Negima! or the reboot titled Negima!?, or Cutie Honey might scratch that old school Magical Girl genre itch.

For something action heavy, try Accel World, Assassination Classroom, or Hellsing Ultimate

For something stupid try Excel Saga, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden, or Love Hina.

Some personal favourites I would recommend are: Serial Experiments Lain, Trigun, Tokyo Magnitude, Looking Up At The Half Moon (Hanbun Tsuki ga Noboru Sora), Red Garden, or .hack//SIGN.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
For my two cents, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Yu Yu Hakusho are two action anime you would enjoy more than DBZ, since the characters are a lot more fleshed out overall and have some emotional backstories. The fighting is also top notch in both of them.

I think those two would be best given the anime you mentioned in the OP. I would also recommend Demon Slayer since you like Inuyasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom