• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
I need food and to finish reading, but before I do that, I would like to point something out.

Something seems off about this.

Seems a bit inconsistent to me. Like at first he was unsure whether he should post the result he got on funnier, and so he gave him a null read, but then suddenly changed his mind and gave the result? That's a super important result, why not share it right away? Why just give him a false read to cover it up first?

Also, there's very little reason to be skeptical of LG's claim. It's not uncommon for Pendio to include Millers in his games, and considering how common the role is on bulba while the guys who come from there don't know whether it's rare or not here, it would be very stupid to fake claim it.

I wasn't suspicious of Lily before, but I don't like this.

FoS: Krow

I'm gonna disappear for about 45 minutes or so to eat and then I'll post again. Just wanted to get this out there.
I sort of feel like I’m gonna throw up atm, I’ll hopefully get around to rereading in an hour or so.

I just wanted to point out I thought I noticed a soft for this kind of role from nekolily during day two so I believe it.

FoSing is so lamee Mez, either you have a scum read or you’re just shadingg. Not much to with anything but it annoyed my headache.

Also if there are no objections I’m gonna claim when I get back.

funnier6

Courage~
Idk if I have time to explain everything again so I’m mostly to talk about the ones who have changed.

Town:

Kylo- same reasons

LG- same reasons

Bok- from what he’s posted today I’m more confident he’s town.

Emiya- I saw a lot of town emiya in his responses to me, I feel much better about him.

Ayano- I feel pretty confident he’s town, I don’t have time to reread his last few posts but he feels very town trying to scum hunt and not at all like he’s on a team.

ME- progressively started looking better today, I’m not 100% sure yet but so far so good.

Mez- how it pains me to put you here but I regret to say you really do look town.

Null:

Nekolily- I had her as town earlier but I don’t think I’ve seen very much of her and it feels like she dropped off the radar, going to want to see more day 3.

Minish- She looks okay so far but it’s mostly been NAI stuff, especially when she has quite a good scum game. I’d like to see more of her on day 3 too.

Inactive people go here~

My Mido read is basically the same as before.
Scum lean:

Darth- The reads list seems very CWAC since it’s very wordy but actually doesn’t say all that much, will probably be going after him day 3.

Woo I still have a minute left. :sweat:
Well I didn’t hear any objections so I’m the Diary Serial Killer. I find it important to claim not just because I can clear up a bit of the night actions but because I think it’s important that everyone should know that there is in fact a second serial killer in the game. There’s a pretty good chance that one needs to die for town to win, considering I can win with the town if they win. This also leads to believe that there most likely isn’t a vig or if there is it’s x shot.

I killed deku night 1 as everyone immediately suspected (GRRRR) kind of surprised no one entertained the possibility I might’ve been framed. Anyways as you could see on day 1 I was really frustrated cause I didn’t have any scum reads, which made me really conflicted on who to shoot so I just shot who most wanted to kill me which happened to be deku. :sweat:

I believe I was role blocked night 2, being the person I tried to kill was krow and I highly doubt he’s the godfather or bulletproof. I had noticed the soft claim, (I’m pretty positive there was a soft day 2 anyway) but my only alternative was to shoot replacements and I had already decided shooting replacements I could barely get a read on was a bad idea. I thought hard about shooting Minish instead but I couldn’t make myself do it. Killing roles suck, I just wanna be a cop. >_< I didn’t kill the lovers this time though so that’s good.

Tbh it would not surprise me at all if Minish is scum but that might just be paranoia since I thought hard about shooting zachie too and changed my mind.

Updating my reads list so I can get my thoughts in order.

Town:

Kylo-

LG-

Bok-

Krow- there’s a lot of reasons to have him here, he’s obviously telling the truth and therefore has quite an easily counterclaimable role, I very much doubt he’s scum.

Mez- He’s the best candidate for the other SK imo. Most of my reasoning is very deep in paranoia and reading into night kills but I do think that there is a very small chance of anyone else deciding to shoot zachie. I highly doubt he’s mafia though.

Null:

Minish- I remember you talked with krow a bit this phase but besides that I still haven’t really seen town Minish since you subbed back in and it unsettles me a bit.

@Pika_pika42 @Lone_Garurumon @YIGAhim @Libk @TattooArtist I can’t remember if you have given thoughts recently, if you haven’t please give and if you have please quote. Mostly talking to Pika and Yiga. Dunno why everyone wants to be so quiet.

Darth- out of everyone not on my town list he seems the way to go, I’ve already said a few times but I think being he’s been in the game the entire time and has failed to do anything towny past his first five posts he definitely deserved pressure at least.

My night kill is your night kill btw, use it wisely.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Well I didn’t hear any objections so I’m the Diary Serial Killer.

Good thing Emiya posted who he thought the killers were after night 1, because Diary Serial Killer made me think Death Note and that didn't line up with the kills you were claiming. Lol. Do you have proof of a second SK? Because I could see Light being vig. Though if they are vig I don't know why they keep taking random shots.

Also, as for you saying you haven't seen town me yet this game since subbing in, the reason for that is probably because this is a large game. I have a little bit of a harder time with them due to the amount of people. Especially right now as my only leads were Mido and Darth and I was wrong about Mido which changes my mind about Darth. If I were scum I think it would be a little easier for me to just keep up with my Darth suspicion and try to push him, but my reads are evolving based on the flips which is a town thing to do.

D

Deleted member 14134

I think by diary serial killer he most likely means he's Yuno (the pink haired one) since the series is called "the future diary." Also I haven't been keeping up enough to give anything concrete that I want to share. Though I do think funnier is probably a safe option for a lynch since we don't want more kills that are not town aligned than there have to be.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think by diary serial killer he most likely means he's Yuno (the pink haired one) since the series is called "the future diary." Also I haven't been keeping up enough to give anything concrete that I want to share. Though I do think funnier is probably a safe option for a lynch since we don't want more kills that are not town aligned than there have to be.

Yeah, I finally figured that out after seeing Emiya's post suspecting that the pink haired killer was from Future Diary. Just got a bit confused since diary killer makes it seem like they're using the Death Note. But that makes a lot more sense.

funnier6

Courage~
Good thing Emiya posted who he thought the killers were after night 1, because Diary Serial Killer made me think Death Note and that didn't line up with the kills you were claiming. Lol. Do you have proof of a second SK? Because I could see Light being vig. Though if they are vig I don't know why they keep taking random shots.

Also, as for you saying you haven't seen town me yet this game since subbing in, the reason for that is probably because this is a large game. I have a little bit of a harder time with them due to the amount of people. Especially right now as my only leads were Mido and Darth and I was wrong about Mido which changes my mind about Darth. If I were scum I think it would be a little easier for me to just keep up with my Darth suspicion and try to push him, but my reads are evolving based on the flips which is a town thing to do.
Well, not evidence in a I can prove it sorta way, the only way would be for them to die.

Idk, I feel like you haven’t talked about anything but Mido and darth since subbing in.
By Diary Serial Killer I mean the name of my role is Diary Serial Killer.They’re town aligned if you want them to be.

Tbh idk how anyone could think I would make up a big long story about some imaginary second SK just in some last ditch attempt to live longer when we all know if I truly had to win as last man standing that wasn’t going to happen in a million years.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Well, not evidence in a I can prove it sorta way, the only way would be for them to die.

Idk, I feel like you haven’t talked about anything but Mido and darth since subbing in.

I just meant like does your role hint at there being another SK or something? Because from just the flavor and stuff it seems like the person you're claiming to be the second SK might just be vig.

Well yeah, because this is only the second day for me since subbing in. Lol. The first day I talked about them because they were my main suspects and Mido was my vote. I haven't done my re-read yet to see if I can find anything else for this day though. But I'm talking about you now and not just them. Plus I've mentioned a few of my town reads.

funnier6

Courage~
I just meant like does your role hint at there being another SK or something? Because from just the flavor and stuff it seems like the person you're claiming to be the second SK might just be vig.

Well yeah, because this is only the second day for me since subbing in. Lol. The first day I talked about them because they were my main suspects and Mido was my vote. I haven't done my re-read yet to see if I can find anything else for this day though. But I'm talking about you now and not just them. Plus I've mentioned a few of my town reads.
Well it’s more blatant than a hint but yes.

Well that seems all right, if you could get a bunch of thoughts after that reread that would be great, I feel like I haven’t seen very much of your thought processes.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Well it’s more blatant than a hint but yes.

Well that seems all right, if you could get a bunch of thoughts after that reread that would be great, I feel like I haven’t seen very much of your thought processes.

Ah, okay. That does help some at least. Especially since it kinda does make sense, seeing as if the third killer was a vig they would've been taking some random shots.

Yeah, I'll probably do a re-read later on tonight/morning and make a bigger post with my thoughts. You haven't seen much of it because I haven't done a whole lot yet. Haha. Finally just now getting into the game a bit more, so hopefully I'll be able to think clearer now.

Well funnier that's a helpful bit of information. do you have an reads on who you think it is?

DarthWolf

Betraying Kingmaker
From my understanding of the role the SK wins if they survive the whole game. It doesn't matter if Town wins or if Mafia wins, if SK is still alive they win too. That's how I would set it up in my games. The SK more than likely will be playing more pro-town though, despite being purely alone role-wise.
Yeah they need to survive, which can be done with either side. It's kinda similar to my survivor claim in OoT mafia, hr can easily stab town if it will favour you and I won't take that risk.

Vote: funnier6

Honestly, I'm surprised people aren't voting him after a SK claim

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
funnier, what is it that makes you so confident that there's a second SK in the game? Does it have to do with your role, or is it just based on a hunch? It would be helpful to know, because most of the people in this game who speak anime seem to believe it's a Vig, based on the character flavour, and I'm willing to trust their judgment. Having two independent killers in a game on top of the mafia seems OP to me.

At this point, I am not feeling inclined to trust funnier. No matter how pro-town they may say they are, SK's are ultimately independent, and can very easily turn the game in their favour at any time if it starts looking like the end result may change. When it comes down to it, fulfilling their wincon is all that matters to them, and if that means they have to help the mafia win, that is what they will do. I am extremely hesitant to trust SK's, especially when this one's first kill in the game was a townie. It means he's reckless, not caring about who dies and why. funnier, if you are really "pro-town", you wouldn't have killed Deku night 1 with the ludicrous reasoning that you did. I'll leave you alone for now, because we don't need to lynch the SK since keeping you alive means the Mafia almost have no choice but to target you tonight, which could potentially save a townie from dying at night. At least if we leave you alone today, we have a chance at killing mafia today.

However, I am still feeling unsure about Krow. Something still doesn't sit right with me on how he pretended to read funnier, just to claim only one or two posts later. His first post as a replacement was stating disbelief of LG's claim, and then in his reads list, LG was his only scum lean. But then, immediately after, he reveals the funnier-SK thing and places his vote on funnier. Why not vote for your scum lean? We don't need to lynch the SK, the mafia and/or vig will kill him at night if they're smart, and there are pretty much guaranteed to be roleblockers in this game. Hell, not lynching funnier today could even save us from losing a townie during the night phase. idk, it just seems weird and inconsistent, and his reasoning for the scum lean on LG is extremely easy. Also, role cop is an NAI role, and I more often see it as a Mafia role than a Town role, at least on this site.

Speaking of LG, I'm not fond of Ayano's vote on him either. I, among others, have explained several times in this thread why his claim should be trusted. There's very little reason not to trust it. Ayano has been looking pretty townie for me throughout most of the game, but that vote stood out to me.

The last thing I want to bring up is Minish's funnier vote and then subsequent unvote. Her reasoning seems fair enough, but if you're worried about piling votes on someone before they have a chance to say their piece, then why vote in the first place? It seemed a bit opportunistic and the unvote almost seems panicky.

I'm sure I'm forgetting or leaving out something. It's been a really long day and I'm tired af and I need to sleep so goodnight fam. In fact I know there was at least one other thing I wanted to say, but with my brain about ready to die and my body ready to shut down, I can't remember for the life of me. It'll come back to me later, hopefully.

To be more blunt about it, I made my call on Loney G before I used my ability, that was simply my own judgement just from normal reading. When I got the response from my ability, I changed to funnier to get him to openly admit to everyone, since I knew for a fact who he was and placed my vote. Though you are right I suppose, there is no need to go for the lynch on him when the scumlords will likely have to deal with it, or the Vig, whoever gets there first I guess?

Unvote

Care to throw down a full reads list when you get back Mezlo? You seem to know an awful lot more than the rest of us, according to your posts.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Seems a bit inconsistent to me. Like at first he was unsure whether he should post the result he got on funnier, and so he gave him a null read, but then suddenly changed his mind and gave the result? That's a super important result, why not share it right away? Why just give him a false read to cover it up first?

I noticed this a while ago but forgot to point it out when I was first reading through the new posts when I woke up. But this part of one of your posts stood out to me, since you also quoted this part of Krow's read list that I quoted below. I don't think he necessarily gave him a false read at first, he just didn't want to draw attention to his role. Didn't notice it until he had already made his claim and you quoted the post again, but he very slightly softs that funnier is SK. The part of the read on him that says "maybe you could take a stab at it" clearly hints at him being SK in hindsight. It makes a bit of sense for Krow to not want to outright state that info and draw mafia to him if he's town. Kinda wish I had noticed that hint before I asked him what info he found out though.

Funnier - Also seems to be scumlord hunting and very active, but something feels off about you, can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe you could take a stab at it?

funnier, what is it that makes you so confident that there's a second SK in the game? Does it have to do with your role, or is it just based on a hunch? It would be helpful to know, because most of the people in this game who speak anime seem to believe it's a Vig, based on the character flavour, and I'm willing to trust their judgment. Having two independent killers in a game on top of the mafia seems OP to me.

I'm not super knowledgeable about anime, but I know a small bit about Death Note which one of the kills seems to be pointing to. So maybe someone else could correct me if I'm wrong here, but I could see Light being either Vig or SK, just depends. I mean, he was part of the mafia in the last game so it's not a stretch for him to be SK this time. Plus if he's vig, then the vig is just taking random shots which isn't the greatest for town. Especially as I don't see why they would go after All Might who didn't seem particularly scummy imo.

The last thing I want to bring up is Minish's funnier vote and then subsequent unvote. Her reasoning seems fair enough, but if you're worried about piling votes on someone before they have a chance to say their piece, then why vote in the first place? It seemed a bit opportunistic and the unvote almost seems panicky.

I'll admit that my vote and unvote in that short amount of time doesn't look great. But at the time I voted, I didn't pay attention to what the majority was. A bit after I had placed my vote, I realized I should check to make sure mafia couldn't easily pile onto the vote and hammer since Krow had voted as well and with the claim of funnier being SK it would be easy for people to justify their vote on him. You make a good case about mafia or vig going after SK at night anyways, so there's no need to lynch him, so in hindsight, my original vote wasn't the best anyways. I just saw it as the best lead at the time and might have jumped the gun a tiny bit which I realized soon after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom