• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
I do get why people aren't taking funnier's word on that. And I'm not completely trusting him either, but I am considering the possibility. Mostly because it came from funnier and I just don't think he would lie about that, even as SK. But I'll admit, I could be completely wrong. However, if that role is vig, they have been taking random shots, and that's not good for town. Sure they got lucky with a mafia kill n1, but then they ended up killing two townies n2 by hitting one of the lovers.
After All Might 2.0's death, I feel like he was the Vigilante, but we can figure that out later.

I agree that it seems like it might have been done to make Bok look bad. It would've made a little more sense if Bok had done it (though it was a bit rash and came out of nowhere, so that's why I didn't automatically assume he did it), since Krow was throwing suspicion on both Pika and All Might, implying they were possible scumbuds. And All Might's flip in the middle of that cleared up that connection. Which kinda makes Krow look a little worse imo, since it looks like he was just throwing out accusations in an attempt to make himself look better.
Actually, I think that was mostly me drawing the connection between Pika and All Might as a potential theory to explain the events of N3. Obviously it was at least partially wrong, but it was still worth considering at the time.

I mentioned it in one of my posts before, but he did ask if roleblocker blocked kills on here and then after that was when he placed his vote on Darth and said it was due to his role. That to me seemed like he had blocked Darth, saw people talking about the possibility of no kills because mafia was roleblocked, realized that he had potentially blocked mafia and perhaps was the reason there was no kill, and then used that info to vote for Darth. That also kinda explains why he said he only had evidence/confirmation that he blocks kills because Darth flipped scum. Because he seemed unsure if his role had that ability, but once Darth did actually flip scum, then it sorta confirmed for him that it was possible for him to block kills. Him saying he was suspicious of Darth because of his night actions after all the talk about lack of kills because of a roleblocker makes complete sense.
This is fair, I actually did miss that he asked about Roleblockers blocking kills before his post where he voted Darth. However, this could very well also be opportunistic scum finding a way to use the lack of NK to their advantage to gain Town cred. There is still no evidence that a Roleblocker is causing the lack of kills, and, depending on who scum chose to kill N2, they could have hit a Bulletproof.

Would you mind pointing out where he answered it, because I must have missed that. Never saw him state the exact results he got.
Technically, he never did, ME1 did and he confirmed it. I quoted both relevant posts in my previous post.
Nobody has yet brought up the possibility of All Might having been a Desperado. Considering he died during the day, and then what he said afterwards, I think that's very possible. I can't think of many other roles that are able to kill during the day.
I kinda doubt that All Might would have done something like that without at least hinting towards it first.
Pretty sure saying: "I'm going to use my action on Krow, if I die, he's Town," doesn't actually count as roleclaiming, though I could be wrong on that front.
As for his statement afterward, it makes me believe moreso that someone used an ability on him, not vice versa.

The only possible way I think this can line up is if he was 100% sure Krow was scum, and figured he would live to tell the tale after submitting his action. Even so, not saying anything beforehand is kinda a dumb move all around, since, on the offhand chance he was wrong, he'd be dead and Town would have no explanation whatsoever.

I think moreso, as I said above, he was the Vigilante. Plus, the flavor doesn't imply any sort of confrontation whatsoever, and I know that y'all are big into revealing details in the FT, as opposed to full role flips.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Actually, I think that was mostly me drawing the connection between Pika and All Might as a potential theory to explain the events of N3. Obviously it was at least partially wrong, but it was still worth considering at the time.

Krow was connecting them quite a bit as well, saying that All Might seemed like he was defending Pika and they were both going after him at the same time. Seemed to be implying he thought they were scumbuds working together. That's partially why I'm kinda believing Pika a bit over Krow, since Pika felt like he reacted more townie to the pressure on him, whereas Krow felt like scum panicking when under pressure.

This is fair, I actually did miss that he asked about Roleblockers blocking kills before his post where he voted Darth. However, this could very well also be opportunistic scum finding a way to use the lack of NK to their advantage to gain Town cred. There is still no evidence that a Roleblocker is causing the lack of kills, and, depending on who scum chose to kill N2, they could have hit a Bulletproof.

He didn't seem to think that roleblocker would block kills and didn't vote for Darth until he thought that was possible. It could be scum trying to gain town cred, but it doesn't really look that way to me. That's a bit of an elaborate set-up for town cred, and it didn't even work for him. Plus, roleblocker would be a risky thing to claim as scum, because you'd assume that there would likely be a counterclaim (which there has been, but since Bok also has other abilities with his role I'm not sure that means one of them is scum). Though I guess it would be better to ask if roleblocker is a common role on Bulba, and if it's usually AI?

It's also true that there's not proof that the roleblocker is causing the lack of kills, but it's possible that it is. There was a lack of 2 kills n2, so one could be attributed to someone being bulletproof and one could be contributed to roleblocker. And like I've said, funnier claimed to target Krow n2, and he didn't die, so that accounts for one missing death. Neither of the claimed roleblockers said that they blocked funnier though, so imo, that seems to suggest that Krow may be bullet proof. So why would a town cop be bulletproof? Doesn't that seem more like something mafia would have?

Technically, he never did, ME1 did and he confirmed it. I quoted both relevant posts in my previous post.

Ah, sorry I missed the quotes the first time. However, Mez asked two different questions there and Krow just responded with indeed. A bit of a vague answer. He's been a little vague about the whole thing actually. I dunno, it's just seems to me that Pika's claims are adding up more than Krow's. The only thing throwing me off about Pika's claim, is Bok's claim that he is also a roleblocker, and I have Bok in my town read as well.

I kinda doubt that All Might would have done something like that without at least hinting towards it first.
Pretty sure saying: "I'm going to use my action on Krow, if I die, he's Town," doesn't actually count as roleclaiming, though I could be wrong on that front.
As for his statement afterward, it makes me believe moreso that someone used an ability on him, not vice versa.

The only possible way I think this can line up is if he was 100% sure Krow was scum, and figured he would live to tell the tale after submitting his action. Even so, not saying anything beforehand is kinda a dumb move all around, since, on the offhand chance he was wrong, he'd be dead and Town would have no explanation whatsoever.

I think moreso, as I said above, he was the Vigilante. Plus, the flavor doesn't imply any sort of confrontation whatsoever, and I know that y'all are big into revealing details in the FT, as opposed to full role flips

I agree that All Might would've probably said something before doing that if he were Desperado. Also agree that it looks like he could have been vig. However, if that's the case, then you'd have to accept the possibility of a second SK. Since the other deaths that have happened that we've been unable to figure out if it came from a vig or second SK definitely seem like they came from the Death Note. And All Might's death kinda seems like it could've been from the Death Note as well, but I'm less sure about that since the other kills have been heart attacks. But if they are from Light using the Death Note, than All Might's character flip suggests that he wasn't the killer.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
It's also true that there's not proof that the roleblocker is causing the lack of kills, but it's possible that it is. There was a lack of 2 kills n2, so one could be attributed to someone being bulletproof and one could be contributed to roleblocker. And like I've said, funnier claimed to target Krow n2, and he didn't die, so that accounts for one missing death.
I have a theory on this. Take this as objectively as possible, but look at the "role titles" for Mighty Engineer.
"Immortal Lover"
Well, we know what the Lover bit was, since ME2,1 committed suicide when All Might was killed N2, but what about the "Immortal" bit? Clearly neither of them were truly immortal, since they both died, so what could it mean?
Well, take a look at ME2,1's playstyle on D1. It was very laid back, very non-committal, and it seemed like he was trying to stay off the radar. Most unlike him, but it makes sense. His usual "fatalistic" playstyle would result in the death of a second townie, which would hardly be ideal, especially since, as of D1, it hadn't been established how many killing roles there were.

Take a look at D2, though. A lot more confidence showing through, a full and detailed reads list, even a bit of excessive banter about Batman and a few "false trail" softclaims with a real softclaim buried in there. Considerably more like his usual playstyle. What's the difference? Why so tentative on D1 and more bold on D2? Did it seem like, maybe, he was trying to bait a kill? But why? Why would he do that, if it meant the death of another townie?
Perhaps it has something to do with the "Immortal" part of that role? Something that may not have been mentioned in the FT, since he ended up dying anyway due to All Might being targeted.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I have a theory on this. Take this as objectively as possible, but look at the "role titles" for Mighty Engineer.
"Immortal Lover"
Well, we know what the Lover bit was, since ME2,1 committed suicide when All Might was killed N2, but what about the "Immortal" bit? Clearly neither of them were truly immortal, since they both died, so what could it mean?
Well, take a look at ME2,1's playstyle on D1. It was very laid back, very non-committal, and it seemed like he was trying to stay off the radar. Most unlike him, but it makes sense. His usual "fatalistic" playstyle would result in the death of a second townie, which would hardly be ideal, especially since, as of D1, it hadn't been established how many killing roles there were.

Take a look at D2, though. A lot more confidence showing through, a full and detailed reads list, even a bit of excessive banter about Batman and a few "false trail" softclaims with a real softclaim buried in there. Considerably more like his usual playstyle. What's the difference? Why so tentative on D1 and more bold on D2? Did it seem like, maybe, he was trying to bait a kill? But why? Why would he do that, if it meant the death of another townie?
Perhaps it has something to do with the "Immortal" part of that role? Something that may not have been mentioned in the FT, since he ended up dying anyway due to All Might being targeted.

Oh yeah, All Might did mention something about your original role being bulletproof. Though Bok said he blocked you n2. Don't know if that would block your bulletproof or not as well.

So it would seem the roles this time around have a bit of a twist to them with additional abilities, in your previous cases, lovers who are bulletproof. Not to mention from what I've read of the Delta Emerald game my sister was a Bulletproof townie and died due to the town's disbelief, something you should know firsthand Minish as you were one of the doubtful townies. I find it interesting that you would be doubtful again after experiencing it once before.

Also my result was interesting to the point that I had to look up what it meant. The wording that was used was "No Result" and looking it up suggested possibly Vig or SK, so I took a gamble from there and funnier ended up claiming to it himself. I know it was risky, but it paid off.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Oh yeah, All Might did mention something about your original role being bulletproof. Though Bok said he blocked you n2. Don't know if that would block your bulletproof or not as well.
Interesting...not going to confirm or deny this, but if All Might was giving information about his previous role, perhaps his death was a modkill and not a specific role in the game. Certainly explains the odd flavor.

Assuming BP was in play, it's a passive role, no action necessary. Roleblockers don't usually block those.

I'm actually very curious about Krow's N2 results now, because, as a Cop, getting a "No Result" would usually mean that you've been Roleblocked, not that your target was Indep.
Krow either got insanely lucky in calling out the actual SK, or the way Indep Cop checks work here is different from how they work on Bulba.

D

Deleted member 14134

I might kill yiga tonight if pika flips scum. He seems to be lying very low and 9t doesn't look like we're going to get much from him even though he knows i can kill him tonight.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Incidentally, I think it's time to come up with one of my patented "master plans" for coordinating night actions. Feel free to ignore me, of course, but coordinating our actions is usually a good thing to do.

Condition 1: Pika_Pika flips scum

Krow: cop check Ayano or ME1
Vigilante/second SK: take out TattooArtist. That slot has been too inactive and is far too much of a wildcard at this point.
Bok: block Ayano or TattooArtist
Maniacal Engineer: fly to Nashville Tennessee.
Other investigative roles: observe ME1, Minish, or Ayano.
Protective/Redirecting role: Krow is highest priority. If you're a simple redirector, direct all actions away from Krow. If you're a bus driver, switch Krow with someone like myself or Yiga.

Condition 2: Pika flips Town

In this case, Krow is almost certainly Mafia, but I wouldn't try shooting him, since he's probably BP Godfather. Save him for D5's lynch.

Vigilante/SK2: shoot TattooArtist. The same applies that I said above.
Bok: try blocking Yiga again.
Redirecting/Protecting Role: keep yourself alive, if possible.
Investigative roles: check Minish, ME1, or Ayano.
Maniacal Engineer: still fly to Nashville.

D

Deleted member 14134

Like i said before, someone needs to re-read everything i saod about my role today. There is a very obvious connection and there is enough information to figure out exactly what I can do.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Okay. Rereading, I think I understand. It's a rather...odd sort of role, but, TBH, if Pika flips as scum, shooting Yiga might not be a terrible idea.
I don't want a repeat of D1, but his posts since o subbed back in have been very sparse and don't seem to contain his self-proclaimed usual scummy townplay.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 4 Final Vote Tally:
Krow - 1 (Pika_pika42)
Pika_pika42 - 3 (Krow, Spider-Bok, Maniacal Engineer)

Not voting - Minish_Link, TattooArtist, YIGAhim, Ayano Keiko, Mellow Ezlo

This was an eventful day to be sure. Lots of new information was being tossed around in every direction. I had a hard time keeping up with it all, if truth be told. So anyway, the day ended with them wanting to lynch Pika_pika42. He seemed awfully stressed out as he was being brought to the execution chair. Man I really felt bad for him. I mean, I would have been scared ****less if I was in his shoes. Before they reached the chair, however, Pika_pika42 and those restraining him started floating up into the air. It seemed to be a way for Pika_pika42 to escape his premature demise. Anyway, he was brought back down by the others and then put in the chair as planned. When he died a lot of people seemed saddened by it, so I guess he wasn’t one of the bad guys after all…

Pika_pika42 was Ochako Uraraka (from My Hero Academia), the Zero Gravity Blocker.

IENXpfU.png

The living (8):
Minish_Link
Krow
funnier6
YIGAhim
Spider-Bok
Maniacal Engineer
Mellow Ezlo
Ayano Keiko

The dead (12):
YIGAhim - Artoria Pendragon, the Saber-Class Servant (lynched day 1)
Minish_Link - Okabe Rintarou, the Mad Scientist (killed night 1)
Zachie - Lust, the Ultimate Spear (killed night 1)
DekuNut - Lelouch vi Britannia, the Commander (killed night 1)
Mido - Sakura Haruno, the Medical Ninja (lynched day 2)
All Might - Miria Harvent, an Immortal Lover (killed night 2)
Maniacal Engineer - Isaac Dian, an Immortal Lover (committed suicide night 2)
DarthWolf - Knives Millions, the Plant (lynched day 3)
Libk - Mitsukuni “Honey” Haninozuka, the Sweetness Addict (killed night 3)
funnier6 - Yuno Gasai, the Diary Serial Killer (killed night 3)
All Might - Spike Spiegel, the Space Cowboy (killed day 4)
Pika_pika42 - Ochako Uraraka, the Zero Gravity Blocker (lynched day 4)

Night 4 Begins!

Those of you with active power roles, please PM me your night actions before Thursday, November 23rd 2017 at 11:59 PM CET. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...&p0=293&msg=End+of+Night+4&font=cursive&csz=1

Attention: @funnier6 has replaced TattooArtist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom