• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
"Just lynch a bomb" is very hard to do, and requires mafia to perform what is essentially a day kill instead of a nightkill.
Yes, the miller bit helps.
There wouldn't be enough though, not without the bomb not blocking parity.

I mean that's basically mafia's job, to lynch town.
Town has to get godfather lynched or else they lose.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Hermit Purple is all about getting info from afar.

I don't think of Hermit Purple and think of him hiding in a bush looking in on someone tbh. You're right in that I'm assuming there would be like a camera limit but that could just be handwavedin flavor.

Joeself can't target who he peers at though, so that's weird that the role would just let SunFan do that and grant him more info if the target was killed.

It's just flavor wise it makes no sense to me.

Also something something targeted 1 person twice under the same circumstance and got two very different bits of info shouldn't have ever really flown but that's besides the point and probably the benefit of me knowing the answer when I first saw it.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I'm trying to think if wolbes makes it this far in a timeline where all of town actually plays and wolves don't bus each other to infinity

And I think the way town handled wagonomics that the POE hones in on wolves pretty much as soon as Funnier flips (because with a 3rd party claim that flip is gonna happen sooner or later) and the idea wolves are just suppose to lynch the bombs in a mystery game where they don't know bombs are a thing just seems wrong to me.

So the way to do it was legit bus everyone and win F3 but when you're bussing people you can't lynch the bombs you don't realize you need to be lynching so uhh

Yeah I'm kinda on SunFan's side here I don't understand how you're expected to deal with that.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I could have also been roleblocked and killed.

Minish was definitely a lynchable player.

The odds of the SK and vig hitting us were pretty big, tbh. The only reason I was okay was because funnier misplayed against me and got me townpants by holding back info and claiming 3p.

-

I haven't looked closely at the specific game's balance (which is probably still town-sided, like most ZD games), I'm just saying that it's normal for some games to have elimination rules instead of parity rules.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I don't think of Hermit Purple and think of him hiding in a bush looking in on someone tbh. You're right in that I'm assuming there would be like a camera limit but that could just be handwavedin flavor.

Joeself can't target who he peers at though, so that's weird that the role would just let SunFan do that and grant him more info if the target was killed.

It's just flavor wise it makes no sense to me.

Also something something targeted 1 person twice under the same circumstance and got two very different bits of info shouldn't have ever really flown but that's besides the point and probably the benefit of me knowing the answer when I first saw it.
I was thinking of it as like he gets info regardless of if he's right from a distance using his photos and he gets extra info if he actually gets to the right place.

Idk, I was going to break down his claim today in more detail but the game ended before I got off work.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Already miss the Yuuko avatar.

Anyway thanks for the invite, was fun meeting all you guys
I'll miss it too, tbh. Can't torture funnier forever, though. (:

Thanks for playing with us, it was a pleasure even if we only played together for like one phase or w/e.

Something something ships passing in the night.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
its easy to say a claim doesn't make sense in retrospect.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Rip Magic Girl claim, and the Vengeful claim would've worked if not for you meddling kids (that is to say Minish having a similar role).

All in all, though, it was great to dive back into the chaos even if I was rusty in several spots, but I'd very much be down to play another game with all of you. Definitely didn't expect to land scum in the second slot.

Reactions: Pen

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i mean he claimed self-aligned on day one there's a good chance he would have died D2 anyways.

Reactions: Pen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom